Thread: Dish questions

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Dish questions

I am in southern Montgomery County. And I am looking to get Dish. A rep says that I can't get Fox Sports Indiana here. Is that correct? Does Direct TV have it?

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Dish questions

Never mind I actually got a rep who knew their head from their.....

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a feeling your Dish rep is an idiot.

Use this from Directv. It should tell you if you are in the Pacers home territory:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...ssetId=3450006

BTW, unless you want to play "Guess which channel number Fox Sports Indiana is on tonight" every night, go with Directv.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Use this from Directv. It should tell you if you are in the Pacers home territory:

BTW, unless you want to play "Guess which channel number Fox Sports Indiana is on tonight" every night, go with Directv.
    On the other hand, if you want to pay less money, get Dish.

Seriously, it isn't hard to find the games. You just do a search by "Pacers", or even "Live Sports" to see what other games are coming up. Not rocket science.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

Yep, and my DirecTV bill is way cheaper for more/better programming.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm glad this topic came up...ok about to move, and where I'm moving to doesn't offer cable out in that area. I was wondering which is the best satellite service and if I would be able to get all of the pacers and colts games. Does it come with fox sports Indiana?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like porcelain, but paper is handy. China is too fancy for my ***. Plastic is bad for the environment. Lemme know if you need any other dish advice.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post
    I'm glad this topic came up...ok about to move, and where I'm moving to doesn't offer cable out in that area. I was wondering which is the best satellite service and if I would be able to get all of the pacers and colts games. Does it come with fox sports Indiana?

I have had both, and the customer service/programming/prices at Dish pushed me to DirecTV.

If you want to know about FSI, go to this link and input your new zip. It'll tell you what teams you are considered "local" for: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...ssetId=3450006

Also, don't forget to call into retentions any time your discounts expire. They've given me $35 a month off every year since I've signed up. My bill is $65/month for 2 HD DVR's with Whole Home service. I get FSI/NBATV/NFL Net, in addition to all the other channels you'd expect (FX ESPN etc).

The biggest issue I have with Dish is they CONSTANTLY get into carrier disputes, and they take forever to resolve them. DirecTV on the other hand gets their disputes resolved incredibly fast.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    I have had both, and the customer service/programming/prices at Dish pushed me to DirecTV.

If you want to know about FSI, go to this link and input your new zip. It'll tell you what teams you are considered "local" for: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...ssetId=3450006

Also, don't forget to call into retentions any time your discounts expire. They've given me $35 a month off every year since I've signed up. My bill is $65/month for 2 HD DVR's with Whole Home service. I get FSI/NBATV/NFL Net, in addition to all the other channels you'd expect (FX ESPN etc).

The biggest issue I have with Dish is they CONSTANTLY get into carrier disputes, and they take forever to resolve them. DirecTV on the other hand gets their disputes resolved incredibly fast.
    So FSI and FSMW essentially the same thing? I want ALL of the Pacers games and kinda afraid they will split it with the Memphis Grizzlies or something stupid. It says I get FSI and i know I used to have FSMW and it showed all of the games, but thought maybe they changed to to FSI for Pacers games specifically?

Unrelated, but it's so completely ridiculous that Comcast does not broadcast all their LP games in HD. Its 2013. Doesn't make much sense.
    @qandrews9428

14. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

So FSI and FSMW essentially the same thing? I want ALL of the Pacers games and kinda afraid they will split it with the Memphis Grizzlies or something stupid. It says I get FSI and i know I used to have FSMW and it showed all of the games, but thought maybe they changed to to FSI for Pacers games specifically?

As long as you're in Indiana, you should get Pacers games. When I lived in Lexington, Ky though I got more Grizzlies games but if it was a better matchup or the Grizzlies weren't playing then I got the Pacers. Probably got close to half and half.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mo Tibbs For This Useful Post:

Definitely go with Directv. I had Dish for a minute and it was NOT a good experience. Before I got married last year I only had cable/Dish/Directv for Pacers games. Dish made it difficult to find games and I havn't had it for a few years but they didn't always show the HD games when they were available. When I called to inquire they said they only had so much bandwidth for HD. Horrible customer service btw.

Directv may cost a little more but worth it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RandyWrinkles For This Useful Post:

Mood

Correct. FSI kicks on for Pacers and Fever games, and with the exception of maybe 2 games last season FSMW didn't have anything Pacers related. If you get FSI, you get the Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by RandyWrinkles View Post
    Definitely go with Directv. I had Dish for a minute and it was NOT a good experience. Before I got married last year I only had cable/Dish/Directv for Pacers games. Dish made it difficult to find games and I havn't had it for a few years but they didn't always show the HD games when they were available. When I called to inquire they said they only had so much bandwidth for HD. Horrible customer service btw.

Directv may cost a little more but worth it.
    If you call in and are nice, retentions will give you $5 more per month off than new subs get. So, right now they are offering $30/month off for new subs, and existing subs (IF THEY CALL AND ASK) will get $35/month off. Like I said before, they told me that they will always offer a better deal to the existing customer (Something they started a year ago). So, I've called and received the discounts twice now, making DirecTV the same or a little cheaper than Dish.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Correct. FSI kicks on for Pacers and Fever games, and with the exception of maybe 2 games last season FSMW didn't have anything Pacers related. If you get FSI, you get the Pacers

If you call in and are nice, retentions will give you $5 more per month off than new subs get. So, right now they are offering $30/month off for new subs, and existing subs (IF THEY CALL AND ASK) will get $35/month off. Like I said before, they told me that they will always offer a better deal to the existing customer (Something they started a year ago). So, I've called and received the discounts twice now, making DirecTV the same or a little cheaper than Dish.
    It only offers FSMW on the direct tv channel listings but since I live in Indiana it will show the Pacers games, correct? That's all I really care about. I can live without everything else, but when it comes to my Pacers I want to watch every single game!