54 61.36%
  • Too close too call

23 26.14%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

Nothing simple about this poll.

The Indiana Pacers from 94-03 averaged 50 wins a season, 5 ECF's, 1 NBA Finals.

Great Run. only one Banner missing.

What you say.

Will Paul George, Roy Hibbert, George Hill, DWEST, Lance and crew become the most dominant Pacers Teams ever.
    Last edited by PacersPride; 11-14-2013 at 11:08 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

George! He is the superstar the Pacers have been looking for and he is special!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George! He is the superstar the Pacers have been looking for and he is special!
    Reggie was a superstar in his own right. damn those missed free throws vs ny. I voted PG.

31 s heroics will nvr be duplicated. I need a game winner. i go miller over bird.

not sure if Bender would have been part of the Miller era or created his own. I will say this. Bender had way more talent than JO could ever dream of.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you're going off solely championship(s)...I think this group has a pretty realistic chance of getting a title here in the next 3 years. However, for me, it's similar to Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck...sure Andrew Luck is the shiny new toy and will be a great one when it's all said and done, but guys like Reggie and Peyton in their eras laid the foundation for those guys to follow.

Mood

This Era for sure. We have the chance to win multiple titles and that's really all that needs to be said. The 90s teams were great, but they don't have no where near the talent this team has now. Plus Paul George is being talked about as a top 3 player right now...I love Reggie, but he was never even top ten in the league at any point in his career. I think our chemistry as a team right now even rivals the 90s teams. So yeah I have to go with this Era for sure.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

far too early

9. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

PG has all the opportunity to do so, but as of now it's not even close. Reggie, Reggie, Reggie.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Far too early, anyways I think it is more of the Hibbert era than George era. George will get the attention, but Hibbert is what makes this team work. You can replace George with a Granger level player and this team will still kick ***(not as good obviously, but still championship caliber), but if you take out Hibbert the only way this team is anything more than the Hawks is if you have one of the top 3 centers in the league.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

George may very well end up being the better player. But I can't imagine ever loving him more than Reggie.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

I firmly believe George's era will involve championships. I repeat. championshipS. Therefore, I vote George
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." Larry Bird

Too early to tell. For now Miller's era has been better until George proves otherwise.

PG and the rest has so much time in their hands to exceed the 90's Pacers as the core is very young. One championship is enough to exceed it, but for now let's see how this squad will do from this season onwards.

Paul has done nothing to supplant Reggie . . . yet.

Plus this year may be the only real shot George gets at a championship. Simon doesn't want to pay any tax.

Way, way to soon to be asking such a question with next years break up on the horizon. We could lose both Danny and Lance.

I'm already kind of miffed because of what will probably happen next year!
    Last edited by Will Galen; 11-15-2013 at 12:28 AM.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    George may very well end up being the better player. But I can't imagine ever loving him more than Reggie.
    PG already is, and it isn't close. So was JO before the injuries. Hell, Danny probably was.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Right now it's still Reggie and PG has the potential. He has to show the durability that Reggie did for several years and at the very least get us to the finals. It may be hard to keep the talent around Paul that Reggie had for as long though due to the new cba.
    I'd disagree with the notion that this team is more talented, it's talented and different but our 90's teams as a whole were a little more talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    PG already is, and it isn't close. So was JO before the injuries. Hell, Danny probably was.
    When I say better player I meant over their career. JO had a few decent offensive years, but his overall bad offense and his injury problems preclude him from being a better player than Reggie.

George could stand pat for a few years and be fine, I would imagine, but this is a fickle game so many things could happen. * Knock on wood*

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't be here rooting for Paul George and his Pacers were it not for Reginald Wayne Miller and HIS Pacers.

Don't get me wrong, statistically and achievements-wise PG may eventually out-do Reggie in some or nearly all areas, but in my book no athlete will EVER replace Reggie.

PG and our core could win 5 straight championships and that wouldn't change in my mind. When you idolize someone so completely for your entire childhood, formative years, and into your college days, that's pretty darn well cemented for life.

So, my vote goes to Reggie easily.

With that being said, I LOVE THIS CURRENT TEAM and I've never been as proud of a Pacers TEAM as I am this one since Frank took over. The 2013+ Pacers may end up as the "Best" Pacers team of all time, and Paul may end up the "Best" Pacer of all time. But Reggie is Reggie. Sorry, Paul, still love ya though!

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paul George is already a better all around player than Reggie Miller was.

However, Reggie put Indiana on the map. He captured the hearts of everyone being the leader of the underdogs. Paul George might accomplish more for the state of Indiana, but I don't think he will surpass Reggie's legacy for the state.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

We shall see. Championship or bust.

We made five ECF's in Reggie's prime (and a sixth when he was an old man) which included one NBA Finals. That's no walk in the park. I'm a huge PG fan and I absolutely love our team, but I want to see them get to another conference Finals before I start comparing them to the Reggie era.

The sky is the limit right now though. PG is looking like he is developing an offensive game that could take over in the playoffs, which is something we must have. Reggie's ability to do that is a major reason we routinely advanced so far. Our defense will obviously carry us throughout the season and into the playoffs, but we still need to have that player who can take over a game offensively because our defense can only do so much to a team like the Heat. We need a guy who can go toe to toe with LBJ (or at least come close), and it looks like PG is developing into that player. His offense was very good in the series last year and it looks like he will be able to kick it up another notch this year.

Whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Can we just concentrate on getting 70 wins first?

29. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Paul has done nothing to supplant Reggie . . . yet.

Plus this year may be the only real shot George gets at a championship. Simon doesn't want to pay any tax.

Way, way to soon to be asking such a question with next years break up on the horizon. We could lose both Danny and Lance.

I'm already kind of miffed because of what will probably happen next year!
    I am with you on that sentiment. Next year will tell us a lot about how committed Mr Simon is about getting a
    championship or just having a great team. I am extremely grateful for what he has done for this franchise but I believe it is time for him to step up to the plate and go all in on keeping this team together. It is special.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo

If they win a title you could start talking about that, Had they traded Rick instead of AD we might have won that title in 2000 (heck if they would have left Jeff Foster on the active playoff roster instead of Bender we might have won it with his disruptive hands messing with the Lakers)

Reggie never played with a rim protector like Hibbert. There were many many many games and playoff games where Reggie put the team on his back and did it all, I have not yet seen PG win a game where the rest of the team stands around and watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    If they win a title you could start talking about that, Had they traded Rick instead of AD we might have won that title in 2000 (heck if they would have left Jeff Foster on the active playoff roster instead of Bender we might have won it with his disruptive hands messing with the Lakers)

The Raptors wouldn't have traded the 5th pick for a guy like Smits who was at the end of the road. They wanted AD because he still had some game left.

The smart thing would have been to not do any trade at all. Even we would have drafted a guy like Marion, it would have still been a bad trade for a team that should have been in "win now" mode. The fact that we managed to draft a bust in an otherwise loaded draft just made it a complete disaster.

Let's revisit this thread in 2027.

Roy Hibbert > Dale Davis
    Rik Smits > David West
    Mark Jackson > George Hill
    Jalen Rose > Lance Stephenson
    Paul George > Reggie Miller

Very close call....
    David "And One" West