Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My Green didn't green in original post
    Should have known,
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    I just feel like this team is fully capable of winning a championship without any asterisks, and I if I had the choice, I'd much rather go through full strength teams.
    We're agreed there.

I think we're fully capable of winning against full strength teams too. But I'm not going to all of a sudden downplay any of our success if we face a shorthanded team. We're missing an All-Star, too.

Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    We're agreed there.

I think we're fully capable of winning against full strength teams too. But I'm not going to all of a sudden downplay any of our success if we face a shorthanded team. We're missing an All-Star, too.
    I shouldn't care what other people think, but if they put asterisks on our success, it is just annoying. They already do for last year.
    @qandrews9428

5. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

he's not there and didn't do any evaluations, but...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I believe Frank Gore messed both of his knees up in college and has had an incredibly long, productive career for a running back. Garrison Hearst, Willis McGahee, and many others have all recovered and succeeded.

I would just think a running back has more stress because they are making a ton of cuts and jukes too and I can't imagine throwing your body around in the paint being near as bad as two 300 pound guys falling on you.
    I'm not saying guys can't succeed post injury, just that they're never the same. Gore has never been known for his speed, more for his power. I honestly don' remember much of Hearst so I can't comment there, and McGahee has been a productive, above-average back his entire career. But, one has to wonder what might've been had he not gotten hurt against Ohio State in the Championship Game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    As a Pacer fan I could care less. The guy is a millionaire off a high school education to boot. Its a shame but he will be just fine in the long run.
    No.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well he may have gotten the RG III syndrome, tearing both his ACL's in a short period of time (if true).

There's no way he can be ever the same again if he's messed up both his knees. I think Rose in one way might've waited too long to come back, but then Thibs compounds the issue when he comes back by playing him on back to back nights on the road.

It's just unfortunate, I want the Pacers to beat everyone at full strength because they CAN do it.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    I'm not saying guys can't succeed post injury, just that they're never the same. Gore has never been known for his speed, more for his power. I honestly don' remember much of Hearst so I can't comment there, and McGahee has been a productive, above-average back his entire career. But, one has to wonder what might've been had he not gotten hurt against Ohio State in the Championship Game.
    They most likely got their injuries by getting hit on their knees too. That's usually how football knee injuries happen. Basketball knee injuries happen due to overuse, and they give out when cutting. If you're not injuring your knee when cutting, then I doubt you have the fear of tearing it while cutting like those who did injure theirs cutting.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Banned
    Mood

Does your knee buckle when you are mentally weak? This is just moronic.

These kinds of put downs need to stop.

Look at the facts.

We know Rose is overly concerned about his health, possibly to the point of anxiety. We know this because he was, to be blunt, scared to return to the court despite being fully medically cleared. Keeping this in mind, it's not out of the question that he tweaked his knee in a (relatively) minor fashion, and, in a state of panic and/or shock, feel to the ground, and then over-dramatized the severity of the injury.

If you think any of this is "moronic," then you really should study the human psyche more.

Also, notice that I didn't say it was definitely psychological, or entirely psychological, only that it wouldn't surprise me if it was primarily psychological. And it wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    There is nothing psychological about tearing a part of your body. Psychology comes into play during rehabilitation.
    You're another one who can't grasp the point I'm making. See above.

guys...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Well, damn. If Rose is done, how many years does the asterisk apply to the non-Bulls NBA champs? Is that in the CBA or does Stern decide?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

That's terrible. ACL, surgery, rehab, return, and get the other ACL? I don't especially like Rose, but I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

I'm glad our training staff is being so careful with Danny.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sharpie the tear. MRI's are usually just confirmation. (when they're already saying tear)
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

DgR

Let's keep the personal jabs out of the discussion, please.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    guys...

This guy is dead accurate pretty much always.
    @qandrews9428

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    They most likely got their injuries by getting hit on their knees too. That's usually how football knee injuries happen.
    It's a variety of things, really. I think you're right, most of them come from unfortunate his. But, you have Reggie Wayne's whose simply gave out on him, and Anthony Gonzalez tore his in the preseason on an in-cut that was completely untouched. I believe Marlin Jackson tore his due to Philly having uneven grass between sidelines and playing field. And I also believe Vick Ballard tore his ACL this year during a non-contact play.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

This guy is dead accurate pretty much always.
    Right. I trust Will Carroll that he has a legit source from the Bulls telling him this.

But, there's no confirmation yet. So never know I guess.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Right. I trust Will Carroll that he has a legit source from the Bulls telling him this.

But, there's no confirmation yet. So never know I guess.
    W.C. is going off Bulls/Chicago writers. Has retweeted a few, including one who had a source. But you are right, no confirmation, and we won't get one until that MRI tomorrow. It's going to be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    No.
    He put it rather crassly, but I get the point he's making. Of all the people in the world whose misfortunes warrant shedding tears over, a multimillionaire athlete is pretty low on the list, even if that athlete's career is in jeopardy. Rose's worst-case scenario is better than 99% of the world's best-case scenario.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Might've not been the best idea to post this earlier in the day...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/time-ch...0609--nba.html
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Mood

I just researched every championship ever won in every sport and the good news is that there have been no asterisks assigned to any team because a opposing teams star went down in with a non contact injury early in the season... And I am a guru on asterisks. Except how to spell astrisk...

The 2011 Giants team did however receive an asterisk for their championship, but it wasn't because Peyton had a broken neck. It was because they won it with a gump for a qb

33. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

It's a variety of things, really. I think you're right, most of them come from unfortunate his. But, you have Reggie Wayne's whose simply gave out on him, and Anthony Gonzalez tore his in the preseason on an in-cut that was completely untouched. I believe Marlin Jackson tore his due to Philly having uneven grass between sidelines and playing field. And I also believe Vick Ballard tore his ACL this year during a non-contact play.
    You can say that again!

Enjoy your time at PD!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Whats this BS going around here that we want to beat beat the Bulls with Rose, and that it some how detracts from our team's success if Rose isn't on the court when we spank them. Lets not forget we been with out one of our best players for 18 months now! The Miami Heat beat us last year cause we didn't have Granger on the floor. IT GOES BOTH WAYS! By George somebody has to win that championship and last time I check the Pacers haven't done it yet. I want our first championship! I don't care if we are the only healthy team left in the league, I want to see that Banner!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post: