Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd Thought's: Waverly Wizards (or how I learned to stop worrying & love Lance's bombs)

Default Odd Thought's: Waverly Wizards (or how I learned to stop worrying & love Lance's bombs)

Over the course of history humanity has witnessed many glorious and awe inspiring events. The birth of civilization, the invention of paper, the discovery of electricity, the signing of the Magna Carta and the Renaissance.

All pale in comparison to the lead entry pass that Lance Stephenson threw to Luis Scola for his 10th assist. Both of the one handed assists will get all of the glory and air play and believe me on their own each was truly a sight to behold but I’m telling you that pass was so picture perfect that Magic Johnson jumped up out of his chair (wherever he was) and said “hot damn what a pass”.

God love Lance he is nothing if not a live wire.

Hang on folks were going on a ride because our Indiana Pacers are 15-1 and are the best team on the planet. That’s right I said it and I don’t care who hears it.

We can talk about strength of schedule we can talk about how weak the east is but at the end of the day we are going to go into that one old sports clichť that can’t be overlooked. You are what your record say’s you are.

To give you an example of how damn good our record is right now let me remind everybody of this. We could lose the next 13 games in a row and we would still be above .500%. Chew on that for awhile.

Yes the upcoming schedule looks tough but I am now of the thought that the Clippers, Blazers, Jazz, Spurs, Thunder & yes even the good old Heat have a buzz saw coming at them. In other words while we can’t take any of them lightly believe me there is no way in hell they can over look us either, in fact I’ll go so far as to say none of them have faced a tougher opponent so far this season.

But let’s not get to ahead of ourselves, we have a game to review. Our victory over the Wizards is not to be overlooked at all. While they certainly are not the Heat they have been playing better and John Wall was just the Eastern Conference player of the week recently and had been on a 30 point scoring binge. Well that is until tonight.

Our total domination of the Wizards was so complete that honestly me talking about it is just almost a waste of time. In fact I’m tempted to just type out the lyrics to “what does the fox say” as it would make as much sense. But since I have some time to kill and I assume you don’t want to just see me type out Chacha-Chacha-Chacha-Chow and the like for the next few lines let’s actually jump into our first grades for the year shall we?

Before the grading I’ll let you vote on the hyperbole that should be the official hyperbole of the game.

Was the Pacer decimation of the Wizards?

A. Like Sherman marching through the South on his way to the Atlantic?
    B. Like the German Army blietzkrieging the Polish Army in WW2?
    C. Like the Bugs from Klendathu over running the Mobile Infantry in Starship Troopers?
    D. None of the above, why do you have to keep using these idiotic references

Also frankly it’s going to be hard to grade this because this was mostly a team effort and nobody really had an overall outstanding game, well outstanding in the fact that nobody went off for 30 or blocked 10 shots or the like.

Paul George: A+ You want efficient? How about shooting 10-19 from the field and 3-4 from behind the arc? About the only thing you might complain about is that he didn’t shoot a single foul shot but believe me after that debacle the other night with those refs. I’ll take a combined 23 free throws from both teams and walk home happy about it. Not only was he efficient from the field he was once again a buzz saw on defense. He not only got 4 steals he was largely responsible for hounding Wall whenever he would venture towards the lane, which would often end up in pull up jumpers. Well he was one half of the reason for this; we will get to the other half in a couple of players. Also not to be overlooked on that one handed behind the back pass that Lance did to C.J. Watson is the fact that Paul George began to strut up the court as though he were a pimp and the world was his ho.

David West: A Hard to justify an A when your stats are 8 points and 5 boards but what the hell. There just honestly wasn’t anything else for him to do so I’m giving him an accumulative A for doing what needed to be done. BTW, you know it’s never a surprise to me that the Bucks, Wizards and a few other teams never really advance themselves because unless they actually get the # 1 overall pick they just tend to not be very good at drafting. I mean why wasn’t someone fired for drafting Jan Vesely with the 6th pick in the first round? Oh well their stupidity is our gain, thank God they didn’t draft Kawhi Leonard and block us from getting Hill.

Roy Hibbert: A+ Again another hard to justify grade based on stats but remember when I said we would discuss the second half of the reason why John Wall resorted to pull up jump shots? Well say hello to the other half. He only blocked one shot but I can assure you that once again he made another team alter their entire offensive game because of the way he patrols the paint. Also never let it be ever under appreciated that we have a big man who actually can hit his free throws. 5-6 from the line may not seem like much but in the big scheme of things it is actually rather huge.

George Hill: A I like when he is aggressive on offense because that makes some of these other “elite” type point guards spend some energy on something other than trying to get out and score. What we learned from this game, well actually from the many games we’ve seen him play, is that while John Wall is a great offensive player “elite defense” and he are distant strangers. It’s just too bad George wasn’t able to hit his three point attempts because he could have really had a big game. Most of those were open good looks he just couldn’t get it to drop.

Lance Stephenson: A+ Do you ever wonder if Frank Vogel has a voodoo doll at home of Lance that he both chokes and builds an alter to on the same night? Either that or does he actually name his ulcer Lance? Lance honestly can give you the good the bad and the ugly all in a matter of min on the floor but at no point in time is it ever boring or mundane. In the post game show Mark Boyle actually said that Lance may very well be his favorite Pacer of all time because he entertains him. Hard to argue with Mark on that. Good or bad he usually does whatever he does in a grandiose fashion and he follows that good old Def Leopard motto of “it’s better to burn out than to fade away”. Needless to say he was actually closer to a triple double by way of turnovers than he was via points. 8 turnovers 7 points. So the good Lance were the unbelievable passes and hitting the glass, the bad Lance were the turnovers and a little bit of the showboating (although admittedly it was entertaining) now the ugly. I’m not going to dwell on this but I’ll just say that contrary to what he was saying after the game he certainly was upset that he was pulled from the game, in fact he started to walk up the vomitorium and I was very afraid he was going to walk out of the game. Thankfully after a few steps he turned around and went back to the bench, but for a second there I thought we were going to see an incident, thank God this guy is not Ron Artest stupid.

Luis Scola: A+ Yea I know he how does he get this over West? Well simple it’s my post and I just feel like it. Look there are a lot of reasons we are 15-1 but one of the big reasons is that when we now go to our bench we no longer have gaping holes of time where we don’t score or just fumble the ball around. This guy is good in fact he’s so good that I still believe that we are not at the best we can get from him yet. He’s still learning our plays and our players and oh yea we get a bonus. He’s much better defender than we were led to believe. He’s no rim protector but since he’s come here game after game after game he is just getting better at positional defense and he now seems to be getting a decent amount of deflections. In other words he is buying in. He also knows to run on offense, hence why he was where he was so Lance could hit him with that unearthly good pass.

C.J. Watson: A+ Again I know these grades are really skewed tonight but I’ll give you my reason here. He hit the shot. Had he missed that shot than what will become one of the highlights of the year and for years to come would just be a useless behind the back pass but since he hit it, it’s a highlight. Okay it’s weak, so sue me. Again it’s my post so Other than that he also was just solid and once again just like with Scola I no longer have to set a timer on my watch for when the bench comes in and begins to lose the lead.

Solomon Hill A- Rookie getting some floor time and for the most part taking advantage of it. I really like what Frank does with our young players. Late 1st quarter early 2nd quarter have always been good developmental times and Frank for the most part follows the script. Unlike his evil predecessor who would not give solid time to any young player unless he had to, Frank has been consistent about getting young players involved whenever he can. Solomon has shown a good nose for defense and rebounding. He does not have much if any game from inside the arc yet but I’m hoping they are working with him to develop that. I appreciate the spot up three but I want to see him be more well rounded as well.

Ian Mahinmi: A Solid effort overall. Was very proud of him for actually not dropping a ball tonight on the entry pass and even more proud of him for getting some offensive glass going 2-2 from the line. He really struggles though against Kevin Seraphin because of Seraphin’s bulk. He did this last year as well.

We might as well go ahead and talk about Frank’s decision to take out Lance and the fans demanding Lance to return.

Oddly it was the first time in my memory that our fan base has ever uttered an unkind thing towards Frank Vogel. I understand why they were unhappy as we all would have liked to see Lance get a triple double. However nobody wanted to see that triple double more than Lance, which was a problem. Once he got his double/double it became very apparent that he was going to do everything in his power to score, including going 1 on 5 a couple of times. To Franks credit he called a couple of sets for Lance so he could give it a go but when it wasn’t coming easily Lance began to force it and honestly that’s not what this team is about. We got the win and that is the big concern, had he never gotten a triple double before I think Frank would have set him for a few seconds and then let him go back in when he was more under control. In other words Frank was trying to teach him a lesson and to Lance’s credit once he calmed down I think he got it.

Frank Vogel is a hell of a coach.

In my life I never thought I would be talking about a 15-1 team, this is so beyond a dream that it’s unreal. Hell it’s so bad that at times I’m trying to think of our weaknesses just to figure out a way for a team to beat us. When it comes to that you know we’re cooking.

Off to the West Coast where we will now teach them a much needed lesson in defense and pain.

In honor of Lance being the live wire I present you Motley Crue.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: Odd Thought's: Waverly Wizards (or how I learned to stop worrying & love Lance's bombs)

The triumphant return of the mighty PECK!

Nicely written Odd Thoughts sir, thank you!
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Odd Thought's: Waverly Wizards (or how I learned to stop worrying & love Lance's bombs)

Whenever I miss the majority of a game because of work, I read the Odd Thoughts instead of watching the highlights. When I do watch the game, I still read OT. I know you took a little hiatus and I never want you to feel like you HAVE to do this, but I want to thank you because I really enjoy reading them.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

"Again it’s my post" This is the reason I enjoy your musings.

It is Christmas season and all is right with the world again. Thank you Peck. I really do enjoy your writing and I'm glad your back at it again.

Hoopsforlife
    Last edited by hoopsforlife; 11-30-2013 at 08:20 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoopsforlife For This Useful Post:

Love these. Biggest reason I frequent this forum.

You best damn I'll be here when the playoffs roll on, and a huge cheerleader at that.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidthecat For This Useful Post:

I appreciate being spoiled by Peck's writing. I do hope he's writing a book or maybe he has a blog. Anyway, Odd Thoughts is indeed one of the cornerstones of PD.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good stuff. If we were to roll victoriously through these next few games against the top tier, I honestly wouldn't know how to react...and for the first time, I'm starting to think it's possible.

To crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    Last edited by kester99; 11-30-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Over the course of history humanity has witnessed many glorious and awe inspiring events. The birth of civilization, the invention of paper, the discovery of electricity, the signing of the Magna Carta and the Renaissance.

All pale in comparison to the lead entry pass that Lance Stephenson threw to Luis Scola for his 10th assist. Both of the one handed assists will get all of the glory and air play and believe me on their own each was truly a sight to behold but Iím telling you that pass was so picture perfect that Magic Johnson jumped up out of his chair (wherever he was) and said ďhot damn what a passĒ.

God love Lance he is nothing if not a live wire.

Hang on folks were going on a ride because our Indiana Pacers are 15-1 and are the best team on the planet. Thatís right I said it and I donít care who hears it.

We can talk about strength of schedule we can talk about how weak the east is but at the end of the day we are going to go into that one old sports clichť that canít be overlooked. You are what your record sayís you are.

To give you an example of how damn good our record is right now let me remind everybody of this. We could lose the next 13 games in a row and we would still be above .500%. Chew on that for awhile.

Yes the upcoming schedule looks tough but I am now of the thought that the Clippers, Blazers, Jazz, Spurs, Thunder & yes even the good old Heat have a buzz saw coming at them. In other words while we canít take any of them lightly believe me there is no way in hell they can over look us either, in fact Iíll go so far as to say none of them have faced a tougher opponent so far this season.

But letís not get to ahead of ourselves, we have a game to review. Our victory over the Wizards is not to be overlooked at all. While they certainly are not the Heat they have been playing better and John Wall was just the Eastern Conference player of the week recently and had been on a 30 point scoring binge. Well that is until tonight.

Our total domination of the Wizards was so complete that honestly me talking about it is just almost a waste of time. In fact Iím tempted to just type out the lyrics to ďwhat does the fox sayĒ as it would make as much sense. But since I have some time to kill and I assume you donít want to just see me type out Chacha-Chacha-Chacha-Chow and the like for the next few lines letís actually jump into our first grades for the year shall we?

Before the grading Iíll let you vote on the hyperbole that should be the official hyperbole of the game.

Was the Pacer decimation of the Wizards?

A. Like Sherman marching through the South on his way to the Atlantic?
    B. Like the German Army blietzkrieging the Polish Army in WW2?
    C. Like the Bugs from Klendathu over running the Mobile Infantry in Starship Troopers?
    D. None of the above, why do you have to keep using these idiotic references

Also frankly itís going to be hard to grade this because this was mostly a team effort and nobody really had an overall outstanding game, well outstanding in the fact that nobody went off for 30 or blocked 10 shots or the like.

Paul George: A+ You want efficient? How about shooting 10-19 from the field and 3-4 from behind the arc? About the only thing you might complain about is that he didnít shoot a single foul shot but believe me after that debacle the other night with those refs. Iíll take a combined 23 free throws from both teams and walk home happy about it. Not only was he efficient from the field he was once again a buzz saw on defense. He not only got 4 steals he was largely responsible for hounding Wall whenever he would venture towards the lane, which would often end up in pull up jumpers. Well he was one half of the reason for this; we will get to the other half in a couple of players. Also not to be overlooked on that one handed behind the back pass that Lance did to C.J. Watson is the fact that Paul George began to strut up the court as though he were a pimp and the world was his ho.

David West: A Hard to justify an A when your stats are 8 points and 5 boards but what the hell. There just honestly wasnít anything else for him to do so Iím giving him an accumulative A for doing what needed to be done. BTW, you know itís never a surprise to me that the Bucks, Wizards and a few other teams never really advance themselves because unless they actually get the # 1 overall pick they just tend to not be very good at drafting. I mean why wasnít someone fired for drafting Jan Vesely with the 6th pick in the first round? Oh well their stupidity is our gain, thank God they didnít draft Kawhi Leonard and block us from getting Hill.

Roy Hibbert: A+ Again another hard to justify grade based on stats but remember when I said we would discuss the second half of the reason why John Wall resorted to pull up jump shots? Well say hello to the other half. He only blocked one shot but I can assure you that once again he made another team alter their entire offensive game because of the way he patrols the paint. Also never let it be ever under appreciated that we have a big man who actually can hit his free throws. 5-6 from the line may not seem like much but in the big scheme of things it is actually rather huge.

George Hill: A I like when he is aggressive on offense because that makes some of these other ďeliteĒ type point guards spend some energy on something other than trying to get out and score. What we learned from this game, well actually from the many games weíve seen him play, is that while John Wall is a great offensive player ďelite defenseĒ and he are distant strangers. Itís just too bad George wasnít able to hit his three point attempts because he could have really had a big game. Most of those were open good looks he just couldnít get it to drop.

Lance Stephenson: A+ Do you ever wonder if Frank Vogel has a voodoo doll at home of Lance that he both chokes and builds an alter to on the same night? Either that or does he actually name his ulcer Lance? Lance honestly can give you the good the bad and the ugly all in a matter of min on the floor but at no point in time is it ever boring or mundane. In the post game show Mark Boyle actually said that Lance may very well be his favorite Pacer of all time because he entertains him. Hard to argue with Mark on that. Good or bad he usually does whatever he does in a grandiose fashion and he follows that good old Def Leopard motto of ďitís better to burn out than to fade awayĒ. Needless to say he was actually closer to a triple double by way of turnovers than he was via points. 8 turnovers 7 points. So the good Lance were the unbelievable passes and hitting the glass, the bad Lance were the turnovers and a little bit of the showboating (although admittedly it was entertaining) now the ugly. Iím not going to dwell on this but Iíll just say that contrary to what he was saying after the game he certainly was upset that he was pulled from the game, in fact he started to walk up the vomitorium and I was very afraid he was going to walk out of the game. Thankfully after a few steps he turned around and went back to the bench, but for a second there I thought we were going to see an incident, thank God this guy is not Ron Artest stupid.

Luis Scola: A+ Yea I know he how does he get this over West? Well simple itís my post and I just feel like it. Look there are a lot of reasons we are 15-1 but one of the big reasons is that when we now go to our bench we no longer have gaping holes of time where we donít score or just fumble the ball around. This guy is good in fact heís so good that I still believe that we are not at the best we can get from him yet. Heís still learning our plays and our players and oh yea we get a bonus. Heís much better defender than we were led to believe. Heís no rim protector but since heís come here game after game after game he is just getting better at positional defense and he now seems to be getting a decent amount of deflections. In other words he is buying in. He also knows to run on offense, hence why he was where he was so Lance could hit him with that unearthly good pass.

C.J. Watson: A+ Again I know these grades are really skewed tonight but Iíll give you my reason here. He hit the shot. Had he missed that shot than what will become one of the highlights of the year and for years to come would just be a useless behind the back pass but since he hit it, itís a highlight. Okay itís weak, so sue me. Again itís my post so Other than that he also was just solid and once again just like with Scola I no longer have to set a timer on my watch for when the bench comes in and begins to lose the lead.

Solomon Hill A- Rookie getting some floor time and for the most part taking advantage of it. I really like what Frank does with our young players. Late 1st quarter early 2nd quarter have always been good developmental times and Frank for the most part follows the script. Unlike his evil predecessor who would not give solid time to any young player unless he had to, Frank has been consistent about getting young players involved whenever he can. Solomon has shown a good nose for defense and rebounding. He does not have much if any game from inside the arc yet but Iím hoping they are working with him to develop that. I appreciate the spot up three but I want to see him be more well rounded as well.

Ian Mahinmi: A Solid effort overall. Was very proud of him for actually not dropping a ball tonight on the entry pass and even more proud of him for getting some offensive glass going 2-2 from the line. He really struggles though against Kevin Seraphin because of Seraphinís bulk. He did this last year as well.

We might as well go ahead and talk about Frankís decision to take out Lance and the fans demanding Lance to return.

Oddly it was the first time in my memory that our fan base has ever uttered an unkind thing towards Frank Vogel. I understand why they were unhappy as we all would have liked to see Lance get a triple double. However nobody wanted to see that triple double more than Lance, which was a problem. Once he got his double/double it became very apparent that he was going to do everything in his power to score, including going 1 on 5 a couple of times. To Franks credit he called a couple of sets for Lance so he could give it a go but when it wasnít coming easily Lance began to force it and honestly thatís not what this team is about. We got the win and that is the big concern, had he never gotten a triple double before I think Frank would have set him for a few seconds and then let him go back in when he was more under control. In other words Frank was trying to teach him a lesson and to Lanceís credit once he calmed down I think he got it.

Frank Vogel is a hell of a coach.

In my life I never thought I would be talking about a 15-1 team, this is so beyond a dream that itís unreal. Hell itís so bad that at times Iím trying to think of our weaknesses just to figure out a way for a team to beat us. When it comes to that you know weíre cooking.

Off to the West Coast where we will now teach them a much needed lesson in defense and pain.

In honor of Lance being the live wire I present you Motley Crue.

In the post game Lance admitted it was the right thing to do, ie taking him out of the game. That is to his credit.
    And also the Pacers should give you a blog. Your odd thoughts are more enjoyable to read than anything in the Star. Well done sir.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post

To crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Nothing like a Conan the Barbarian quote. Haha..
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

The Pacers video crew let everyone know about the triple/double watch by posting a picture of Lance with the 5/10/10 underneath.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

So that is why the crowd was so into it. Hope you and your family had great fun at the game.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    The Pacers video crew let everyone know about the triple/double watch by posting a picture of Lance with the 5/10/10 underneath.
    Well, that's good information. While Lance needs to be a little more sober about it, them posting that stat is almost like a challenge for him, and a sense of letting the fans down if he didn't. (The "We want Lance" cheers testifying to this notion.) So the video crew served as a provocateur of sorts.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 11-30-2013 at 09:09 AM.

ďPeople talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but heís really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.Ē óLarry Brown

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

All pale in comparison to the lead entry pass that Lance Stephenson threw to Luis Scola for his 10th assist.
    This kind of stuff is where you get your bona fides.

ďPeople talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but heís really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.Ē óLarry Brown

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Paul George began to strut up the court as though he were a pimp and the world was his ho.
    I missed that. Maybe someone can post a clip.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    Good stuff. If we were to roll victoriously through these next few games against the top tier, I honestly wouldn't know how to react...and for the first time, I'm starting to think it's possible.

Ha! Brings back great memories of when I lived in Germany and watched this is German. Now it's a staple line between my father (who's German) and me: "... am greshrei der weiber!"
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

More, please.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I always hate missing the Thanksgiving Friday night game, but at least my cousin and her foster son got to see their first ever Pacer game.

I was looking forward to seeing some highlights on ESPN this morning during my workout, but what did I see? "HEAT wave in Toronto", the OKC-Thunder highlights, and what the Nets have to do not to suck so bad. *sigh*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I always hate missing the Thanksgiving Friday night game, but at least my cousin and her foster son got to see their first ever Pacer game.

I was looking forward to seeing some highlights on ESPN this morning during my workout, but what did I see? "HEAT wave in Toronto", the OKC-Thunder highlights, and what the Nets have to do not to suck so bad. *sigh*

What we all really need to do is to contact ESPN and to "tell ESPN what they need to do to not suck so bad". They have the best story in the entire NBA right in front of them and miss it night after night after night. You'd think they would choose to report on that story until at least the time that it was no longer the best story. What a bunch of misfits.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post

The ESPN Radar
    Pacers

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Peck: Please sir, may we have another????

C'mon Good Lance! You have what it takes to have victory over Bad Lance! We really need you Good Lance!!!!!!!

That is all.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

I’m not going to dwell on this but I’ll just say that contrary to what he was saying after the game he certainly was upset that he was pulled from the game, in fact he started to walk up the vomitorium and I was very afraid he was going to walk out of the game.
    It's ok if Lance was upset, he's right where he needs to be. Learning to control his emotions is a process and he's obviously making progress. He's at the point where he recognizes his issue without having to be told. That's a major step. The next step is to learn to suppress it in the first place. He'll get there.

And I loved the little dance Lance did in front of the Pacers bench after the behind the back pass to Paul. That little jump, foot kick thing he did twice. He's so much fun to watch when he's having fun.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Welcome back brother Peck!

I didn't catch sports center. I assume Lance earned POTD and maybe number two or three as well?

I am very proud of the squad. but I don't recall ever seeing anyone have to face the five best (other) teams in such a short stretch on their courts.
    It will be tuff.
    If we can go 4-2 then I think nobody will catch us thereafter. Especially if we can hang an L on the Spurs. 3-3 would be satisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I do hope he's writing a book
    Actually, this is a genius idea. With PD's posts still around to be seen, the sort of 'greatest hits' from each season since 2003-2004 could be assembled together and put into chapters or volumes. At the very least I could see it as a webpage/blog, but I really could see it being put in print and sold to Pacers fans at the Home Court gift shop and on pacersgear.com & Amazon. I think a lot of blue and gold fans would get a huge kick out of it, myself included.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    It's ok if Lance was upset, he's right where he needs to be. Learning to control his emotions is a process and he's obviously making progress. He's at the point where he recognizes his issue without having to be told. That's a major step. The next step is to learn to suppress it in the first place. He'll get there.

And I loved the little dance Lance did in front of the Pacers bench after the behind the back pass to Paul. That little jump, foot kick thing he did twice. He's so much fun to watch when he's having fun.
    Frank Vogel..is without a doubt..the best coach possible for Lance. You know he's the perfect amount of tough/nurturing.

He better stay a Pacers head coach for a long time, but he really would have been a heck of college coach. Young guys need this type of development far more than most pros do.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've noticed that just about every game, Scola gets at least 1 deflected steal from a player (usually a guard) that turns into a fast break basket.

I thought the same thing about that pass to Scola, I thought it was his best of the night because it was more natural and just a perfect pass. You're not seeing the behind the back, in the air pass vs the Heat or any time in the playoffs.

Good Lance makes this team almost unfair to play, Bad Lance gives some teams a chance.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post: