Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 11/22/13

Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 11/22/13

Man, Lance has come so far in the skills of postgame interviews. Still got a little ways to go, but it's light years from his rookie season.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/celti...n-postgame.nba
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, Lance has come so far in the skills of postgame interviews. Still got a little ways to go, but it's light years from his rookie season.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/celti...n-postgame.nba
    he's clearly been coached on his cliches. not that that's bad, much prefer that to what Lance is really thinking lol.

My favorite part of the game was listening to Tommy explain how Jeff Green "had Paul George's number" as PG was scoring his 27th point.

Tommy's partner said "He's got Paul George's area code, maybe."
    He kind of did in the first half, until the Pacers got Jeff Green to switch onto someone else.

Reggie MillerVerified account‏@ReggieMillerTNT

Pacers easily can make a case for MVP-George, DPOY-Hibbert, MIP-Stephenson, COY-Vogel.. Now that's balling and well rounded..

Wasn't sure where to put this. Who says Reggie doesn't give love to the Pacers?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    He kind of did in the first half, until the Pacers got Jeff Green to switch onto someone else.
    But they went back to Green in the second half, and he didn't slow PG down.

Which makes me think the first half was PG, not Jeff Green.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

In the third quarter, the Celtics had 9 turnovers and 8 points.

Enjoy your time at PD!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    All good players but not LeBron unfortunately.
    But Lebron ain't God fortunately.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

A solid outing from Ian, though not amazing. He could have led the bench in scoring but Scola just had to have the spotlight. Only two fouls (unacceptable), but 33% of the team's blocks and the leader in bench +/=. He's poised for a breakout against Philly tomorrow.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    It seems like he never misses at all. He's shooting about 55%. I think he might be one of the best backup big men in the NBA. His offense is incredible.
    The Scola upgrade over Tyler was enormous.
    LeWade are going down.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Does 72-10 really look so unrealistic at this moment?
    Yes.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    All good players but not LeBron unfortunately.
    I will take the Pacers Lebronlite and the rest of the team over Miami's team. But that is just me.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Well you are not Lebron so in reality does your opinion matter at all? I defer to him...stop your hero worship crap, we play defense rebound and have 5 guys on the floor who can score. As the SEALs say, "A TWIG WILLBREAK BUT A BUNDLE OF TWIGS IS STRONG"
    Individually, we are weak, like a single twig. But as a bundle, we form a mighty ******.

simpsons_******.jpg

17. The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Smooth For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    I should clarify that I think 72 wins is dramatically overly optimistic.
    Yeah, I think a nice, sane, realistic mark would be to beat the 2004 team's 61 win season. Anything over that is gravy.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 11-23-2013 at 09:51 AM.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Lance made one pass to Scola that he caught above his head in shooting position and shot it almost before he touched it. The Boston commentators were impressed. I think if there were .2 left on the clock it would have been legit.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The wins keep coming and the good feelings don't stop this season. I just had a thought I wanted to share.

Looking at the bigger picture, this team has to be one of the biggest turnarounds in fortune for a franchise in NBA history. Coming from a soul crushing collapse of the franchise after the brawl (the lowest point of any franchise ever?) and the subsequent cleansing and rebuilding period, all the way back up to the heights we currently soar at. Granted we still have some work to do to complete the arc, but what other great turnarounds are there to compare ours to? I'd have to imagine most involve a top draft pick to right the ship.

On second thought maybe I am just a spoiled sunshiner. The future is bright
    Last edited by Cancel_2002; 11-23-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This team is significantly better than last year's. That's scary.

Paul George was obviously a fantastic player last year, but he simply didn't have the ability to routinely take over games on the offensive end. Now he does. You started to see the ability in the Miami series and knew that he could be scary good this year with a summer of hard work. This guy is at the point where he can drop mid 20's with little effort at all, and can easily get into the 30's on any given night. The fact that we now have a player who can take over on offense like he did against NY the other night makes us a much more dangerous team. Most teams that advance deep in the playoffs have that special player who can take over on offense at the end of the game and will the team to victory. That's what Reggie was in the 90's, and that's what PG is turning into right now. You can tell that this guy worked his a** off to improve his offensive game over the summer. I just love when that mid range J is falling.

I love watching Lance's confidence grow with each game. He is such a great passer. Sure, he can still get a bit wild at times like against New York the other night, but this dude just dropped a triple double last night with only ONE turnover. That's incredible. Last year he understandably played somewhat passively on offense because it was his first year of big minutes and he didn't want to make mistakes. But his confidence has shot through the moon this year and I just love watching it. The chemistry between him and West/Scola is a beautiful thing. I love watching him dish it out to Scola for a wide open J that seems to be an automatic J.

Speaking of Scola, you just can't put into words how big it is to have a guy like that who can routinely score double figures off of the bench. The fact that we made it as far as we did last year without that sort of player is amazing. The addition of Scola was exactly what this team needed. You can tell that he gets more comfortable with each passing game. The chemistry with him and Lance is fantastic. Also, does anyone else notice how much this guy seems to smile? You can tell that he very much appreciates the fact that he is playing on an elite team that is competing for a championship.

We just have that "we're going to win and there is nothing you can do about it" swagger to us. We get our opponent's best shot every night, but teams simply aren't good enough to beat us. They might hang around for a while or even take the lead into the half, but we just wear everyone down in the second half. Vogel's halftime adjustments are spectacular and I love how we come out in the second half with suffocating defense.

This team could definitely make a run at 65 wins. They are that good.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cancel_2002 View Post
    The wins keep coming and the good feelings don't stop this season. I just had a thought I wanted to share.

Looking at the bigger picture, this team has to be one of the biggest turnarounds in fortune for a franchise in NBA history. Coming from a soul crushing collapse of the franchise after the brawl (the lowest point of any franchise ever?) and the subsequent cleansing and rebuilding period, all the way back up to the heights we currently soar at. Granted we still have some work to do to complete the arc, but what other great turnarounds are there to compare ours to? I'd have to imagine most involve a top draft pick to right the ship.

On second thought maybe I am just a spoiled sunshiner. The future is bright
    New Orleans Saints

25. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Last year he understandably played somewhat passively on offense because it was his first year of big minutes and he didn't want to make mistakes.
    I don't think he was passive last year. I think the coaching staff told him "This is your role as part of the starting 5. Do that well and we'll give you more." It's similar to the role Paul George had the year before, when Danny was the alpha.

Can't say enough about the coaching job Vogel is doing.

Enjoy your time at PD!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post

Wasn't sure where to put this. Who says Reggie doesn't give love to the Pacers?
    He forgot to mention Bird for Executive of the year and Scola for 6th man! This is truly a special team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scariest part is when Paul becomes polished in his offensive game, he's doing a lot of great things. But when he learns the 1-2 move and score aspect. (Like Kobe) I can't even imagine where his game is going to go.

Luis Scola is a really smart player. He sees the court like a point guard and knows exactly where to be. He has great instincts and anticipation on broken plays, not to mention that sweet soft stroke. There was a broken play or maybe it was off a rebound and Lance set him up perfect, but it was also because Scola knew the spot to be in to step into his shot. That would never have happened with Tyler.
    What a massive upgrade and luxury off the bench. Luis would be starting on almost every other team, we are just that deep. I love this team.

I don't think he was passive last year. I think the coaching staff told him "This is your role as part of the starting 5. Do that well and we'll give you more." It's similar to the role Paul George had the year before, when Danny was the alpha.

Can't say enough about the coaching job Vogel is doing.
    I agree that the coaching staff held him in check. They had to considering that he was a raw 22 year old who hadn't ever played heavy minutes. I'm just saying that he was very conscious of his opportunity last year and didn't want to mess it up. Now he has a lot more confidence in himself, which is no doubt in large part because of the coaching staff's increased confidence in him.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

We actually have two starting calibre PG's and Donald Sloan isn't bad. I don't know how we advanced with DJ and Tyler playing so many minutes.
    LeWade are going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I agree that the coaching staff held him in check. They had to considering that he was a raw 22 year old who hadn't ever played heavy minutes. I'm just saying that he was very conscious of his opportunity last year and didn't want to mess it up. Now he has a lot more confidence in himself, which is no doubt in large part because of the coaching staff's increased confidence in him.
    And some of that confidence (both his and the coaches') is because he fixed some pretty major holes in his game.

Consistently hitting that outside shot has opened up so much for him. Knowing when to pull back instead of charging in has made him so much more dangerous.

Enjoy your time at PD!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

And some of that confidence (both his and the coaches') is because he fixed some pretty major holes in his game.

Consistently hitting that outside shot has opened up so much for him. Knowing when to pull back instead of charging in has made him so much more dangerous.

Agreed. It's clear that he was working his a** off all summer.