Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

Default Re: What Is The Best And Worst Major Pizza?

Gnome and I visited the last that we know of full-fledged Noble Romans restaurants. Still looks the same as it did 20 years ago. New Castle had one but it went away in the early 90's, and this one reminded me of it in a lot of ways, even though the floor plan was different.

Anyway, we got a meat pizza, sicilian style, and while I would probably pass on their ham next time (it was tiny little diced ham), overall it hit the spot.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gnome and I visited the last that we know of full-fledged Noble Romans restaurants. Still looks the same as it did 20 years ago. New Castle had one but it went away in the early 90's, and this one reminded me of it in a lot of ways, even though the floor plan was different.

Anyway, we got a meat pizza, sicilian style, and while I would probably pass on their ham next time (it was tiny little diced ham), overall it hit the spot.

I used to love Noble Roman's sicilian, but you're right, they are hard to find now. Anyone ever try Home Run Inn oven pizzas from Chicago that you buy at the supermarket? I love those things. I actually read a story that they were voted even better than Pizza Hut and Dominos. They are the #1 rated frozen pizza. I agree. For a frozen pizza they taste so fresh and the crust is awesome.

I used to have Home Run Inn when I was in college, I thought they were terrible. Maybe they've gotten better
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I only had had it once and thought it was awful, maybe I should try again. But I am very picky when it comes to pizza.
    I've had it multiple times, I agree it's awful
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I used to have Home Run Inn when I was in college, I thought they were terrible. Maybe they've gotten better

Well, like everything in life it is subjective, but I just googled best frozen pizza and this is the second time Home Run Inn has come up #1. From Consumer Reports no less.

http://consumerreports.org/cro/magaz...izza/index.htm

7. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

I've had it multiple times, I agree it's awful
    If it's awful, why did you have it multiple times? Don't tell me you like Pizza Hut

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Pass That

Marcos is awesome in west lafayette.

Surprised no one has mentioned Arni's

Puccini's is garbage
    Spoiler Spoiler:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrPreGame For This Useful Post:

Mood

Of the major pizza chains I would say Papa John's is my favorite. I got a meats pizza on thin crust and I was impressed with their .30 cent extra I got the kids a pizza and they tore it up. On the worst major pizza chains would be Dominos. Now I was impressed with something from Pizza Hut. We had some ****** service and my wife went in the next day to complain about the service and how it took 1 1/2 hours to get 2 pizzas on a slow day. The regional manager happened to be there and she took care of us by giving us seven business cards of her and on the back it said 1 free LG pizza any style. I was amazed to get 7 free pizzas. On a small chain here in Anderson Indiana I really like meadowbrook pizza. Very good and they do not skimp on the toppings.

I will say that Papa Johns seems to have better quality ingrediants tham PH, Dominoes. But I cannot stand Papa's sauce so I really cannot eat it. (I did sort of,like their thin crust BBQ Chicken pizza a few years ago though - but that sauce is diffrerent from their normal sauce)

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    If it's awful, why did you have it multiple times? Don't tell me you like Pizza Hut
    When they gave free pizza in school you eat it whatever it is. Cause it's free
    Last edited by Suaveness; 01-23-2014 at 03:14 PM.

When they gave free pizza in school you eat it whatever it is. Cause it's free
    Amen to that. Personally, I like pizza so much it's hard for me to find ANY kind that I don't like. Some I like better than others obviously.

I had Dominoes yesterday for the first time in a couple of years. Had their Home Made pan pizza. Not sure why they call it home made.

The flavor was really good. It was greasy, the crust wasnt as crisp as I like, but the flavor is a lot better than Pizza Hut Pan pizza.

I think I now like Dominoes more than PH and PJ

Bang for the buck and a pretty good pizza -- Papa Murphy's.

Bonus - for $3-4, you can get a small pizza 'kit'. Rolled out dough, containers of sauce, cheese and a decent serving of pepperoni. Perfect for kids. They just really enjoy putting their own together.

And try their stuffed pizza. I recommend the cholesterol special -- sausage, pepperoni, ham, bacon. I usually add mushrooms for the healthy aspect.

I'm getting hungry ............

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Papa Murphy's pan pizza I do not like at all. Their hand tossed I don't like either. I do like their thin crust and their stuffed pizza is OK. Certainly better than any frozen pizza you can buy. I always feel that it doesn't bake as well in my oven as it would in an oven that is made for pizza, but I try to enjoy it.

Noble Romans take and bake, I didn't like at all.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Papa Murphy's has been way too hit or miss for me. Sometime's I've gotten one and it was incredible. Other times, it might as well have been a frozen Tombstone pizza...

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I always feel that it doesn't bake as well in my oven as it would in an oven that is made for pizza, but I try to enjoy it.
    This is exactly it. You need a pizza oven. I've known, like, one person in my life who's had a pizza oven (and really that was just a brick oven build into their patio design). I don't get the appeal of Papa Murphy's. You're paying about the same price as a pizza made for you, in a pizza oven, that won't turn out as good as a pizza oven pizza.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

1. out of 5 Pizza King's, I'll only eat at 2 of them and really prefer just one. It's all in the cook.

2. out of 4 Pizza Hut's, I'll only eat at one. It's all in the cook.

Dominoes is good, just prefer the above.
    Noble Romans is good once in a great while.

Donotos was pretty good but I have only had it once, they built a new building and launched and closed pretty darn quick.

Papa Murphy's crust isn't good, to greasy and to much of a hassle for the money.

Won't eat Papa John's, I've had it 3 time and seriously within minutes each time.

Won't eat Little Ceasers, it likes me much more then I like it.

BTW, don't let the empty lot at Pizza King or Pizza Hut fool you, cause the cars are buzzing around delivering.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 02-24-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This is exactly it. You need a pizza oven. I've known, like, one person in my life who's had a pizza oven (and really that was just a brick oven build into their patio design). I don't get the appeal of Papa Murphy's. You're paying about the same price as a pizza made for you, in a pizza oven, that won't turn out as good as a pizza oven pizza.

Plus I think most pizza ovens are 600 degrees or higher. I think a place like Pizzology's oven is 800 degrees. Well my oven doesn't get that hot.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-25-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

For delivery, I like Papa John's Pizza the best, Dominoes 2nd (their new recipe is much better), Donato's (Just their Thin Crust Pepperoni Edge to Edge, not much else).

Don't like Pizza Hut Pizza, their breadstick's are good though.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Back in the when, I worked at Papa Murphy's and alot of people swore by grilling the take and bake... I never tried it, but I bet it would be fantastic on a charcoal... Maybe a few woodchips as well...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:

I don't know what it is, but every time I get Papa John's, I think it tastes just fine, but then I wake up in the middle of the night with the worst pains and...well, you can fill in the blanks from there. Maybe it's the sauce.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    On Indy's southside (and it's no-eat-in) Bob's Tu Your Door. Their sausage is the least greasy sausage I have had anywhere in any dish and about an inch deep. In Greenfield is Mozzi's .....great great Nacho Pizza, the Jalepaneo's will flat burn you out (especially tomorrow morning) but you'd better love cheese because they put a ton of 4 types of cheese on it.

I'd rather cut my eyes out than eat Pizza Hut again....wth have they done to themselves????
    Thank you! I love Mozzi's. Its of my favorites.

Best: Bearno's By the Bridge (Louisville)
    La Rosa's (Cincinnatti)
    Pizza King
    Donato's
    Mozzi's
    Gino's East (Chicago)

Worst:
    Dominoes
    Papa Murphy's
    Little Caesars
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Anyone else every have Hungry Howie's. I think there is still one at 96th and Allisonville. Unique thing with them is you could put spices in your crust before they baked it. I used to get their thin crust and some spice that made it really spicy. Wasn't that good, but something different

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    Back in the when, I worked at Papa Murphy's and alot of people swore by grilling the take and bake... I never tried it, but I bet it would be fantastic on a charcoal... Maybe a few woodchips as well...
    We have a pizza stone we put on our pit. I cook it with indirect heat, getting it as hot as possible to insure crispness. If you like wood oven pizza you will like it baked in your grill/pit. We usually do this when we make homemade pizza.

Mood

Mozzi's man, I don't know the Greenfield folks swear by it but I ate there once at the one on 40 and haven't been back. I live about two blocks down the street from the one across from New Pal high school and I've never been brave enough to try it.