Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 226 to 234 of 234

Thread: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

  1. #226
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    912
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bump. Let me just bump this. Can't get too many pizza recommendations. Also, IMO EVERYBODY out-pizzas the Hut. How in the heck is it the number one Pizza joint in America? Mediocre at best and inconsistent too.
    Pizza Hut, IMO, is just a giant pan of grease with cheese layered over it.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  3. #227
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,279
    Mood

    Default Re: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You went to Giordano's and got the thin crust?
    Their thin crust is actually really good. Most people in chicago eat this on a normal basis instead of stuffed/deep dish because its too much. Giordanos thin crust is my favorite.
    2017 NBA Champions

  4. #228

    Default Re: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pizza Hut, IMO, is just a giant pan of grease with cheese layered over it.
    I might add, nationally, their sales have been down for several years and pizza hut south in bloomington is no more. I thi k folks have finally gotten tired of what they offer these days. They are always trying to throw together the next gimmick instead of offering what they once made when i was a kid. When your dough is pre-made and shipped to store from a giant factory and your sauce is nothing but glorified, canned tomato sauce, your product is going to be mediocre on it's best day.
    They need to stop trying to cut corners and putting lipstick on a pig.
    I bet they still have the recipes from their late 70's and early 80's days when they still made excellent pizza. But, they are ruled by bean counters who are trying to 'streamline profits'

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:


  6. #229
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    5,978

    Default Re: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might add, nationally, their sales have been down for several years and pizza hut south in bloomington is no more. I thi k folks have finally gotten tired of what they offer these days. They are always trying to throw together the next gimmick instead of offering what they once made when i was a kid. When your dough is pre-made and shipped to store from a giant factory and your sauce is nothing but glorified, canned tomato sauce, your product is going to be mediocre on it's best day.
    They need to stop trying to cut corners and putting lipstick on a pig.
    I bet they still have the recipes from their late 70's and early 80's days when they still made excellent pizza. But, they are ruled by bean counters who are trying to 'streamline profits'
    All of what you say is true, but Pizza Hut is still number one in sales. Boggles the mind doesn't it? You would think their reputation would be slipping by now.

  7. #230
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,332

    Default Re: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

    Ok, revisiting this thread. For one thing, when I first posted in this thread Marcos wasn't a local option and now it is. 9.9 times out of 10 I will choose Marcos over the other nearby options (Papa Johns and Pizza Hut). I've never been a PJ's fan (it's OK), and PH has just went downhill to the point it's always disappointing even if it's "OK" (It just sorta reminds me of when it used to be better). But Marcos I consider pretty good. The other day I ordered a large 2 topping deal from Marco's. I was going to get double pepperoni as my 'two' toppings and they asked if I wanted 2 different types of pepperoni (I think old style was one maybe? Old world?). Hmmm? Sure!.... Beats me exactly what it was... but there were two different types and sizes of pepperoni on my pie and it was goooood!
    If you like pepperoni pizzas I recommend getting a 2 topping with the 2 different types of pepperoni they offer.

    Ok... for you take and bakers... Has anyone tried one of these:


    Presto Pizzazz
    I've not tried it for a take and bake but I love it for reheating pizza as well as cooking frozen pizza. It works great and I'm assuming it's actually cheaper than firing up the oven since it utilizes a small burner close to the pizza and a blower. It cooks the pizza evenly and you can watch it cook and get your pizza how you like it. Pretty fast too, especially for reheating pizza. Not as fast as the microwave but the pizza leaves the Pizzazz nice and crisp and not soggy. No preheating necessary either so that is another reason I'm assuming it's more economical that firing up the stove's oven.
    I can't imagine how it wouldn't work well for a take and bake as long as the pizza fits on the round pan thing.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  9. #231
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    5,978

    Default Re: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

    I totally agree. Marcos is awesome. Nice post Bball.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  11. #232
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    8,525

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

    I've always been interested in one of those Bball. The other day at Target I saw a this guy:
    http://www.target.com/p/bakerstone-p...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

    Place it on the grill and boom, pizza! Might pick one up.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  13. #233
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,028

    Default Re: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

    Someguy's pizza on allisonville road, expensive but oh so good. I think it's the fontina cheese. Haven't had it on n a while though.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  14. #234
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    38,922

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of my new favorites is Coalition in Carmel. Excellent - the thai BBQ sauce is outstanding.
    I'll be living basically 60 seconds away from there by the end of this week. Haven't tried it yet.

    I've been on a big Jet's kick for delivery lately.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •