Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 309

Thread: Week 12: @ Cardinals

  1. #251
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,373

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    No they weren't. The line didn't get this bad until about 4-5 games ago. They may not have been world-beaters before then, they let Luck get hit, but it was at least serviceable. They've imploded. You aren't watching if you really think the line hasn't gotten any worse over the last month and a half.

    Either way, you're admitting the line sucks, and you're expecting TRich to squeeze blood from a turnip. Just because you've heard it a million times doesn't mean it's a non-factor. You can't run behind a disaster of a line.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-26-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  3. #252
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously? Do you now count how many times Richardson and OL are ridiculed? Why does it matter anyway?
    If people are going to try and claim that playcalling and the oline are criticized just as much as Trent, you betcha. The good thing about the internet, is we have the ability to go back and look at exactly what is said, and it doesn't need to be a "he said, she said" debate. We've got the record.



    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People on here, on other Colts forums, blogs and other online platforms have gone out of their way to criticize the OL. That was happening from last season as well as it was glaring. The common thing you would see on other posts most of the time was " Offensive Line" and it was way before Richardson joined the club. We were here last off season cursing that McGlynn was still in the team's books and were wondering what the hell Grigson sees in him? We still do. Hell, I have read so many times the "McSuck and Sucktele" descriptions.

    I don't think Richardson is being used as a scapegoat. The line's problems are well documented. It has been awful most of the time as Richardson has been himself.

    PS: BTW, I honestly don't care what 40-yard dash he had. How that translates on the field matters to me and so far, one word describes that: Poorly.
    That's nice that others have, but this forum hasn't. Instead, this forum thinks pointing out how ****** they are is the beginning to a joke.

    That's fine that you don't care about his 40 time, but when we're talking about things that can be backed up with cold hard numbers, I like to go with facts as opposed to people throwing crap against a wall and hoping it sticks.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  4. #253
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,201

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they weren't. The line didn't get this bad until about 4-5 games ago. They may not have been world-beaters before then, they let Luck get hit, but it was at least serviceable. They've imploded. You aren't watching if you really think the line hasn't gotten any worse over the last month and a half.
    McGlynn and Satele have sucked from last season and they were the main culprits ruining the line. Many people were wondering, why Shipley was let go since we were not gonna bring a replacement and we had seen that Satele is not that good.

    The line was ever bad and got slightly better when Satele was injured and we moved McGlynn at Center. This worked around the SF game and the Jax one IIRC. Then Satele came back...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Either way, you're admitting the line sucks, and you're expecting TRich to squeeze blood from a turnip. Just because you've heard it a million times doesn't mean it's a non-factor. You can't run behind a disaster of a line.
    No. What I do is share the blame on both parts and exactly because the line hasn't been bad on every damn snap and some times there was a gap but Rich failed to take advantage, I won't blame the OL only and let Richardson off the hook like you do. I understand his line doesn't help him a lot but he hasn't showed pretty much anything for us to be hopeful of. If you are good enough and even running behind a bad OL, you'll show something, even a small glimpse of your talent. At least a couple of times. He hasn't.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  5. #254
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. What I do is share the blame on both parts and exactly because the line hasn't been bad on every damn snap and some times there was a gap but Rich failed to take advantage, I won't blame the OL only and let Richardson off the hook like you do. I understand his line doesn't help him a lot but he hasn't showed pretty much anything for us to be hopeful of. If you are good enough and even running behind a bad OL, you'll show something, even a small glimpse of your talent. At least a couple of times. He hasn't.
    Goodness....

    No one has ever said Trent doesn't have any blame, let's not go the route like on the Pacers forum and start building strawmen armies again. The complaint is that pretty much ALL the focus on the running game, goes towards Trent. That was the point in me counting how many posts criticized the line. Not one single poster brought up the oline problems, nor play calling when it comes to specifically running the ball, before Kid did. Not one. So it's pretty disingenuous to try and say that by putting blame on two other areas that deserve it, is really saying that they're the only ones that deserve it.
    Last edited by Since86; 11-26-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  6. #255

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Can we just say everybody is sucking? Nobody is playing well (outside of Vinatieri and Mathis) and everybody has to get better. Trent, oline, Luck, whatever.

    What's bothered me the most over the course of the past few weeks isn't the offense. We knew the line sucked and having lost our best WR, we knew we were going to struggle. The most infuriating thing about the last few weeks has been the defense. They have absolutely no excuse to be playing this poorly all of a sudden. Poor running teams are running all over us and ****** QBs are playing like Manning against us. If the defense was playing like a competent bunch, that would allow the offense time to get things going better. But we get no TOs or stops whatsoever unless the other team makes mistakes, which doesn't seem to happen when you don't get pressure and their WRs are running free all over the field. Disgusting.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  8. #256
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,437

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    ^ Agreed.

    Tennessee was stupid to go away from Chris Johnson. He looked like his 09 self against us in the first half. I think they would have won that game if they kept going with him.

    Before the massacre in the desert, I tried to remain optimistic. After all, the road division games are always tough and we lost our fair share of them with Manning. So you can't ever be too upset when you come out of Houston and Tennessee with a win. But after the atrocity in Arizona, there was really no way to ignore that this is a bad football team right now. When an old Carson Palmer carves you up like he's Tom Brady, you know you're in trouble. And that Michael Floyd guy abused us as if he was Calvin Johnson.

    I'll give them one more shot. If we win against Tennessee, then we will be 8-4 and have the division wrapped up unless we lose out with Tennessee winning out. It would be tough to complain after that. But if we lose and Tennessee closes the gap to just one game, then it will be officially time to panic.

  9. #257
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,373

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals




    No. What I do is share the blame on both parts and exactly because the line hasn't been bad on every damn snap and some times there was a gap but Rich failed to take advantage, I won't blame the OL only and let Richardson off the hook like you do. I understand his line doesn't help him a lot but he hasn't showed pretty much anything for us to be hopeful of. If you are good enough and even running behind a bad OL, you'll show something, even a small glimpse of your talent. At least a couple of times. He hasn't.
    No one has.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-26-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  10. #258
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,201

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If people are going to try and claim that playcalling and the oline are criticized just as much as Trent, you betcha. The good thing about the internet, is we have the ability to go back and look at exactly what is said, and it doesn't need to be a "he said, she said" debate. We've got the record.
    Yeah but what do you gain by pointing out how many posted negative things about one thing and the other? What will it change if indeed more people moan about Richardson and not the OL? That OL's struggles are overlooked? No, they are not. As I explained further down on my post, the complaints about the OL have been on HERE way before and after TR came in Indy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's nice that others have, but this forum hasn't. Instead, this forum thinks pointing out how ****** they are is the beginning to a joke.

    That's fine that you don't care about his 40 time, but when we're talking about things that can be backed up with cold hard numbers, I like to go with facts as opposed to people throwing crap against a wall and hoping it sticks.
    I am not disputing he had a good time in the combine. How does that translate in an actual game? How has it helped him so far? You haven't told me yet. I said that cause you keep saying it like we are supposed to be wowed and forget everything else we have seen in his games so far. All we have seen is lack of acceleration, hesitation to hit the hole when presented from his side. I know I know. It can't be backed. It's just throwing crap against the wall. That or we don't see the game, we just read other people's opinions and we just share them here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goodness....

    No one has ever said Trent doesn't have any blame, let's not go the route like on the Pacers forum and start building strawmen armies again.


    This goes especially to the first part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The complaint is that pretty much ALL the focus on the running game, goes towards Trent. That was the point in me counting how many posts criticized the line. Not one single poster brought up the oline problems, nor play calling when it comes to specifically running the ball, before Kid did. Not one. So it's pretty disingenuous to try and say that by putting blame on two other areas that deserve it, is really saying that they're the only ones that deserve it.
    Because we pretty much have exhausted complaining about the line. We already knew. It goes without saying. You want people to start with a "The OL sucks but" before every related Rich post to feel OK? You go on a single game thread and single out posts like it was the first time someone spoke about Rich and the line. Richardson and what goes with him (traded our 1st pick and I don't care if it's in the 20's. It's still a 1st round pick.) makes you want to see way more from what he has already showed.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  12. #259
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,201

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    BTW I apologize to anyone who will rightly see it as boring reading cause I have the sense we're going in circles the last weeks around Richardson. Everyone has his opinions on this matter so personally Ill leave it at that.

    I just don't want you to think I'm that guy who wants to see someone fail miserably to prove his point. I honestly hope the kid comes good for us.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  13. #260
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,201

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we just say everybody is sucking? Nobody is playing well (outside of Vinatieri and Mathis) and everybody has to get better. Trent, oline, Luck, whatever.

    What's bothered me the most over the course of the past few weeks isn't the offense. We knew the line sucked and having lost our best WR, we knew we were going to struggle. The most infuriating thing about the last few weeks has been the defense. They have absolutely no excuse to be playing this poorly all of a sudden. Poor running teams are running all over us and ****** QBs are playing like Manning against us. If the defense was playing like a competent bunch, that would allow the offense time to get things going better. But we get no TOs or stops whatsoever unless the other team makes mistakes, which doesn't seem to happen when you don't get pressure and their WRs are running free all over the field. Disgusting.
    Very good post.

    I posted it in the game thread that if your offense wants to get a 3rd down conversion, call the Colts D now. Seems that some things never change and this particular one is the most frustrating for me cause 1) it just sucks giving up 3rd and long after 3rd and long and 2) 3rd down conversion on both ends is one of the 3 main elements that decide a game alongside who wins the turnover battle and the redzone efficiency.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  14. #261
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,373

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    And we haven't exhausted railing on TRich???

    The thing that frustrates me is the general dismissal of the impact of the line. I'm not saying you guys don't acknowledge it... it's that you dismiss it. Even partially. Let's call it not fully appreciating it.

    We all know the line is transparent when it's working well. No one notices when they do good, only when they do bad. It's absolutely true, because when the line is doing their jobs, it allows us couch coaches to focus on the truly entertaining parts of the offense --- the "skill" players. The problem is... even the most skilled players can't function when the line is bad.

    This line wasn't a good line last year. They weren't good at the beginning of this year. But our skill players were so good, it masked it. After the San Fran game, the o-line went from "not good", to "not existent". And then we lost a few more skill players. Now the few studs we have (Luck, TRich, Hilton, Fleener), are barely keeping their head above water. Let's face it, they aren't even doing that.

    Our line has reduced Andrew Luck to being some dude with a neck beard. Think about that. This is Andrew Luck, we all know what he can do. He hasn't done anything of acclaim in a month. More, even. Our receivers --- nada. Our backs --- nope. You all get excited when DBrown gets 60 yards in a game. That's how bad things are. Your perception is so skewed that you get *excited* about a once-a-game 10-yard run by our backup.

    We haven't had a chance to see what TRich can do. This is the situation that most of you aren't realizing. We really can't even see what Luck can do. Luck isn't the Luck of last year.

    I'll go further though and lump on our offensive coordinator. It's the combination of Pep and our absolutely failing o-line that is the problem with this offense. The o-line is getting beat literally almost every play. It's not like the sun is shining on a dog's *** every 3-4 plays or so. They go multiple series before they "win" a play. Couple that with Pep's absolute inability to find ways to work around his atrocious o-line, and what you have is a disaster. Arians can play-call around a bad line. Pep hasn't shown the ability to do so.

    Pep's philosophy is probably a fine way to go WHEN things are falling in place. But right now, the bottom (o line) has dropped out of this offense, and he doesn't look like he has a f'n clue how to work around it.

    Yea, I harp on the o-line -- because I know how truly important they are to the function of the offense. And I watch these games, and I see them getting utterly dominated, which ripples down to the quarterback having no time to make his reads, no time to set and throw, no time for running plays to develop, no time for receivers to get separation. And then come on here and listen to everyone hilariously proclaim TRIch a bust. It's hilarious. You absolutely are not looking at the right things. You're observing a SYMPTOM and not the CAUSE. And we have MULTIPLE symptoms (not just TRich's production... look at everyone's production. Luck, Hilton... ), and for some reason, you all are focusing on ONE symptom.

    That's the frustrating thing for me. And then when I stand up and say, "Sigh... it's the o-line, guys." All I get is, "Dude, shut up about the line, so we can incessantly rail on TRich."
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-26-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  15. #262
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,373

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    My only hope is looking at the Giants. They started the season in a systematic failure. Now they're on a 4-game win streak. Teams do get it together. (Well I guess they lost the last one.)
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-26-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  16. #263
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,437

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My only hope is looking at the Giants. They started the season in a systematic failure. Now they're on a 4-game win streak. Teams do get it together. (Well I guess they lost the last one.)
    But look at who the Giants played on that four game winning streak:

    Vikings - Complete jokes. That was the game that Josh Freeman played.

    Eagles - Matt Barkley took most of the QB snaps for Philly that game.

    Raiders

    Packers - were on their third string QB at that point.


    Their four game winning streak was a complete mirage. They played against a bunch of joke quarterbacks. Once they ran into a real quarterback in Romo, they went back to losing.

  17. #264
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,373

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    But they put together some winning football after looking completely lost.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  18. #265
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    I see even without my involvement we are still beating the everlasting **** out of that Trent Richardson/O-Line horse. I was really hoping I would be eating crow by this point on that trade :/

  19. #266
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,373

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Welp guess what. The line still sucks. I hope my car will move forward on four flat tires.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-27-2013 at 08:08 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  20. #267
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because we pretty much have exhausted complaining about the line. We already knew. It goes without saying. You want people to start with a "The OL sucks but" before every related Rich post to feel OK? You go on a single game thread and single out posts like it was the first time someone spoke about Rich and the line. Richardson and what goes with him (traded our 1st pick and I don't care if it's in the 20's. It's still a 1st round pick.) makes you want to see way more from what he has already showed.
    But you're not tired of complaining about Trent, even thought that's where the complaints started. That's exactly my point.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  21. #268
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was really hoping I would be eating crow by this point on that trade :/
    I was really hoping to eat crow about how awful the line is.

    Looks like the 49ers game was just a flash in the pan.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  22. #269
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,437

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    The Donald Thomas injury is symbolic of our poor luck this season. He wouldn't solve everything, but he sure as hell would help. Our four year $14 million LG goes down in the second game of the season. That's our season in a nutshell.

  23. #270
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea, I harp on the o-line -- because I know how truly important they are to the function of the offense. And I watch these games, and I see them getting utterly dominated, which ripples down to the quarterback having no time to make his reads, no time to set and throw, no time for running plays to develop, no time for receivers to get separation.
    Yep. Luck is "regressing" back to closer to how he played last year. The only real difference, which is a big one, is that he's not turning the ball over but his completion percentage has started to take a dive and his yardage is really starting to take a hit. Do we honestly think that Luck hasn't gotten much better, or that he's putting up crappy numbers because he's not getting enough support?
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  24. #271
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,437

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Pep is in some serious hot water. The issue comes from higher than TRich and Luck and Reggie Wayne. We have the pieces. They aren't being used correctly. These same guys all had better years last year... yes, even TRich. This offense has nose-dived. Across the board. Something has to be done. Who here doesn't believe that Bruce Arians couldn't walk in here tomorrow and fix our issues? I believe he could. He did much more with much less.
    I disagree with the bolded. Arians had way more to work with last year than Pep does right now. Arians had a HOF WR who had one of the best seasons of his entire career. He had Dwayne Allen and Donnie Avery (who is far better than DHB). He had a decent running game with Vick Ballard and an O-Line that played better than this year. Pep has none of that, though I guess 2013 Fleener and 2012 Allen basically cross each other out.

    This offense basically only has two legitimate weapons right now in Hilton and Fleener. Don't get me wrong, I think that Arians would do a superior job with this bunch compared to Pep. Arians knew how to utilize T.Y. last year and there's no doubt that he would figure ways out to get his best option the ball right now. Pep shows no creativity or adaptive skills in that department. But I will defend Pep in the sense that the tools at his disposal are far worse than what Arians had. The only thing Pep has over Arians is that he has a QB with an extra year of experience.

    We might very well have the worst offensive weapons in the NFL right now. You certainly couldn't say that about last year's bunch. We had multiple weapons at our disposal.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-27-2013 at 09:28 AM.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  26. #272
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,373

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    No. We have Andrew Luck, TRich, Hilton, Fleener, all one year older. Those guys were all rooks last year.
    Andrew Luck alone is one of the best offensive weapons in the league. If anything I'll give you a draw. Either way our offense last year was leap years ahead of this offense. My point still stands; Arians > Pep.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-27-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  27. #273
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,437

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. We have Andrew Luck, TRich, Hilton, Fleener, all one year older. Those guys were all rooks last year.
    Andrew Luck alone is one of the best offensive weapons in the league.

    And we're minus a security blanket HOF WR who had one of the best seasons of his career, Donnie Avery (better than DHB), Allen (probably cancels Fleener out or close to it), and a running game that was better than this year's.

    Last year's offensive weapons: HOF'er Wayne, Hilton, Avery, Allen, solid running game with Vick Ballard/better O-Line

    Current offensive weapons: Hilton, Fleener, DHB (he barely counts), and a poor running game.

    I'd much rather have a rookie Luck who can throw to one of the greatest receivers of all time than I would a second year Luck who has a miserable group of offensive weapons. Reggie Wayne is infinitely more important to this offense than one year's worth of growth from Luck considering that Luck was already very good last year. Tom Brady is one of the greatest QB's in the history of the game, but he was off at the beginning of this season when he was throwing to a bunch of guys who he had never even heard of. It doesn't matter how much Luck grows if his weapons are complete crap like they are right now. It's very hard to ask a second year quarterback to compensate for this.

    I'm a huge critic of Pep, but what he has to work with right now is complete crap compared to what we had 12 months ago. And I'm not arguing against Arians being better than Pep because clearly is a superior offensive mind. He would find better ways to get T.Y. the ball and would roll Luck out more. But that doesn't change the fact that he had more at his disposal than Pep does now. Our offensive weapons suck right now.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-27-2013 at 09:51 AM.

  28. #274
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,201

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    While I agree that Arians would have certainly done a better job than Pep (don't know what the extend would be tbf), I'm also sure we would be here, once again, ruining his ultra offensive mentality with the bombs down the field, Luck's picks and getting hit (the same thing happens under pep of course) way too often.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  29. #275
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,911

    Default Re: Week 12: @ Cardinals

    I think IF either TRich OR the OL were better it would help the other somewhat. But as it is, neither is good enough to have a positive impact on the other so it's all negatives all the way around.

    Added in is losing Reggie Wayne on top of all the other losses this season.

    The offense's lack of ability to get anything going is impacting the defense negatively. You cannot go the entire first half without converting a 3rd down.

    David "Take a Knee!!!" Reed's poor decisions in the end zone have not helped and I don't know why it took so long to address that.

    DHB cannot catch deep balls even though he has the speed. So we should utilize him more with short, safe, passes and try and exploit his speed for YAC. He's simply not a deep threat and the opposing team doesn't have to respect him even as a possibility. He's not exactly Mr. Hands on the short passes either, but at least he has some ability to catch those. Maybe it would even improve if we focused on that part of his game. Let TY be the speedster.

    Try and let the passing game open up the running game. It's clearly not working the other way around and we end up HAVING to abandon the running game once the hole is deep enough.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •