Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34

Thread: Let's be realistic here

  1. #26
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Let's be realistic here

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then why is he getting a MAX contract?

    -Bball

    Well because without J.O the team is a 30 win team. Well below .500

    .500 is not the worst record a team can have

  2. #27

    Default Re: Let's be realistic here

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then why is he getting a MAX contract?

    -Bball
    When you think about it, most teams with a max contract player would play .500 ball without two of their better players.

    Take away Parker and Ginobili and I'm sure the Spurs play .500 ball.

    Hell, the T-Wolves are playing .500 ball with a healthy team despite KG's efforts.

    Max contract players can't do it by themselves.

  3. #28
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Let's be realistic here

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    We should all be dancing in the streets that Jack is coming back for the next game.




    And to everything else you said!

  4. #29
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,864

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's be realistic here

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    And to everything else you said!
    To everything I have ever said?

  5. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,259

    Default Re: Let's be realistic here

    I don't if we only win 41 in the regular season, as long as we're +50% in all our playoff series!

  6. #31
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,099

    Default Re: Let's be realistic here

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well because without J.O the team is a 30 win team. Well below .500

    .500 is not the worst record a team can have
    Settle down... I was just being a contrarian

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  7. #32
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Let's be realistic here

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Settle down... I was just being a contrarian

    -Bball


    So was I

  8. #33
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Let's be realistic here

    Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you think about it, most teams with a max contract player would play .500 ball without two of their better players.

    Take away Parker and Ginobili and I'm sure the Spurs play .500 ball.

    Hell, the T-Wolves are playing .500 ball with a healthy team despite KG's efforts.

    Max contract players can't do it by themselves.
    First of all, the Spurs aren't "most teams." Saying "the Spurs could do it" doesn't mean that "most teams with a max player" could do it. There's a lot of max players that don't go to the playoffs.

    But I disagree... I don't think the Spurs are a .500 team without those two. And I'd like to point out that since JO got back, we've been above a .500 team.

  9. #34
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Let's be realistic here

    The Spurs could go .500 without those two.

    Duncan would carry a much bigger load however. Along with Barry/Beno.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •