Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kwame Brown, anyone?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kwame Brown, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what's your plan if Roy or Ian get hurt?
    Maybe we should actually worry about this if they ya know "get hurt"
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

If we weren't even trying to sign Oden no way we try to sign Kwame.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL, I didn't even see this video linked when I re-watched the Kwame draft video...The audio is a bit hard to try and hear, but basically Roy clowning on Kwame lol.

"It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

If Roy or Ian get hurt enough to need a replacement, I might offer Kwame a 10 day contract to see if he could play at all. But I would certainly look at every available big before I did.

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe;1738337

I see the knicks finding a way to get him

That was my 1st thought. It's pretty obvious with Chandler out the Knicks need a big man. Whether they have the money is another question.

No thank you... If we need a bench warmer bring back David Harrison and let Hibbert and West coach him.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

The Pacers front office has done an outstanding job of finding players that fit together
    and all seem to get along nicely. They have a much better feel for who would or would
    not fit in with this group. This is why it always bugs me that whenever a player becomes
    available, someone has to start up with the "lets get this guy" rhetoric. We have a
    good team thanks to our outstanding decision makers, so leave it up to them.

From my understanding, Kwame Brown has a reputation as being one of the biggest
    busts in NBA history. Right or wrong, to have something like that said might be a sign
    that the guy is not a hard enough worker, and we do not want any player brought in
    that is not a hard enough worker that our current group would not respect or
    appreciate having them.

If we need another big man, am sure Mr. Bird and Mr. Pritchard will pull off another
    "Donald Sloan", and find us another really good player that will be a hard worker and
    fit in with this group nicely.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This dude is terrible. Seriously. Why are you guys even considering this. I'd take David Harrison before I'd even think about Kwame Brown.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo

from an offensive POV, I am pretty sure that Kwame is pretty terrible. But I always thought that he was actually pretty solid from a defensive POV. If anyone in the frontcourt was injured.....Id think that we'd just look for a temporary solution that can ( at a minimum) play defense.

But realistically, i fully expect that ( heaven forbid ) if Hibbert or Mahinmi got injured....we would likely run with a small ball rotation with Scola manning the Back up center spot and Copeland shifting over to back up PF. Sure, our interior defense would suck...but Copeland is viewed as a backup PF and Scola can do so in a pinch.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was really HIGH on David Harrison, but seriously I thought he had the talent to at worst be a high quality backup center. Don't want him or Kwame now.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I was really HIGH on David Harrison, but seriously I thought he had the talent to at worst be a high quality backup center. Don't want him or Kwame now.
    Too bad David was really HIGH too.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Kwame is a good post defender and a big body. But I doubt that Roy would want him on the team. There are other options for a 3rd string that would fit our team better.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    The GRASS is not greener on the other side of the cow fence. (A twofer for you.)

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

18. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This dude is terrible. Seriously. Why are you guys even considering this. I'd take David Harrison before I'd even think about Kwame Brown.
    Hush yo mouth!

Let's just get a mannequin from the big and tall store and it will be just as effective as Kwame Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Gentlemen we are better than this. We are simply better than this. I really thought someone bumped this thread from 4 years ago.
    Agreed. Unbelievable thread

22. The Following User Says Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Let's just get a mannequin from the big and tall store and it will be just as effective as Kwame Brown.
    And would have a better attitude.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just for the slow, my David Harrison comment was not an endorsement.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Why? If Hibbert, Mahinmi and Scola were all hurt, I'd still put David West out of position at C before I'd play Kwame a minute there.
    ... Who would play next to D West? Copeland? And who after that?

Having a big third body is more of a luxury than a necessity at this point. I know people will say, "Yeah, but what happens if Roy or Ian goes down", but then we'll just have to find a way to get through those 48 minutes or less and sign someone the next day. If we're just looking for someone to defend, rebound, and block shots, I don't know that they have to be incredibly well versed with the playbook.

What's the deadline for being able to sign someone? Early Spring?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Please. I am begging. Will you just let this die. You may think he is just a body that can defend. But what little he gives on that side of the court is overshadowed by his ineptitude in all aspects of his game. Take all the negative qualities of Gerald Green and Ian And couple that with the defense if Lavoy Allen. Then you would have Kwame Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Please. I am begging. Will you just let this die. You may think he is just a body that can defend. But what little he gives on that side of the court is overshadowed by his ineptitude in all aspects of his game. Take all the negative qualities of Gerald Green and Ian And couple that with the defense if Lavoy Allen. Then you would have Kwame Brown.
    Dude, chill. We're just having a discussion. Opinion board.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Dude, chill. We're just having a discussion. Opinion board.
    Well, so long as we're discussing such foolishness...

Chris Washburn, anyone?

One word: Stanko. It's time. Our secret weapon has been waiting for a moment like this.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post: