Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Incorporating Copeland

Default Incorporating Copeland

INcorporating Cope..

like what I saw from him these past 2 days. I know he's a liability on D..but he has those 3s back like he had with the Knicks. How can we use him more? It would be dope to have a scoring lineup with Hill-George-Cope-West-Hibb...this is not a starting lineup but not only do we have 3 shooters, we still have our defense core still in.

Default Re: Imcorporating Copeland

Taj Gibson is better than Boozer which is one reason why Copeland was schooled. Against many teams including Miami, unless LeBron is playing PF, Copeland could be quite an asset.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm just going to re-post what I wrote in the Post-Game thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that Copeland did fairly poorly yesterday night when he got minutes....but I also feel that he was a victim of a poor rotation. In a small ball lineup where he is the "stretch 4", he has to be paired up with a defensive presense in the paint. He was paired up with Scola for the majority of his minutes.....not Mahinmi or Hibbert. As a result....I know that he's used as a stretch 4 and not known for his defense....but Gibson was able to abuse Copeland in the paint

I'm okay with him being used in certain situations....but having him not be on the floor with the right combination of Players, where he is on the floor with some 4 Man combination of Hibbert ( or Mahinmi ), PG24, GH or Lance.....is important. Having him on the floor with most of the 2nd unit where the defense is not focusing on someone that can kick it out to him won't work.
    I noticed that this was the first time that Copeland was used in regular non-garbage minutes. The rotation that Vogel used doesn't seem like a good fit. As 31Since1990 said....it's a matter of who Copeland is paired up with that will make him effective.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

bench Solomon Hill for him, anyone else see Sam Young 2.0 in Solomon Hill?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    I see a rookie that still needs to work on his game that I have no idea what he can contribute or get a better understanding of what he can and cannot do until his 2nd season ( see OJ ).

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Copeland's 3 point percentage is up to .545. He's 6-for-11 on the season.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea, Copeland needs Solo's minutes at this point. I trust our defense to cover for Copeland more than I trust our offense to cover for Solo.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

I made this comparison last night, but that was purely out of frustration. He looks very skittish out there on offense, though, and I can't imagine the drop-off on defense between he and Copeland would be large enough to preclude Chris from getting those minutes. If Copeland is hustling on defense, as I imagine he will, then he should take the rotation spot.

Overall, I'm not a fan of splitting minutes between OJ and Solo. Neither player has enough on-court time to get into a rhythm or comfort zone.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 11-17-2013 at 01:18 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Yea, Copeland needs Solo's minutes at this point. I trust our defense to cover for Copeland more than I trust our offense to cover for Solo.
    Depends on the lineup. I am okay with Solo or Copeland if either of them are the 4th / 5th scoring option.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Depends on the lineup. I am okay with Solo or Copeland if either of them are the 4th / 5th scoring option.
    I trust Paul George to score while sitting on the bench more than I trust Solo to score while on the court.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

I trust Paul George to score while sitting on the bench more than I trust Solo to score while on the court.
    Solomon Hill has attempted 10 three-pointers this season, and judging by his shot selection and general offensive shyness, he must have been wide open for at least 8 of them (he only converted on one of those attempts, by the way). If we gave those same opportunities to Copeland, I'm sure we'd have more points to show for it. For those that say the defense wouldn't leave Copeland as open, that's a solid counter-point, but a defense that's keyed in to Copeland is a weaker defense for Paul George and company to attack. Lastly, if you want to eventually unload Copeland's contract to make more room for Lance - or for whatever reason - it would be best to allow the kid to play again and demonstrate his value.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Right now I am more concerned with how to get Orlando in a position to drive to the basket, from the top of the key, more often with the second unit.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Solo hasn't been bad, but he hasn't really done anything to stand out either. I think Cope has looked pretty good for not getting many minutes, but his playing time will probably depend on the other team's 4 coming into the second unit.

That's really unfair to Sam Young who actually is a very good defensive player. Solomon Hill simply isn't ready for prime time. The good news is, he's a worker and bound to get better.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I personally want to see a Copeland/Scola pairing against 2nd units more often. Yes, the defense will be lacking, but offensively that could give a couple of minutes of offensive spark that we need.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How many other teams have backup 3's that are capable of going off offensively? Plus it's not like Solo is a defensive ace who's shutting other guys down.

He obviously needs some good D-League experience in order to get some type of confidence in his game. Right now though, the kid is lost and teams are just playing him for the pass, which is taking away from any type of chance for offensive rhythm--which is causing us a lot of headaches early in the 2nd qtr

Copeland can shoot and score fairly well. If he struggles defensively for 6 mins in the 2nd, but is able to hit 1-2 shots then it's probably a wash. This is much better than the net negative that Hill is giving us
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 11-17-2013 at 03:04 PM.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I hope that, if a change is made in the rotation, it is made because it makes sense and there will still be chemistry within the unit. Not because we finally lost a basketball game. I trust that Vogel is smarter than us. (Sorry us.)

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Incorporating Copeland

Cope shouldn't get big minutes of course, but he needs to get Solo's minutes. As long as he's in with the right group and he hustles, the rest can cover his defensive struggles. His offense can be a big asset stretching the floor.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I hope that, if a change is made in the rotation, it is made because it makes sense and there will still be chemistry within the unit. Not because we finally lost a basketball game. I trust that Vogel is smarter than us. (Sorry us.)
    A lot of people were saying Solo was hurting us during our win streak, this is not because of the loss.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the rotations should be set by the all star game as to who gets minutes with whom.

Sports Logo

Solo...just like Copeland....should only be trusted to be the 4th/5th scoring option on the floor....as in the guy that is open that can take a jumpshot when the defense collapses on the 1st and 2nd scoring options.

Their role on the Team ( for now ) isn't to be instant or consistent offense....their role is to be the guy that can hit an open Jumpshot and/or be the "glue guy" that helps out the rest of the Team.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry if already posted. Copeland had some procedure done in the off season. Maybe he was always scheduled to get minutes but wasn't fully ready because of his off season procedure. So Solo getting so much time may have been more about Copeland not being ready and not about being out played or being a better fit.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

YES.. YES.. YES... Solomon Hill has no shot at the moment, He's not ready to contribute to a championship level team. Cope provides deadly shooting, Dude is shooting 50% for the season.. Get Solomon out of the lineup please.. He can't pass, Shoot and commits silly fouls. I get SO ANGRY watching him play. I get Sam Young flashbacks at an amazing rate, When he's on the floor.

By me ^^

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm okay with Cope's current spot in the location, as long as Frank is a little quicker about getting him in when we are down big. I like Solomon getting minutes now, and like Lance two years ago I think he will be planted firmly on the bench in the second half. Heck, there are nights where he plays better than OJ and they're really not that far apart.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    Incorporating Copeland.
    You mean inCOPEration ??

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post: