Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kwame Brown, anyone?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kwame Brown, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the deadline for being able to sign someone? Early Spring?
    March-early April for a guy who gets cut from another team to be playoff eligible. However, if you wanted to sign a guy who has NOT been on a team all season, they would be playoff-eligible.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    However, if you wanted to sign a guy who has NOT been on a team all season, they would be playoff-eligible.
    They can be signed anytime during the playoffs? (surely not) or before the first game, or what?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    They can be signed anytime during the playoffs? (surely not) or before the first game, or what?
    You can't sign someone during the playoffs. But you can sign someone up to the last day of the season. But the rule is whatever team you're on March 1st, that's the only team you can play in the playoffs with. There are usually some buyouts between the trade deadline and March 1st every year.

Personally, I think the Pacers will wait until March 1st to see if someone is available that they'd be interested in signing. I don't see another signing before then.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post: