Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

Default Re: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this Arni's is tasting pretty awesome right now
    Where's Arni's? I think there was one in Cicero.

Sports Logo

Might be, I don't know, they've been expanding. Pretty sure the one in Indy just moved, want to say to the Southside but not sure. Either way it's the one that's like a 3 minute walk from my house in Crawfordsville and it's awesomely delicious.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Where's Arni's? I think there was one in Cicero.
    There is an Arni's at 96th and Gray (right by 96th St. Steakburgers, which are some of the best burgers on the planet).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't eat chain pizza all that often, but I had some Pizza Hut a few weeks ago, did they change their recipe or something? Maybe it's nostalgia, but I remember it being pretty good when I was younger. I don't know, the sauce seemed really sweet, and there was a lot of it. Maybe I just got a bad pie or something.
    it's not nostalgia, they definitely HAVE changed over the years. all the changes they have made were never about making a better product, just less expensive to produce. i think everything they use anymore is totally pre-made shipped in garbage. i remember as a kid, they actually had hand-rolled bread sticks and not those generic out of a pan pre-made suckers that taste awful. their sauce has changed too. the flavor is different. it's been too long for me to be able to really remember how it was different but it is significantly different than what it was back in the 80's and 90's. the only thing that i can think of as to why they are still popular is the fact they are everywhere and their strong brand recognition from being around for so long but yep, their pizza is the worst of the chains in my book.

anyways, i might throw out there that my favorite frozen pizza is home run inn. they are expensive but, it is pretty damn good frozen pizza.
    digiorno simply doesn't impress me at all. i actually think their pizza is very bland and am convinced that it is 99% marketing hype. i would never confuse it with a pizza from an actual place that delivers.

Went to Mellow Mushroom in Carmel last week, was really good. I'll definitely have to go back again
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    it's not nostalgia, they definitely HAVE changed over the years. all the changes they have made were never about making a better product, just less expensive to produce. i think everything they use anymore is totally pre-made shipped in garbage. i remember as a kid, they actually had hand-rolled bread sticks and not those generic out of a pan pre-made suckers that taste awful. their sauce has changed too. the flavor is different. it's been too long for me to be able to really remember how it was different but it is significantly different than what it was back in the 80's and 90's. the only thing that i can think of as to why they are still popular is the fact they are everywhere and their strong brand recognition from being around for so long but yep, their pizza is the worst of the chains in my book.

anyways, i might throw out there that my favorite frozen pizza is home run inn. they are expensive but, it is pretty damn good frozen pizza.
    digiorno simply doesn't impress me at all. i actually think their pizza is very bland and am convinced that it is 99% marketing hype. i would never confuse it with a pizza from an actual place that delivers.
    Home Run Inn rules for frozen, but I've already been over that in this thread. Pizza Hut is totally over-rated which I've also been over before. The Arni's in Cicero must have closed as I didn't see it listed. Right across the street from where the Arni's was is Pizza House in Cicero and it is excellent for a change of pace. Speaking of burgers(like Sollozzo mentioned), I just had a Culver's double butterburger for the first time in a while and it is so good.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pizza House is good (I had a friend who worked there years ago), but in that neck of the woods, it doesn't touch Tipton's Pizza Shack.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Best - Chicago's Pizza
    Worst - Little Caesars

Hotbox Pizza is pretty damn good too, love those breadsticks.
    Last edited by tora tora; 03-16-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Pizza House is good (I had a friend who worked there years ago), but in that neck of the woods, it doesn't touch Tipton's Pizza Shack.
    I used to drive from Cicero to Tipton to pick up a Pizza Shack. I used to play in a band there and that's when I first had it. As you said it is quite good, but I am going by memory as it's probably been a decade since I've had one. Have you had a Pizza Shack lately?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I used to drive from Cicero to Tipton to pick up a Pizza Shack. I used to play in a band there and that's when I first had it. As you said it is quite good, but I am going by memory as it's probably been a decade since I've had one. Have you had a Pizza Shack lately?
    Within the last year, still great.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Went to Mellow Mushroom in Carmel last week, was really good. I'll definitely have to go back again
    Did you try their Thai pizza? It is really good

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Did you try their Thai pizza? It is really good

I had their Kosmic Karma and Mega Veggie, both were very good. I'll have to go back again and try some more
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pizza Hut.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Mood

Pizza Hut used to be my favorite as a child but they have declined now and when we get it there because we recently got seven free large pizzas there because of poor service. I stick with the thin crust pepperoni lovers and order some wings and breadsticks for the girls. I love the boneless parm crusted wings. If you ever are in the Anderson area and are looking for a great pizza try Meadowbrook Pizza or Art's Pizza. Scampy's is not bad either.

Had a Papa John's for the first time in years. Not bad. If you like Papa John's try Marcos. I found Papa John's similar to Marcos except Marcos is thicker with more cheese and more toppings. I know Little Caesar's gets a bad rap, but has anybody tried their deep dish pizza? I had one when it first came out and I remember it being at least decent. May have to try it again.
    Last edited by presto123; 03-27-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    Pizza Hut used to be my favorite as a child but they have declined now and when we get it there because we recently got seven free large pizzas there because of poor service. I stick with the thin crust pepperoni lovers and order some wings and breadsticks for the girls. I love the boneless parm crusted wings. If you ever are in the Anderson area and are looking for a great pizza try Meadowbrook Pizza or Art's Pizza. Scampy's is not bad either.

A girl I know from Lapel said there is a great pizza place close to Anderson University. Do you know what that would be? Probably on 9 or whatever that major road is.

Had a Papa John's for the first time in years. Not bad. If you like Papa John's try Marcos. I found Papa John's similar to Marcos except Marcos is thicker with more cheese and more toppings. I know Little Caesar's gets a bad rap, but has anybody tried their deep dish pizza? I had one when it first came out and I remember it being at least decent. May have to try it again.
    +1 on the deep dish.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    +1 on the deep dish.
    Do you find it decent or good? LOL

Pizza Papalis in downtown Detroit MI is the best pizza in the midwest IMO.

Local: Rock Star Pizza...Deep Dish...Brownsburg...is my favorite.

Bazbeaux's is pretty good too.

Edit: one more. Garcia's Pizza in West Lafayette. Of course, that was about 28 years ago.

The Pizza Huts, Donato's, Papa Johns, etc. are all good pizza for the money. Dominos is probably the best deal though. If you want a better pizza though, you don't get those at the chains. Someone mentioned Giordanos and that is also very good pizza but it will cost you.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 03-27-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I can still eat Pizza Hut and I love Pizza King (can tolerate Papa John's and can't stand Dominos), but there's a place up in Fort Wayne called Oley's that is absolutely EPIC, especially when you eat their double decker meat lover's pizza.
    Oleys is indeed very good pizza. That used to be my favorite when I lived up north.

I just had a Domino's handmade pan pizza with pepperoni, green peppers, and extra sauce. It was very good, definitely one of the best pizzas I've ever had from one one of the "Big 3". The crust had a slight crispiness to it on the edges, the crumb was smooth and buttery throughout, the sauce was delicious, and the toppings were excellent. A very solid pizza for just $7.99. Highly recommend.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Going to Jockamo's this weekend. Excited to try their pizza options, they look delicious

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I just had a Domino's handmade pan pizza with pepperoni, green peppers, and extra sauce. It was very good, definitely one of the best pizzas I've ever had from one one of the "Big 3". The crust had a slight crispiness to it on the edges, the crumb was smooth and buttery throughout, the sauce was delicious, and the toppings were excellent. A very solid pizza for just $7.99. Highly recommend.
    Wow. That surprises me. The last Domino's I had was a couple years ago and I found it very bland. One of my least favs. Maybe the Pan is worth trying?

Wow. That surprises me. The last Domino's I had was a couple years ago and I found it very bland. One of my least favs. Maybe the Pan is worth trying?
    It's definitely worth trying. At $7.99, you get a lot of pie for your money. Keep in mind that Domino's has undergone a massive brand overhaul over the last couple of years to keep up with the competition. They've changed a lot, especially the crust.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I generally like really thin pizza, but fif I am in the mood for thick Chicago style - Nancy's is the best.
    Agree 100%. Really good.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett