Thread: AFC playoff picture including games remaining

Default AFC playoff picture including games remaining

both NE and Indy have two particularly tough games

NE: Denver, @Baltimore
    IND: @CIN, @KC

The Bengals have the toughest remaining schedule among the 2/3/4 contenders, despite the stats on the opponent wining %, since SD and PIT are tough places to play and BAL is getting better.

KC could actually lose a bunch IMO
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 11-20-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: AFC playoff picture including games remaining

Looking at that, maybe I was too quick to gloat about the Steelers declining into irrelevancy. They still have a very fair chance of making the playoffs. I'm not sold on the Jets with how crappy Geno has looked lately. That 6 spot is still wide open.

If IND loses to CIN & KC, while NE loses to DEN and BAL, then both finish 11-5 overall and 8-4 in the conference.
    Next tiebreak is common opponents, Miami, Denver, Houston, Cincinnati.
    NE would I think be 3-2 vs. that group, and IND would also be 3-2.

So the NE /IND tiebreak could come down to overall SOS, which is too early to even guess I think.

The common opponent games (IND-CIN, NE-DEN, NE-MIA, NE-HOU) are especially important in considering NE-IND tiebreaks.

I know.

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?

/Mora
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You will get the second seed. I predict more than 2 losses for us but that's just me.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

I'm most concerned with winning the division, but it would be great if we can win our AFC and especially AFC South games. In terms of tiebreaker importance, the Cardinals game is the least vital game left this year.

It's still a very important game for general W-L records. We can't afford to lose some of these games, since I think the Cincy and KC games will be tough ones we may not win.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

RWB