Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread

Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weren't we like 4-7 at this point last year? Hard to not be psyched.
    Yep with our 11th game against New York, except this was a 12 point loss.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Message that I received from a Knicks fan on Youtube:

lol
    so ur one of those dickriding pacer fans eh?

lmfao at you thinkin paul George is "def." better than melo

gtfo here you ******.

pg is an inefficient chucker (worse than even melo really) is an inferior rebounder, and his "playmaking" game is so overrated.

he's a good but overrated defender.

it's extremely close between the two. pg can't just take over an entire game like melo can.

and melo's d is actually UNDERRATED at this point. and I don't even like melo really one bit...

paul George is a homeless man's pippen. scratch that, a dead man's pippen.

asshurt ****** *** homer lol

sorry kid but yea

n I even LIKE pg.
    He presents a convincing argument. Especially considering he hates Melo and loves PG.

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Message that I received from a Knicks fan on Youtube:

He presents a convincing argument. Especially considering he hates Melo and loves PG.
    Interesting read, I would like to subscribe to his newsletter.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cramerica View Post
    I don't get this. The game was in New York. They always put the location of where the story was at the very beginning. They actually started the article with Pacers material.
    read closer

Hibbert has got to get more looks down low.

We survived.

Maybe Hill is just anti-education.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherokee For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Glad we won but we are going to have to eventually deal with these bad first halves.....being down 9 out of 10 first halves would make you think we are a 2-8 team, but we are an amazing 2nd half team. However, against better opponents these slow starts are going to end up hurting us. We can't be playing behind the 8 ball every night. We need to address this issue before it starts costing us Ws.
    Last edited by VideoVandal; 11-21-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Sports Logo

I was at the Warriors game and had to avoid every scoreboard so that I didn't find out the score of the game.

I finally watched the ESPN Replay of the game.

My first reaction....and what I am sure has been discussed before...is that GH is a horrible FT shooter at the end of the games.

My second reaction ( more of a question ) .....why didn't Hibbert take that many shots on the offensive end in the 2nd half?
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-21-2013 at 04:38 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Hibbert has got to get more looks down low.
    We just do not have an effective post passer. If we did Roy would have 8-10 points per game more and the opponents would be in constant foul trouble.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solid View Post
    We just do not have an effective post passer. If we did Roy would have 8-10 points per game more and the opponents would be in constant foul trouble.
    that's one of the most frustrating things to me about this team, and Roy works hard to get position down there too. Credit Roy for not getting discouraged and continuing to make himself available throughout the games but it has got to be frustrating knowing you have the matchup and likely won't be seeing the ball all that often. The second most frustrating thing is Roy's inability to just finish around the rim whenever he does get it in decent position so the two i'm sure are at least a little related but still I'll take Roy with a chance at the rim over a midrange pull up jumper in traffic.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    NEW YORK -- Paul George made three throws . . .

I think it was George Hill who made three throws.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 11-21-2013 at 07:57 AM.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

17. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=15th parallel;1738844]

Our guys need to work on their FTs. /QUOTE]

Nothing different than last year. The Pacers FT shooting just frustrates the carp out of me at times.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    My first reaction....and what I am sure has been discussed before...is that GH is a horrible FT shooter at the end of the games.

?

That is not true. I remember that issue was discussed late last seaosn and someone pulled the stats and his average was almost identical to his normal ft %. This year it is too early to be statically meaninful. But I would have him at the line after PG and West late in games. I think Hill is clutch. he's hit a lot of huge late game FT's over the years.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

The only problem with Hill is he should hit more free throws in general. It's not a "clutch" vs un"clutch" bullhockey. It's just being consistent and hitting 86, or 87% of your free throws, or three throws. Whatever you wanna call them.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

23. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Couple of things:
    1. Joey Crawford is a turd. He calls fouls that don't even happen, he called Lance for a foul on Melo when he was pressuring him on the Pacers base line after a rebound. Lance got up into him and Melo started swing his elbows high and Lance gets called for the foul even though he never touched him. Its not a foul, I can't believe that guy is allowed to make it up as he goes along. Lance could have easily been pressuring to try and force an 8sec violation. It makes no sense, and the TV crew on FSI couldn't even really explain it.

Say what you will about Joey and sure he made a few bad calls. but he made the most important call of the night when PG was fouled on the game tying three. Sure it was a foul, but on the road at the end of a game like that, some refs might not have called it. But Joey will call anything anywhere at anytime.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Honestly, if I were Mike Woodson, I would have fouled George Hill away from the ball and made him shoot FT's over letting PG get off a shot and end up fouling him instead. I think some team recently did that to the Rockets, kept fouling Howard away from the ball to force him to shoot FT's and extended the game and eventually won it.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Say what you will about Joey and sure he made a few bad calls. but he made the most important call of the night when PG was fouled on the game tying three. Sure it was a foul, but on the road at the end of a game like that, some refs might not have called it. But Joey will call anything anywhere at anytime.
    What was that big-time offensive foul he called in our favor last year where he even incorporated a dance routine?
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Joey makes it up as he goes along. I've not no problem with calling a foul if it actually occures, every ref should do that. He calls fouls when none occur. The best Quinn Buckner could do last night was say that Joey was trying to keep something from escalating and thats why he called the foul on Lance under the basket.

Vogel needs to take one for the team and stick up for his guys and take the ejection when the officials are blowing the calls like they have been.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 11-21-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Great win, way to fight back against a very desperate team.

Officials suck butt and they need to stop picking on Lance. Did you see the fits Melo, Smith and Shumphert was throwing around at the refs and nothing happened. Lance said, done what?

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

I really hope we can move beyond the officials, afterall it seems to me the Pacers have received more than their fair share of calls this season. if you believe the better teams get the calls, the pacers are clearly one of the better teams. Also Roy gets a lot of benefits of the doubt calls in his favor, he really does. PG is starting to get his fair share also.

I think to suggest the pacers have not gottten on balance a favorable whistle this season to date, is IMO just wrong

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

The Pacers definitely have a lot of calls going there way. The idea that there would be some conspiracy against them is insane. I just don't see it.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Promise I'm not trying to be overly critical with my assessment here, it's just boring the rehash the "Paul George is good" sentiment that's been echoed across three pages here:

1. Paul George is good.

2. But seriously, as well as Paul George played, especially when he engaged the kill switch, there is still room for improvement. I didn't think it was a particularly strong game on the boards for him, or in the post...mostly because Melo is just stronger, but there were definitely a goodly amount of moments where he allowed himself to be moved versus being forced out of a spot. For 3 quarters, my sentiment was largely "Paul George needs to play tougher", both on the glass and in the defensive post. He rounds out that part of his game? Unstoppable. That said, I don't know that you change something like strength or body type on a whim, overnight, or anything like that, so it may just have to be something we concede as PG24 figures out how to compensate for certain strength mismatches.

3. Didn't understand, at all, why the team shied away from Hibbert on offense, other than the fact he wasn't on the court for a good stretch. That's a mismatch I take every time. Worst case, he's shooting free throws. Just seems this team tends to fall in love with the jump shot sometimes, and if it sees one big coming up short (David West last night), it avoids the paint altogether (until PG24 started essentially driving for the win).

4. Eh, David West is gonna have nights like those. I think he left some on the court, last night, particularly on the boards, but you're not gonna win 'em all. Weird thing with West is I'd almost rather see him take a midrange jumper than anything within 5' of the rim, as he's been woeful close to the rim this year and dating back to the Heat series really. Look, he's still, in my book, a top-flight PF, and he's a rock you lean on. But there's no denying he's missed his share of easy looks for a while now.

5. A lot of people will be really upset with George Hill's game. I didn't think it was great. But I think, the more I watch CJ Watson, the more I understand how absurd it is to want anyone but Hill starting.

6. Speaking of Watson—can Reserve Watson channel Starter Watson? Please? If last night was just an off game for some, it's been largely an off season so far for Watson, unless he has been starting, but the sample size there is ridiculously small, to the point of being irrelevant. He's played some OK defense at time, but I expect more from him.

7. My biggest problem with Lance Stephenson, honestly, is never going to be the wild shots or offensive rollercoaster. You're just going to get that. That's just Lance. Hell, you're going to get wild drives and circus shots in a Good Lance game. Either you concede that and take the good that outweighs the bad, or you don't. My problem with Lance on the season has been his lack of attention paid, particularly on the defensive end. I look at a guy like Scola, and I know he's getting beat because he lacks ability, not because he's not paying attention. But I look at a guy like Lance, with all the ability in the world, and too often he's falling asleep on backdoor cuts, getting stuck under screens, not finishing his end of the defensive rotation, not boxing out, not sealing off his man on a tip, etc.

Lance just does dumb things. I think he does more good things than dumb things, but it's hard to argue that he doesn't pick up dumb fouls, dumb techs and generally cost the Pacers at least a few points each game. I don't doubt that he's matured, because I remember what Lance was like three years ago, and that's evidence enough. But because he's maturING does not mean he is mature, and it's worth keeping that in mind. He'll have games where playground ball works and he's a runaway freight train that can't be stopped. And then he'll have games where he seemingly does everything in his power to keep the other team in the game, or spot them a lead.

8. Interesting to see Copeland earning a spot in the rotation. Struck me as an experiment of sorts. Honestly, I thought he did fine. Played some good D on Melo, though you would NEVER want to keep him matched up there. Not his best shooting night, but in that unit, I'd much rather see Copeland shooting a three than CJ Watson shooting an anything, or Bad Lance doing something, etc. In other words, shots didn't fall, but they were often the best option the team had on that possession, so I have no real problems with them.

9. I've been a huge Ian Mahinmi supporter to begin the season, but the last 2 games have left me wanting. I'm never going to expect anything from Mahinmi at the offensive end, which is fine, but I haven't been impressed with his rim defense or rebounding in the last 2 games either, and those are the two things he should really excel at if conceding an offensive game.

10. So for all my nitpicking, I'll say this: JR Smith has that night once in a blue moon. More often than not, he's off. You throw in a scrub PG who just happens to hit everything in the building, on a desperate team with Melo giving one HELL of an effort, and it's a close game. Pacers are going to be in a lot of close games this year. Teams are out for blood because they know the Pacers are good. Remember that feeling we would get when the Pacers would beat the Heat 2-3 years ago? That's how teams feel about beating the Pacers now. Every night. So, yes, "bad" teams are going to pose challenges to the Pacers, because 1) it's the NBA and 2) the Pacers are a benchmark. So the question becomes: how do the Pacers continue to evolve and develop winning habits? Because if you develop winning habits in these kind of games, you're going to feel a lot more comfortable in the same situations come postseason.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

[QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1738977]
    Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post

Our guys need to work on their FTs. /QUOTE]

Nothing different than last year. The Pacers FT shooting just frustrates the carp out of me at times.
    Ah, I see what you are doing there. We've gone from cows to fish I see.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Here is a great photo from the NY daily News of the foul call on Paul's three.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post: