Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Miller's favorite NBA player is Derrick Rose

Hybrid View

Default Reggie Miller's favorite NBA player is Derrick Rose

As I'm watching TNT's Bulls vs. Nuggets NBA telecast Reggie just stated that Derrick Rose is his favorite NBA Player. Here are his exact words and I quote:

"I love Derrick Rose he's my favorite player in the NBA, but they are not winning a championship if he doesn't improve his shooting and his overall play. He's the one guy I would pay money to actually go see. I've said that for years I just love his demeanor and how he approaches the game."

I'm not trying to create a big stir about this because I know he's entitled to have his favorite player, but as you know the Bulls are one of our biggest rivals. I'm wondering your thoughts on this matter. Just for fun.

Hasn't Reggie seen enough to make PG's his favorite player?

Wouldn't be healthful for the Pacers to have Reggie, our biggest ambassador, campaigning PG as his new favorite player.

Isn't PG's latest haircut a good way to pay homage to Reggie and create a big bond of mutual admiration between the past and the future of this franchise?

Feel free to comment

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Reggie Miller's favorite NBA player is Derrick Rose

Reggie can say whatever he wants. He is my favorite all-time Pacer (though Paul George is quickly gaining) but he doesn't have to suck up to the Pacers if he doesn't want to.

Reggie has given tons of praise to the Pacers the last couple years, and to Paul, if he was just gushing over him every second, I would find it annoying, just like when LeBron or Durant or Rose get that attention. I want the national broadcasts to be NEUTRAL, both teams get praise, criticism, and fair analysis of the game. If we want Pacer biased TV there's always the FSI broadcast for that.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I heard that comment too and it took me a bit by surprise, and I did not like hearing it, but in the NBA flashy super athletic players and plays are what get fans the most excited (see Blake Griffin). Until the beginning of this year PG was just not a guy that was offensively going to blow you away, even with his great start his game still isn't highlight type material his offense is much more smooth and methodical than explosive play after explosive play. His comment obviously is no disrespect to Paul George he has been an avid supporter of Paul George and of the current Pacer team during his telecasts so I wouldn't read too much into it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

God love him, but Reggie's an idiot. Has nothing to do with him apparently liking Rose, couldn't care less how much he likes PG or Roy or whomever. But if he weren't Reggie Miller he'd be laughed at in a broadcaster interview.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Well he has been high on the Pacers for the last couple of years especially on PG, so I think Pacers fans need not to read too much into his comments.

I do get why he likes DRose. I mean, when DRose was healthy he's really exciting to watch as he's really athletic and he's really all-out on the court. Fans do like to see him when he displays those explosive drives and dunks. Of course off the court is a bit of a different story, but on court when healthy he is as watchable as the likes of Kobe, Durant, LeBron, Westbrook, etc. And of course it's a Bulls game so more or less he'll make comments about the superstars on that game (well it's only DRose).

Maybe if PG gets a little more exposure maybe we can see more following of him as he displays his skills as an exciting basketball player (like that chase down block against Shumpert and the dunk that posterized Birdman). I wouldn't be surprised if he covers a Pacers game and he would praise PG during the commentaries.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I bet he has said the same about LeBron, Durant, Blake Griffin and so on. Announcers says **** like that all the time

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When Reggie first started broadcasting, he made it a point to separate himself from the Pacers, this is nothing new. I wouldn't say he doesn't want to be associated with the Pacers, but he doesn't want to be looked at as a homer either.

This is not surprising at all. Reggie works hard not to sound like a Pacers homer. Despite his efforts, still, at times he sounds like the biggest homer.

And that's the last thing people want to hear. It's fine if on his off time, or in a less serious light Reggie talks about the Pacers and enjoys their success, but anytime he's in any national broadcast frankly it'll rub nearly EVERYONE the wrong way if he sounds like a fan.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Agreed, Reggie has gone out of his way to not be a Pacers homer, to the point that it almost feels like trolling, at this point.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eindar For This Useful Post:

I have no problem with Reggie's favorite player not being a Pacer, but I do have to question his judgement with Rose.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wouldn't be healthful for the Pacers to have Reggie, our biggest ambassador, campaigning PG as his new favorite player.
    How could that be healthful. Reggie is not with the organization anymore, so I don't consider him an ambassador.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

This could just be denial talking but I am almost positive i've heard him say the same thing about whoever it is he's watching that particular night and I'm thinking one time i've heard him say it about Stephen Curry, and Russel Westbrook another time.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This could just be denial talking but I am almost positive i've heard him say the same thing about whoever it is he's watching that particular night and I'm thinking one time i've heard him say it about Stephen Curry, and Russel Westbrook another time.
    You would think it would be the player most similar to him, i.e. Steph Curry.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.ThunderMakeR For This Useful Post:

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

"You were my hero Reggie! Why'd you have to say that? You come out with stink like that."

[Starts to cry]

"Poop. You poop mouth, with poop out of your mouth!"

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post

"You were my hero Reggie! Why'd you have to say that? You come out with stink like that."

[Starts to cry]

"Poop. You poop mouth, with poop out of your mouth!"
    It's​ Miller Time?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He has the right to say that Rose is his favorite player. It's not like he's saying Rose is the best player in the NBA.
    "We want Miami"

Sports Logo

I do think he tries not to sound like a Pacer homer and he is not employed by the Pacers he is employed by TNT/ABC/(ESPN?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I do think he tries not to sound like a Pacer homer and he is not employed by the Pacers he is employed by TNT/ABC/(ESPN?)
    Just Turner.
    @qandrews9428

He couched a criticism (he needs to improve shooting) inside two compliments. Compliment sandwich. I wouldn't take his statement too seriously. So he wouldn't "pay to see" Lebron or Durant? He was just tossing cliches out willy nilly. That said if he likes Derrick Rose's game, more power to him. We have homer glasses on but let's not act like he isn't a great player.

Mood

Reggie is no longer, and will never again be, a paid Pacer representative. He has no obligation to say anything positive about IND.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    Reggie is no longer, and will never again be, a paid Pacer representative. He has no obligation to say anything positive about IND.
    Don't be so sure...
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Paul George will never forget this...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

Reggie is terrible at his current job. God love him but the man comes off like a complete imbecile on TV. Even this quote last night it sounded like he was starting to criticize Rose went a little too hard on how bad he was playing and so he over corrected and ended up saying Rose was his favorite player in the NBA.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

Eww...
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

Where was Reggie last year before game 7. He didn't bother to show to the locker room and give a rah rah to fire the team up. But shows up to Mark Jackson's locker room after they win their first playoff series.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.