Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 11/22/13

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Celtics Postgame Thread 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me, or does Luis Scola make EVERY midrange jumper he takes? I swear I don't remember seeing the last time he missed!
    Courtesy of NBA.com's Player Tracking:

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingC...ilters=GP*E*11

Scola is shooting 58.3% in catch and shoot plays (notice that those plays can also be elbow jumpers, they do not necessarily have to be top of the key). David West is shooting 71.9% in those plays. It's important to note that those stats have not incorporated our last game yet.

Before looking there I thought that Scola was shooting better than West in that play. I guess that I was wrong.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    So every team has to jump out to a lead from the get go except Miami?
    Where did I say that? My point is that other than Miami, few, if any, teams can afford to play possum in the first half and expect to win consistently.

I love watching this team and sadly I'm getting a little bit of enjoyment out of watching NY and NJ lose.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I love watching this team and sadly I'm getting a little bit of enjoyment out of watching NY and NJ lose.
    Why feel sad about getting some enjoyment out of the Knicks and Nets losing?

My first reactions will always be:

Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

PacersDigest, where complaints about how teams win are born.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    Is it just me, or does Luis Scola make EVERY midrange jumper he takes? I swear I don't remember seeing the last time he missed!
    dude needs to get it together from the left elbow

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Where did I say that? My point is that other than Miami, few, if any, teams can afford to play possum in the first half and expect to win consistently.
    Well, I think that's often true. But to this point, the 2014 Pacers seem to be demonstrating they are an exception to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Well, I think that's often true. But to this point, the 2014 Pacers seem to be demonstrating they are an exception to the rule.
    Because most teams try to do it through their offense. The Pacers ratchet it up defensively.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Well a sample size of 8 times out of 11 so far says we can.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    Have you taken a look around the East? We are one of four teams above .500. Unless there is a surprise mid-season conference re-allignment, we should probably get used to playing bad teams more nights than not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    We play 30 Western Conference games, and about half of those will be against good teams. We still play Miami 4 times, and teams performing poorly now in the East will pick it up (remember us last year). We won't win 72 games. Or 70. Or probably 67. We are going to lose games.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    We play 30 Western Conference games, and about half of those will be against good teams. We still play Miami 4 times, and teams performing poorly now in the East will pick it up (remember us last year). We won't win 72 games. Or 70. Or probably 67. We are going to lose games.
    I should clarify that I think 72 wins is dramatically overly optimistic. I was responding more to the sentiment I've begun noticing on a more national level that playing an easy schedule somehow diminishes what the Pacers are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just appreciate every game this team is playing so far. (well besides that Bulls game)

This is the best NBA Pacers team I've ever seen without question right now. Paul is so smooth I forget for periods of the time that he can just hit a couple shots in a row and stretch a lead out. Good Lance really is almost unfair to the other teams, the steals, the easy baskets, etc.

Normally going to a bench player, especially last year was oh crap here we go, today it's just well Scola will come in and splash just about every outside jumper and make the little plays. I swear almost every game he's stripped a player of the ball that's lead to an easy basket or foul.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm reading the Celtics game thread and I'm seeing comments along the following lines:

1) We will definitely lose (talking about the Celtics), they seem focused to get the #1 seed. Good for our tank.

2) A loss would be good for our tank and it would also help Indiana get HCA and knock off the Heat.

3) Paul George is soooo soo good, it's scary.

4) I really like Orlando Johnson, by the way.

5) When the Pacers turn up their D, we just cannot score.

6) Tommy Heinsohn keeps forget to mention the Pacers D. They are the best defensive team in the league.

7) Paul George is the best defensive SF in the league.

And I will quote the #8:

Why the hell is Faverani not playing? Dude plays great and is our only 7 footer yet we play just our PF's against the most dominant post big in the league!
    The emphasis is mine.

Seriously, that's why I love reading the game threads of opposing teams. Comments like these make me so damn proud

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm of the mind that teams are just game-planning for us to knock us off our game in the first half, and we make adjustments at half-time. Not entirely sure they're playing possum. It's all part of the chess match.

Besides, I'd rather have a team that starts slow and finishes strong than starts strong and fizzles.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Pacers won the exact same way last year, except they had to grind the entire way. This year, they have a superstar in PG that just offensively takes over and puts the mouse out of it's misery.

They just strangle their opponents. Crawford hitting tough shots in the first half is the only real offense the Celtics had.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

“I’m really proud of our guys’ effort, particularly in the second half, particularly in the third quarter, how we buckled down on the defensive end. Our starters, as a unit, have a gear defensively that they can reach that’s pretty special. They hit that in the third and took control of the game.” – Frank Vogel

“We don’t want to be down at halftime. I know that. But we know that they work the game, they grind and get a feel for the opponent, who’s going. Jordan Crawford didn’t miss a shot in the first half. A lot of them were well guarded shots, and our team just buckled down in the second half.” – Vogel

“Whatever the circumstances is in the first half, that’s the time for us to reevaluate what’s going on throughout the game. We watch film. We really are dialed in at film. We’re on each other. … We just came together as a unit and collectively come out and really pressure up.” – Paul George on their defense in the third quarter

“I just try to be very aggressive. I think it’s more my teammates hitting open shots. I just try to create for them and getting them in a position where they can hit that open shot that they like to shoot.” – Lance Stephenson

“We need to stop that. I think we need to come out and destroy teams early. We can’t rely on the second half to win the game. So, I don’t think that’s a good thing that we wait until the second half to get ready and win the game.” – Stephenson on falling behind early

I love every word of all this.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also, the Pacers season low for points is 89, I don't know what the low for other teams is, but if I had to guess, that's a very high floor number.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Also, the Pacers season low for points is 89, I don't know what the low for other teams is, but if I had to guess, that's a very high floor number.
    We have scored in the 90s in 8 of our 11 games. Interesting.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    dude needs to get it together from the left elbow

Or he can just not shoot it there. He's money every else other than that one spot on the floor.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Or he can just not shoot it there. He's money every else other than that one spot on the floor.
    I was kidding

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    “I’m really proud of our guys’ effort, particularly in the second half, particularly in the third quarter, how we buckled down on the defensive end. Our starters, as a unit, have a gear defensively that they can reach that’s pretty special. They hit that in the third and took control of the game.” – Frank Vogel

“We don’t want to be down at halftime. I know that. But we know that they work the game, they grind and get a feel for the opponent, who’s going. Jordan Crawford didn’t miss a shot in the first half. A lot of them were well guarded shots, and our team just buckled down in the second half.” – Vogel

“Whatever the circumstances is in the first half, that’s the time for us to reevaluate what’s going on throughout the game. We watch film. We really are dialed in at film. We’re on each other. … We just came together as a unit and collectively come out and really pressure up.” – Paul George on their defense in the third quarter

“I just try to be very aggressive. I think it’s more my teammates hitting open shots. I just try to create for them and getting them in a position where they can hit that open shot that they like to shoot.” – Lance Stephenson

“We need to stop that. I think we need to come out and destroy teams early. We can’t rely on the second half to win the game. So, I don’t think that’s a good thing that we wait until the second half to get ready and win the game.” – Stephenson on falling behind early

I love every word of all this.
    I'm glad that someone on the Pacers recognize this.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I was kidding
    You don't have to be kidding here...he's 1 for 3 from that spot. He should either do what you are saying ( take more practice shots there and get his shot going there ) or just don't take shots from that spot .

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Crawford hitting tough shots in the first half is the only real offense the Celtics had.
    Not just "tough" shots. If the Pacers and Celtics played a 7-game series, would Crawford go 9-for-9 again?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The last two games, Beno and Crawford had hands of God for awhile there in each game, luckily they slowed down enough towards the end of the game that the Pacers still won.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

My favorite part of the game was listening to Tommy explain how Jeff Green "had Paul George's number" as PG was scoring his 27th point.

Tommy's partner said "He's got Paul George's area code, maybe."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post: