Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 216

Thread: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

  1. #126

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    There has been no news yet?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  2. #127
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    I didn't hear any bulls fans crying when the Pacers lost Johnathon Bender.


    *all the best to Drose but fk the bulls.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  4. #128
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,480

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't hear any bulls fans crying when the Pacers lost Johnathon Bender.
    If a tree falls in the forest and there no one there to hear it....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  6. #129
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There has been no news yet?
    Probably won't know MRI results until this evening our time.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  7. #130
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,604

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Sorry for Drose. Always hate to see anyone go down.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  9. #131
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude what? We already beat them with Rose, plus you think the Bulls would feel the same way if we lost PG? Hell no.
    Disagree! All fan bases are more or less the same, meaning they would mirror what is being said on here to some degree. Some would say that's great, others would say that's to bad, I hate the Pacers, but liked to watch PG play.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  11. #132
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,394

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Surprised there are no news yet from the MRI. There is always hope it's a MCL and misses 2 months or so.

  12. #133
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Per KC Johnson - Torn Meniscus.

    That means he'll be out about 6 weeks.

  13. #134
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,191

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    EDIT: I guess I would say Good news,
    Last edited by boombaby1987; 11-23-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    @qandrews9428

  14. #135
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Good news, all things considered.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  16. #136

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Good news for the Bulls, they just have to hope he can get in his groove by playoff time, he should be back by January or February

  17. #137
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,394

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    ESPN says vibe over in Chicago is they prepare themselves accepting the possibility of Rose missing the season

    Nobody knows exactly how much he will be out until the surgery is complete I guess.

  18. #138
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Here is a very informative video about the injury from the time that Blake Griffin tore his meniscus:



    Rose tore his medial meniscus just like Blake. We need to know if the tear occured in the outer, thicker part or the inner, thinner part.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  19. #139
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,665

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    I hate the bulls just like the next pacer fan and this STILL hurts and I feel absolutely horrible for D-Rose
    Help us Paul George......you're our only hope

  20. #140
    The Pac-Attack CompACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Per KC Johnson - Torn Meniscus.

    That means he'll be out about 6 weeks.
    Approximately 4-6 weeks if the surgery is to remove the meniscus.
    Approximately 6 months if the surgery is to repair the meniscus.

    Looking long-term, removing the meniscus can be problematic because it can lead to knee issues later in life (which might mean a shortened bball career for Rose). Considering the way DRose plays, he should seriously consider repairing the meniscus if he wants to retain some of that athleticism he's known for.
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:


  22. #141

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Approximately 4-6 weeks if the surgery is to remove the meniscus.
    Approximately 6 months if the surgery is to repair the meniscus.

    Looking long-term, removing the meniscus can be problematic because it can lead to knee issues later in life (which might mean a shortened bball career for Rose). Considering the way DRose plays, he should seriously consider repairing the meniscus if he wants to retain some of that athleticism he's known for.
    Yea like Dwayne Wade, who regrets removing meniscus. If the East really, doesn't improve the playoffs is going to be really sad.

  23. #142
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,582

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    it's that special time during injuries where everyone on pacersdigest is a doctor and then we get to argue about who has a more proper diagnosis only this time it'll be about someone who doesn't even play on our team.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:


  25. #143

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's that special time during injuries where everyone on pacersdigest is a doctor and then we get to argue about who has a more proper diagnosis only this time it'll be about someone who doesn't even play on our team.
    Yes but I have seen waaaayyyy more online patients than any of you so that's why my opinion is more valid. Now if I could just get those people to pay I would be rich lol.

  26. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,253

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea like Dwayne Wade, who regrets removing meniscus. If the East really, doesn't improve the playoffs is going to be really sad.
    Yeah, no kidding. With Rose out, we're basically just waiting 6 months for a glorious 7 game Pacers - Heat bloodbath in the Eastern Conference Finals.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  27. #145
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    The grind of the NBA season may be a factor. But it starts way, way before then. These kids are playing 100 game seasons at grade school age. That's a lot of mileage on the joints even before they even get to college.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  28. #146
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,480

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's that special time during injuries where everyone on pacersdigest is a doctor and then we get to argue about who has a more proper diagnosis only this time it'll be about someone who doesn't even play on our team.

    I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  29. #147
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,602
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    I like pie!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  31. #148

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    So apparently the best long term surgery scenario for Rose would likely put him out the rest of the season, while the other option is worse long term, and would put him back in 1-2 months

  32. #149
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,473

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I hate to say it, I have to say it.

    Called it.

    Let me be clear here.

    This is coming from someone who (like many of us) HATES the Bulls with a passion. However, I've also dealt with chronic orthopedic issues for most of my life, so I know a trainwreck waiting to happen when I see one. Not happy to see someone get hurt, even if I do want our guys to absolutely pulverize them on the court.
    You called a random injury to a knee he had never hurt before? That's pretty impressive.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  33. #150
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,473

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sharpie the tear. MRI's are usually just confirmation. (when they're already saying tear)
    Yeah first guy in a while that I can remember to apparently fail the lachman and not come through positive for the MRI. Same thing happened to me but it's really rare.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •