View Poll Results: Who will it be???

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roy Hibbert

    57 100.00%
  • Someone else

    0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80

Thread: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    NINE WINS AND ZERO LOSSES!!!!!!!!!!

    HISTORY CONTINUES TO BE MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Last edited by Trophy; 11-15-2013 at 09:29 PM.

  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,939

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Let's go for 41-0!

  4. #3
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,040
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13



  5. The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  6. #4

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Oh my goodness... I'm not going to be home tomorrow night.... is there anyway to watch FSI through broadband yet???
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,939

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh my goodness... I'm not going to be home tomorrow night.... is there anyway to watch FSI through broadband yet???
    Yeah, but it is illegal.

  8. #6
    "I'm your huckleberry"
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    672

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    On the precipice of 10-0.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the precipice of 10-0.
    It won't be easy. Chicago will be amped and seeking revenge.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,474

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It won't be easy. Chicago will be amped and seeking revenge.
    Yes. The Bulls are going to treat tomorrow like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  14. #9

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but it is illegal.
    Well, I have league pass but pacers will be blacked out where I will be. ugh.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  15. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,939

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    90.5% 19-21 FT%

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Starters didn't end up playing big minutes so they should have enough in the tank against the Bulls.

  18. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,131

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Starters didn't end up playing big minutes so they should have enough in the tank against the Bulls.
    The Bulls killed the Raptors tonight. Toronto had 22 points halfway through the second quarter. And yet:

    Kirk Hinrich played 40 minutes. Luol Deng played 38. Jimmy Butler and Carlos Boozer played 34 and 33.

    #Thibs
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  20. #13
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Copeland is clearly the player of the game... happy to see his confidence coming back

    Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,231

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Chicago is undefeated at home if I am not mistaken. It is going to be an extremely tough game, especially after we kinda challenged them by saying "Its our division until they take it from us." after the last game.

    We gotta get a loss somewhere, I just do not want it to come against the Bulls, Heat, or Knicks.

  23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    445
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We gotta get a loss somewhere, I just do not want it to come against the Bulls, Heat, or Knicks.
    Nor Clippers, Golden State, or San Antonio. Then, we'll be in their heads as well.

  25. #16
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    It's super early, but so far this is the greatest Pacers team I've ever seen. Incredible.

  26. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  27. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,939

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's super early, but so far this is the greatest Pacers team I've ever seen. Incredible.
    We haven't exactly played the toughest schedule either. Neither the Nets or Bulls are playing up to their potential in any way, and the rest of the teams are low seed playoff teams at best.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  29. #18
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We haven't exactly played the toughest schedule either. Neither the Nets or Bulls are playing up to their potential in any way, and the rest of the teams are low seed playoff teams at best.
    The way we're playing, I think we'd win even if they were playing better.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  31. #19

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We haven't exactly played the toughest schedule either. Neither the Nets or Bulls are playing up to their potential in any way, and the rest of the teams are low seed playoff teams at best.
    The competition may not be as good, but we did play 5 games in 7 nights which is difficult in itself.

  32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We haven't exactly played the toughest schedule either. Neither the Nets or Bulls are playing up to their potential in any way, and the rest of the teams are low seed playoff teams at best.
    Funny thing about that - if we're one of the top 4 seeds in the league, then every team but 3 will be "lower competition". Especially early in the season, when some of the reason they are losing is because the Pacers beat them.

    If we'd started by playing the teams that started out hot and gotten beat, would we have the excuse that those were the hot teams at the time? No, we'd be getting raked over the coals for not being as good as anyone thought. It's like winning is luck of the draw, losing is because you suck.

    Who had 9 games in the "but the schedule is easy" pool?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  35. #21
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who had 9 games in the "but the schedule is easy" pool?
    If I remember correctly, we all thought the beginning of the season had a pretty difficult schedule. Games against 2 of the projected top-4 teams in the East, 4 games in 5 nights, plenty of road work. I'm not buying the "strength of schedule" argument.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  36. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I remember correctly, we all thought the beginning of the season had a pretty difficult schedule. Games against 2 of the projected top-4 teams in the East, 4 games in 5 nights, plenty of road work. I'm not buying the "strength of schedule" argument.
    That's because you're a homer. Outside of the Orlando game, every team we've played has had a worse record than us. How do you explain that? Hint: You Can't! None of the teams on our entire 2013 schedule have even clinched a playoff spot yet. I can't imagine an easier set-up.

  37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  38. #23

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I remember correctly, we all thought the beginning of the season had a pretty difficult schedule. Games against 2 of the projected top-4 teams in the East, 4 games in 5 nights, plenty of road work. I'm not buying the "strength of schedule" argument.
    I'm buying it somewhat. Six home games versus three road games. Only team in the NBA with only 1 game against a team .500 or above (even taking out the Pacers games only takes two other teams to .500). IIRC, the computer ratings all have the Pacers schedule as the easiest in the NBA so far, and for some of them it's not even close.

    Where I disagree somewhat is that people tend to just look at the teams and not things like the 5 in 7 nights which has made the Pacers schedule harder. Also, there are teams who have struggled so far who the Pacers have played who will have a great record by the end of the season. And obviously the biggest caveat-there isn't any evidence to show that a better schedule so far=more losses. A greater chance for some, but the Pacers have done all they can do with their current schedule by steamrolling their opponents and already having 5 double digit wins.

    The West is already 24-16 so far this year against the East, so I would expect the Pacers schedule to end up as one of the 5 easiest once again. It gets tougher (especially that early December stretch) but it's not like this team is going to hit the gauntlet for a long stretch at some point either.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:


  40. #24

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I remember correctly, we all thought the beginning of the season had a pretty difficult schedule. Games against 2 of the projected top-4 teams in the East, 4 games in 5 nights, plenty of road work. I'm not buying the "strength of schedule" argument.
    It should have been tough, but some teams aren't playing to their potential. Not the Pacers problem.

    I do think those making like the schedule has been easy are being disingenuous. Many of those same people probably had the Nets and Bulls seeded higher in the playoffs.

    I think another problem is the way the East is stacked. Only four teams are above .500. The team many expected to be terrible is .500. And only one other team is more than one game above .500. Seems like the Pacers are going to have an easy schedule throughout the season because the East is easy..
    Last edited by Sookie; 11-16-2013 at 01:55 PM.

  41. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,939

    Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread 11/15/13

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny thing about that - if we're one of the top 4 seeds in the league, then every team but 3 will be "lower competition". Especially early in the season, when some of the reason they are losing is because the Pacers beat them.

    If we'd started by playing the teams that started out hot and gotten beat, would we have the excuse that those were the hot teams at the time? No, we'd be getting raked over the coals for not being as good as anyone thought. It's like winning is luck of the draw, losing is because you suck.

    Who had 9 games in the "but the schedule is easy" pool?
    I apparently didn't make my point clear enough. Hicks said this was the best Pacer team he has seen, I was just trying to make a point that this team hasn't truly been tested yet. I wasn't trying to diminish being 9-0, only that you don't know what you have until you play competition that can test you.

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •