View Poll Results: Who will it be???

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roy Hibbert

    57 100.00%
  • Someone else

    0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 80

Thread: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

  1. #51
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,526

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, if they beat us, I hope they don't celebrate like it...
    If they win, let em. We will have the best record in the NBA and be tied with them head-to-head.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  2. #52
    Member CoolHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    303
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they win, let em. We will have the best record in the NBA and be tied with them head-to-head.
    I was making a jab @ Rose... when he commented on us beating them up there and saying we celebrated like we won the champinship or something..

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:


  4. #53

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Pacers undefeated. Hoosiers undefeated. Life is good

  5. #54
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Ian Mahinmi continues his Buster Keaton-esque ways. From the amazing catch and shoot in transition (that he nailed) to the putback which he airballed because he ran into Scola's back, he continues to emerge as my favorite player.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  7. #55
    This must be a bad dream.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not really where I want to be.
    Posts
    1,369
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So much of this is better than I could have imagined. Acquiring West was a coup. Hill was a great pickup. Hibbert turned out better than anyone on earth expected. Paul George is playing like Kobe Bryant. I could have sworn when we drafted Lance that it was a huge mistake and he didn't even have the capability to guard either PG or SG. Wonder what JOb is thinking about now.
    JOB: "9-0 start? It's irrelevant."
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

  8. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JOB: "9-0 start? It's irrelevant."
    For us, I think you've got it all wrong.

    Wonder what the unnamed one is thinking.

    That's what's irrelevant. It's irrelevant to even care what he is thinking.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  10. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about Isaiah Thomas and Ramon Sessions? Have to imagine Andre Miller is still in the conversation too.

    I'm content with Watson, and I've feared/liked him since his season in Chicago. I just don't know that he's the best backup.
    I think if we are looking at the backup PGs of other teams and saying this one or that one is better than Watson, then we are probably getting too caught up in statistics.

    Nine games in may be a bit early to say it, but when considering what this team tries to do at each end of the floor, to me CJ seems to be the best fit we've had at backup PG that we've had in a long, long time. Beyond that, he is able to start into the starting lineup without a significant drop off in overall starting unit performance.

    I think this fact makes it pretty important to find a way to keep CJ in years going forward, as long as he continues at least at his current performance. It's been very difficult for the Pacers to achieve this in a PG off the bench.

    But, although not as overall important, I think we should also consider Sloan. All I want from my third string PG is someone who can play steady for a few minutes here and there, not commit too many TOs and essentially keep the wheels on the bus. So far, in very limited action, we've gotten much, much more than that from Sloan.

    I really give the Pacers kudos for finally acquiring a couple of backup PGs that seem to completely fit our needs. I don't really know that I would take any other PGs in the league who currently play similar roles for their teams. FIT is more important, and as we already know through several years of experience, when it comes to backup PGs, the grass is rarely greener on the other side of the hill. Be happy when you have what you need.

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  12. #58
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13



    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  13. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  14. #59
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    465
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We gotta get a loss somewhere, I just do not want it to come against the Bulls, Heat, or Knicks.
    Nor Clippers, Golden State, or San Antonio. Then, we'll be in their heads as well.

  15. #60
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,167

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Imagine if we got spanked by the Bulls. We can be sure they will be as ready as they possibly can be tonight.

    BTW, Rose didn't play last night. Is he going to play tonight?

  16. #61
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We haven't exactly played the toughest schedule either. Neither the Nets or Bulls are playing up to their potential in any way, and the rest of the teams are low seed playoff teams at best.
    Funny thing about that - if we're one of the top 4 seeds in the league, then every team but 3 will be "lower competition". Especially early in the season, when some of the reason they are losing is because the Pacers beat them.

    If we'd started by playing the teams that started out hot and gotten beat, would we have the excuse that those were the hot teams at the time? No, we'd be getting raked over the coals for not being as good as anyone thought. It's like winning is luck of the draw, losing is because you suck.

    Who had 9 games in the "but the schedule is easy" pool?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  18. #62

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome


    When he turned his back after that shot I said "Paul Motherf***king George"

  19. #63

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome


    That is pretty epic considering where he was offensively two years ago.

  20. #64

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Wonder what JOb is thinking about now.

    WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Is he even in the NBA this year? Not that I give a ****.

  21. #65
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Besides Mayo, Milwaukee doesn't really have much talent, but I felt the Pacers played well. Roy was huge, and Paul's midrange game this season has been spectacular. Lance was impressive as usual around the rim.

    I was a little disappointed with the crowd attendance though. You've got an 8-0 team playing on a Friday night, and I realize it's the Bucks...but comon. It wasn't a Tuesday.

  22. #66
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,302

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    16,000 people to see the Pacer destroy a crappy Bucks team in an 18,000 seat facility is more than acceptable IMO.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  24. #67
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,959

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Guys, you seriously need to read the Bucks Game Thread in RealGM. I almost died. It's effin' hilarious
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  26. #68
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    I always like reading articles from the other city

    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...232159181.html

    Pacers 104, Bucks 77
    Bucks can't keep pace with undefeated Pacers' Hibbert, George

    Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...#ixzz2kpJXwdKv
    Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter


    Indianapolis — Miroslav Raduljica is a big guy, listed in the Milwaukee Bucks media guide at 7-foot-1 and 280 pounds.

    But Raduljica was pushed around and outmaneuvered by 7-2 Indiana center Roy Hibbert on Friday night at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

    Hibbert proved unstoppable as the Indiana Pacers cruised to a 104-77 victory, improving to 9-0 and remaining the only unbeaten team in the National Basketball Association. The Pacers center just missed a triple-double with season highs of 24 points and eight blocks to go along with 10 rebounds.

    "This is maybe the strongest guy I've ever played, the biggest and longest," said Raduljica, the 25-year-old rookie from Serbia. "This guy is really long.

    "I did my best to ride him off and box out. He's really tough. I've never played against guys like this."

    Bucks coach Larry Drew threw several defenders at Hibbert, including veteran Zaza Pachulia, Ekpe Udoh and Raduljica.

    "We threw what we had at him, but it didn't seem to affect him at all," Drew said. "You try to take something away and you give something else up.

    "That team is playing really well right now. They're getting it from their starters and they're getting it from their bench guys."

    Udoh was in foul trouble from the start and was limited to 15 minutes in a starting role.

    "With Ekpe in foul trouble and really having to keep an eye on Zaza's minutes, you've got to throw the next big body on Hibbert," Drew said. "And it happened to be Miroslav."

    Raduljica played 18 minutes and had four points, six rebounds, two blocks and three fouls.

    "I'm collecting experience," Raduljica said. "This is my first year. I'm listening to Zaza, listening to other guys. I'm doing my best when I get a chance."

    When the Bucks made a 9-0 run at the beginning of the third quarter to trim a 15-point deficit to six, the Pacers answered immediately behind Paul George.

    Indiana stretched its lead to 75-61 entering the final quarter as George hit 5 of 7 shots and scored 10 of his 22 points in the period.

    "He's an all-star," Drew said. "He has the ability to take that team on his back. When we closed within six, he seemed to take it upon himself to get that team going."
    O.J. Mayo led the Bucks (2-6) with 20 points but they lost their fourth straight game. Khris Middleton and Gary Neal each had 11 points.

    Pachulia was just 2 for 14 from the field but had a game-high 11 rebounds.

    "I know Pachulia has given me problems in the past in Atlanta," Hibbert said of the former Hawks player. "I just took it upon myself as a mental challenge to overcome that and give it my all."
    George said the Pacers have a winning formula.

    "This is the same story every night," he said. "We come out and play hard. We make them shoot jump shots, and our big front line comes away with the boards. We know we can hold our own with any team with our defense."
    The Bucks had 10 available players, although they were missing Larry Sanders, Caron Butler, Brandon Knight and Ersan Ilyasova, all out with injuries.

    But point guard Luke Ridnour returned for his first game this season after being sidelined with a herniated disc in his back. Ridnour played 21 minutes and had four points and one assist.
    "For not practicing and whatever, the first time going live in over two weeks, I'll take it," Ridnour said. "I'm obviously not where I want to be yet.

    "It's good to get out there and feel OK."

    The Pacers will head to Chicago to face the Bulls on Saturday night. Indiana's nine consecutive victories are the most it has recorded as an NBA franchise, although the Pacers won 11 in a row as an ABA team in 1972-'73.
    The last team to start a season with nine straight victories was Dallas during the 2002-'03 season when the Mavericks opened with a 14-0 record.

    "Hibbert is a load down there, the way he is playing," Ridnour said. "And they're undefeated so there's a reason why.

    "Their team is good. They have a chance to win it (an NBA title). They're built for it."

    The Bucks concluded a three-game road trip and headed home to play their fourth game in five nights as they meet the Oklahoma City Thunder on Saturday night.


    Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...#ixzz2kpJg72B9
    Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  28. #69
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,247

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys, you seriously need to read the Bucks Game Thread in RealGM. I almost died. It's effin' hilarious
    Wow, this is pure gold.

  29. #70
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,856

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, this is pure gold.
    Link please?
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  30. #71
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,079
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Sounds like PD 5 years ago.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  32. #72
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who had 9 games in the "but the schedule is easy" pool?
    If I remember correctly, we all thought the beginning of the season had a pretty difficult schedule. Games against 2 of the projected top-4 teams in the East, 4 games in 5 nights, plenty of road work. I'm not buying the "strength of schedule" argument.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  33. #73
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,247

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Link please?
    I'm not sure if I am suppose to post a link to RealGM here or not, but its just the RealGM forums under the Bucks board.

    It is like reading a Bill Simmons article. All their players seem to be giving military ranks on who is the leader of driving the tank hahaha. They give out deflated balls to the worst player on their team each game. Its hilarious.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  35. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,392

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I remember correctly, we all thought the beginning of the season had a pretty difficult schedule. Games against 2 of the projected top-4 teams in the East, 4 games in 5 nights, plenty of road work. I'm not buying the "strength of schedule" argument.
    That's because you're a homer. Outside of the Orlando game, every team we've played has had a worse record than us. How do you explain that? Hint: You Can't! None of the teams on our entire 2013 schedule have even clinched a playoff spot yet. I can't imagine an easier set-up.

  36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  37. #75

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I remember correctly, we all thought the beginning of the season had a pretty difficult schedule. Games against 2 of the projected top-4 teams in the East, 4 games in 5 nights, plenty of road work. I'm not buying the "strength of schedule" argument.
    I'm buying it somewhat. Six home games versus three road games. Only team in the NBA with only 1 game against a team .500 or above (even taking out the Pacers games only takes two other teams to .500). IIRC, the computer ratings all have the Pacers schedule as the easiest in the NBA so far, and for some of them it's not even close.

    Where I disagree somewhat is that people tend to just look at the teams and not things like the 5 in 7 nights which has made the Pacers schedule harder. Also, there are teams who have struggled so far who the Pacers have played who will have a great record by the end of the season. And obviously the biggest caveat-there isn't any evidence to show that a better schedule so far=more losses. A greater chance for some, but the Pacers have done all they can do with their current schedule by steamrolling their opponents and already having 5 double digit wins.

    The West is already 24-16 so far this year against the East, so I would expect the Pacers schedule to end up as one of the 5 easiest once again. It gets tougher (especially that early December stretch) but it's not like this team is going to hit the gauntlet for a long stretch at some point either.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •