Thread: Target, K-Mart, and Marshalls will be open Christmas day

Default Target, K-Mart, and Marshalls will be open Christmas day

Hope the people working these days were volunteers but I doubt it

http://usindexlive.com/stores-open-f...ales-1857.html

Stores Open for Christmas 2013 Target and Kmart Christmas Sales

Stores Open for ChristmasWith all the offers and discounts that are being run by nearly all stores these days, most people are busy doing their shopping for the holiday season right now. However, not everyone has the time or even more so, the inclination to shop for Christmas right now. It can be difficult for such people to successfully get done with shopping on Christmas Day itself, as most stores are closed on this day, letting the employees enjoy a holiday, too. A few stores, however, remain open and run Christmas sales. Here are the details of the same:

Target stores will be open and working on Christmas Day, 2013. There are a lot of items to buy from Target, and many discounts and offers to be had on holiday related items, such as lights and other decorations. The stores will be open from two o’clock to six or seven o’clock on December 25th, so be sure to get your shopping done in time if you are delaying it till Christmas Day.

K-Mart is also going to be open on this Christmas Day, from noon till five o’clock. K-mart has announced that it will offer some great discounts on holiday merchandise, such as decorations (including trees and ornaments), and there will be a clearance sale for holiday toys. You can even expect to see some fabulous discounts on makeup and apparel, so if you have to pick a last-minute gift, you could head to K-mart stores near you.

In more good news for the last-minute shoppers, Marshalls is also set to be open on Christmas Day. You can do your shopping there from around three o’clock to seven o’clock. Christmas trees, tree ornaments, lights etc. will be sold at a discount of up to fifty percent in some cases. This looking for holiday outfits can also turn their steps towards Marshalls: expect discounts of up to twenty percent on holiday outfits of all kinds.

These are stores that will be open to serve you on Christmas Day, but be sure to get there in time if you want to enjoy specials and discounts.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Target, K-Mart, and Marshalls will be open Christmas day

Ah hell nah!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope they have nobody show up so they get nothing out of it but a big fat electric bill and payroll hit for opening the store. But we all know people will be there and news crews will film it so whatever...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They are only meeting the demand of the public. I guarantee they will have plenty of people shopping to make it worth it. Everyone was up in arms about when the stores were opening for thanksgiving, but those stores were full with people so it was a no brainer for the stores.

I did not support the stores that opened early doe Thanksgiving and will not be supporting these three on Christmas either.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

So are they running some kind of extra special sales to get people out or do they think they'll be cleaning up on last minute gifts, batteries, and being 'value added' by being open and immediately allowing people to return/exchange unwanted gifts among other things?

Black Friday, and then the expansion to Thanksgiving, has always had the force of sale prices bringing people out with the bonus of people shopping for gift bargains and trying to get a head start (or even completion) of their Christmas shopping.

Not sure that being open Christmas really has the same 'value' to people...

I'm not really crazy about the idea because I don't think it's all that necessary... if not counter productive for society. I can understand some gas stations and food places (be it grocery or restaurants) but for the most part the culture doesn't improve IMHO by always being pedal on the metal and not taking a break (just to slow down and/or have time for friends and family).
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

To me this is so wrong. I work in retail as well and we get 2 days off a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Target in San Antonio where my in-laws live was not open. The CVS across the street had a steady flow all day though.