Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy advice thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Fantasy advice thread

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the link. Used it to look at Zac Stacy vs Gio Bernard for my 2nd RB & Crabtree vs. Steve Johnson for my 3rd WR

Did you notice that on the left side of the screen, you can choose between standard scoring and PPR? Stacy is favored over Bernard by a 72% to 28% margin in standard scoring leagues. However, in a PPR format, that flips drastically to 59% for Bernard in comparison to 41% for Stacy since Bernard is heavily utilized in Cincy's passing game.

Looks like J Thomas is back this weekend so I'll slide him back into the starting lineup.

I have Carson Palmer over Luck right now but there are some FA names available right now that I might switch to...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I'm rolling with Alex Smith. And I dropped Luck entirely

That makes my team for the weekend (barring any changes):
    Chiefs TQB

RB Alfred Morris, Wsh RB

RB Ryan Mathews, SD RB

RB/WR Riley Cooper, Phi WR

WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR P [Breaking News]

WR Kendall Wright, Ten WR P [Breaking News]

WR/TE Julius Thomas, Den TE P [Breaking News]

D/ST Saints D/ST D/ST

K Blair Walsh, Min K

I'm iffy on Mathews and my defense this weekend though... Not that I'm sold on some other positions but Mathews always scares me and I don't like the NO D matchup.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Since everyone is negative on Luck and his bad match-up this week, watch him throw 2 TD's and run another one in. That's just how fantasy seems to work.

But yeah, I'd start Palmer over Luck. Palmer has been a very good fantasy option the last few weeks and is indoors against the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Did you notice that on the left side of the screen, you can choose between standard scoring and PPR? Stacy is favored over Bernard by a 72% to 28% margin in standard scoring leagues. However, in a PPR format, that flips drastically to 59% for Bernard in comparison to 41% for Stacy since Bernard is heavily utilized in Cincy's passing game.
    Yep. I caught that. We are a non-PPR league.

Still a little uneasy about playing Stacy as he is a 3-yards and a cloud of dust type back and Arizona's rush defense is so good. I really believe Gio will do some damage against the Colt linebackers on 3rd and long and in the passing game. Ultimately for me though it comes down to TD's and Stacy will get the goal line carries whereas Gio likely will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Since everyone is negative on Luck and his bad match-up this week, watch him throw 2 TD's and run another one in. That's just how fantasy seems to work.
    Or watch him throw 4 touchdowns for 326 yards. Yep, that's just how fantasy works.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have Rodgers, Luck, and EJ Manuel. Only 2 slots. Debating if I should sit Luck this week (assuming GB clears Rodgers).....

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    I have Rodgers, Luck, and EJ Manuel. Only 2 slots. Debating if I should sit Luck this week (assuming GB clears Rodgers).....

Rodgers if he plays. Even if he has some rust, he should still carve up that miserable Cowboys defense indoors.

If Rodgers doesn't play, then definitely play Luck.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Is anyone else playing T.Y. Hilton with their season on the line? This has to be the game that T.Y. breaks out of his slump, right? RIGHT?!?!

- He's playing indoors.

- His opponent is a Texans team who he killed for 3 touchdowns in early November.

- The explosions from Rodgers and Brazil last week mean that defenses can't put all of their efforts into stopping T.Y.

If T.Y. can't rebound with a good fantasy game this week, then I will have officially lost hope. I'm hoping for a Decker-like revival.

I have him playing over Michael Floyd this week.

Hope I dont regret that decision

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

I need Peyton and Decker to have big nights tonight. Over the last year, I've seen a lot of offenses look sloppy on Thursday Night because of the short preparation, even the great ones. I'm going to be really pissed at Greedell if that's the case tonight.

Defensive advice: Buffalo (@ Jax) or Philly (@ Min)?

Thanks.

I used Sollozo's site to pick my QB last weekend...
    I went with their top pick of my 3 choices.
    So those 3 QB's that they had as 1, 2 and 3 turned out to be absolutely backwards to their production. I guess they had #2 right... lol... but that was still a 20 point deficit to #1....

And so goes my season spiral down the toilet!

Venting... whining... Here's the thing. It's just been one of those kind of seasons for me. I've not scored badly even though I've had to plug a lot of holes. But I have like the 2nd highest 'points against' in our league (1 more point scored against me than I've scored myself... Yet I'm 4th in the league in scoring.). I've had a combination of everyone's best shot, plus inconsistent scoring in my lineup meaning that I've rarely been able to weather the storm with an opponent getting crazy numbers against me.

If I would've stayed with Luck I would still have a shot of winning this round in the consolation bracket but now I'm in so much of a hole it would take a miracle to make up the deficit this weekend. And my biggest gun (Megatron) was playing in the Snow Bowl so I needed all the points I could get. Cooper was there too and at least he got me 9 points. Morris has been a season long disappointment and Sunday was no different.

At this point I don't think I need advice... just sympathy and a beer!

I guess I'll go back with Luck and my regular lineup and ride them

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So my season is over in my league. Such a horrible defense of a championship. The NFL has the Super Bowl loser curse well my league has the Super Bowl Champ curse. No team who has won the title has made the playoffs the next season.

We are allowed to keep three players and right now two of the keepers are Peyton and Megatron.

I have the following people to consider:

Antonio Brown
    Alfred Morris
    Andre Ellington
    Michael Floyd
    Dwayne Bowe
    Steven Jackson

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

For the second straight year, I had the best record, number 1 seed, and a bye. For the second straight year, I flamed out in the Final Four round coming out of the bye. Ugh, why do I get sucked into this frustrating crap every year? 12-1 season, yet can't even win a playoff game. I'm like the 05 Colts.

Thanks Peyton and Decker for giving me unacceptably weak performances last week. Thanks Vereen for doing absolutely nothing. Thanks Colts for ignoring T.Y. in the second half. Thanks Philly Defense for making Cassell-Jennings look like 07 Brady-Moss after playing very solid defense for a month or so. Lynch, Murray, and Tony Gonzalez gave me great performances, but the rest of my team just didn't do much.

The most irritating part about this is that I know Peyton will throw like 5 TD's in Houston this week with like 2 of them going to Decker, and that I will put up a million points while playing in the third place game.

Meh, I know it's just freaking fantasy football, but that's what this thread is for.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Made it to the superbowl.

Just picked up Cousins. Risky move, but I had a feeling last night Rogers was a no go.

I am predicted to lose by 35+, but last time we played I was projected to lose 200-120 and I won by .01 of a point (The Gronk non PI call literally saved me)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Any udpate on TY Hilton?

Last week, my Peyton-Decker combo combined for 26 points, which played a huge factor in me losing.

This week, they are combining for 70 points in my third place consolation game. I should easily score the most points in the league this week.

God fantasy football pisses me off. If I only I could have pulled out a w last week.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Pulled out the win in our Championship game, 135.20 - 121.30. Luck did not have a great game, but he did good enough (same for Cousins).

Did not realize it, but I get a trophy with this win. Cool stuff