Thread: Von Miller out for season with torn ACL

Default Von Miller out for season with torn ACL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fers-torn-acl/

Von Miller suffers torn ACL

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 23, 2013, 12:43 PM EST
    Cardinals Broncos Football
    AP
    In a devastating piece of injury news for the team that’s favored to reach the Super Bowl out of the AFC, Broncos linebacker Von Miller has been lost for the season with a torn ACL.

Miller left the field during Sunday’s game against the Texans after coming down awkwardly on what appeared to be a fairly routine and ordinary block. Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that testing today showed a torn ACL.

That’s obviously a season-ending injury for Miller, so the Broncos will embark on their playoff run without him. Miller wasn’t as big a part of the Broncos this season as he has been in the past because he was suspended for the first six games of 2013, but he’s still the most talented player on Denver’s defense, and he will be sorely missed in the postseason.

Now if the Broncos are going to win the Super Bowl, they’re going to have to rely even more heavily on Peyton Manning and the offense. An already shaky Denver defense has just been dealt a major blow.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Von Miller out for season with torn ACL

I dunno, I don't really favor Denver. Even before the injury. Irsay is right about the Star Wars numbers. I just don't see them with a deep playoff run with the style of ball they play.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

I don't think Denver is going anywhere either I picked the Chargers to win the AFC(yes I know they aren't even in the picture yet) but I still picked them.

Regardless the Star Wars #s was Irsay dissing Peyton for all the stats he put up but we only got one ring out of it.

Wasn't really about Denver.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

But it's sort of the same thing. I knew what Irsay was gettin at. It's awesome to watch Peyton against regular season defenses, but it's just wayy harder to pull that stuff off in the playoffs, it's why he has the post-season record that he does. Love him and all... but it's the truth. It's sort of misleading, because every year, his offenses fool everyone into thinking they're a contender during the regular season. There's not much of a difference between the Denver offense now and Peyton's offense in Indy. The one year Peyton got a ring was the one year he went completely away from the Star Wars offenses. I'd never seen him hand it off so much, or do little dunk-dunk passes in the flat than that year.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-23-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

He does the dink and dunk thing now for the most part I mean he really doesn't throw that many bombs out there like he did here he's not the same player but yeah overall I agree potent pass offenses fade away in the postseason.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

I'd pick Cincinnati from the AFC. Most healthy talent by a lot, most balanced, even knowing the inconsistency of Dalton

well, inconsistency of the whole team, really. Bizarre that they are not 13-3, as well as they play sometimes, including yesterday
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 12-23-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Every AFC division winner has lost a top 3 player for their team. The Broncos lost Miller, the Pats lost Wilfork, the Bengals lost Atkins, and the Colts lost Reggie.

There isn't a favorite in the AFC. Besides the Chiefs and potentially the Phins and Steelers, every AFC team has an equal opportunity to get to the Super Bowl.

If there was a award for Least Improved Player, Miller would win in a landslide.

I'm picking the Colts to come out of the AFC. Thats right!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dont see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm picking the Colts to come out of the AFC. Thats right!
    Well the AFC is weak enough for that to happen however past history would show that it probably won't only because for some odd reason every Colts Super Bowl appearance takes place in Miami

SB 3- Miami
    SB 5- Miami
    SB 41- Miami
    SB 44- Miami

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Well the AFC is weak enough for that to happen however past history would show that it probably won't only because for some odd reason every Colts Super Bowl appearance takes place in Miami

SB 3- Miami
    SB 5- Miami
    SB 41- Miami
    SB 44- Miami
    Pure coincidence and nothing more. Not totally surprising considering 10 of the 47 Super Bowls have been played in Miami.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

And 4 of those 10 involved the Colts.

Just rather odd no? When does Miami host the SB again because the Colts could just be penciled in that season.

Just rather odd no? When does Miami host the SB again because the Colts could just be penciled in that season.
    We are going to have to break that streak this season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They don't have one scheduled yet. I guess the earliest they can host one is 2019. You would think that they would get another one soon since Miami is the perfect Super Bowl city, but they did have 2 out of 4 recently.

2014 - New Jersey
    2015 - Arizona
    2016 - Santa Clara (new 9ers stadium)
    2017 - Houston
    2018 - New Orleans/Minnesota/Indianapolis (I think Minnesota will get it since the NFL is clearly rewarding teams who build new stadiums)

By the time Miami has another one, it will have been around 10 years since the Colts-Saints game down there.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-24-2013 at 12:37 PM.

I rather have it be Minnesota I mean when Indy had it the 2011 season went bust.

Miami won't get another Super Bowl until they have massive renovations at their dump of a stadium. Goodell said so. Bummer for fans traveling because Miami is awesome, way better than Houston or Tampa.

Mood

I hate to see any player go down with a devastating injury like that. Even though they might be on different teams, I hate to see any player end their season on the IR. Look at us, we have 15 players on IR. If all of the running backs we have lost and the ones that are playing now get invites to next years training camp it will be one of the most interesting position for battles for roster spots. When I tore my ACL in the military they told me that I did not need surgery and I had to wear a brace. I did rehab for six hard months but it has never been the same since.