View Poll Results: Miller or George Era

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miller

    11 12.50%
  • George

    54 61.36%
  • Too close too call

    23 26.14%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78

Thread: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Nothing simple about this poll.

    The Indiana Pacers from 94-03 averaged 50 wins a season, 5 ECF's, 1 NBA Finals.

    Great Run. only one Banner missing.

    What you say.

    Will Paul George, Roy Hibbert, George Hill, DWEST, Lance and crew become the most dominant Pacers Teams ever.
    Last edited by PacersPride; 11-14-2013 at 11:08 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  3. #2

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    George! He is the superstar the Pacers have been looking for and he is special!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George! He is the superstar the Pacers have been looking for and he is special!
    Reggie was a superstar in his own right. damn those missed free throws vs ny. I voted PG.

    31 s heroics will nvr be duplicated. I need a game winner. i go miller over bird.


    *
    not sure if Bender would have been part of the Miller era or created his own. I will say this. Bender had way more talent than JO could ever dream of.

  6. #4
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    If you're going off solely championship(s)...I think this group has a pretty realistic chance of getting a title here in the next 3 years. However, for me, it's similar to Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck...sure Andrew Luck is the shiny new toy and will be a great one when it's all said and done, but guys like Reggie and Peyton in their eras laid the foundation for those guys to follow.

  7. #5
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,304
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    This Era for sure. We have the chance to win multiple titles and that's really all that needs to be said. The 90s teams were great, but they don't have no where near the talent this team has now. Plus Paul George is being talked about as a top 3 player right now...I love Reggie, but he was never even top ten in the league at any point in his career. I think our chemistry as a team right now even rivals the 90s teams. So yeah I have to go with this Era for sure.

  8. #6
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    far too early

  9. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  10. #7
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    far too early
    how bout now?

  11. #8
    Member Smits Happens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how bout now?
    We've only played the first half of one regular season since his comment, so yeah, it's still far too early.

  12. #9
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,404

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    PG has all the opportunity to do so, but as of now it's not even close. Reggie, Reggie, Reggie.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,004

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Far too early, anyways I think it is more of the Hibbert era than George era. George will get the attention, but Hibbert is what makes this team work. You can replace George with a Granger level player and this team will still kick ***(not as good obviously, but still championship caliber), but if you take out Hibbert the only way this team is anything more than the Hawks is if you have one of the top 3 centers in the league.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  16. #11

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    George may very well end up being the better player. But I can't imagine ever loving him more than Reggie.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  18. #12
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George may very well end up being the better player. But I can't imagine ever loving him more than Reggie.
    PG already is, and it isn't close. So was JO before the injuries. Hell, Danny probably was.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  20. #13

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG already is, and it isn't close. So was JO before the injuries. Hell, Danny probably was.
    When I say better player I meant over their career. JO had a few decent offensive years, but his overall bad offense and his injury problems preclude him from being a better player than Reggie.

    George could stand pat for a few years and be fine, I would imagine, but this is a fickle game so many things could happen. * Knock on wood*

  21. #14
    Member Romsey31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anguilla, Caribbean
    Age
    29
    Posts
    603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George may very well end up being the better player. But I can't imagine ever loving him more than Reggie.
    #nohomo
    Impossible Is Nothing

  22. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    154

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    I firmly believe George's era will involve championships. I repeat. championshipS. Therefore, I vote George
    Forever struggling to convince myself "In Larry we trust"
    Writer at NoseBleedSectionSports.com

  23. #16

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Too early to tell. For now Miller's era has been better until George proves otherwise.

    PG and the rest has so much time in their hands to exceed the 90's Pacers as the core is very young. One championship is enough to exceed it, but for now let's see how this squad will do from this season onwards.

  24. #17
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Paul has done nothing to supplant Reggie . . . yet.

    Plus this year may be the only real shot George gets at a championship. Simon doesn't want to pay any tax.

    Way, way to soon to be asking such a question with next years break up on the horizon. We could lose both Danny and Lance.

    I'm already kind of miffed because of what will probably happen next year!
    Last edited by Will Galen; 11-15-2013 at 12:28 AM.

  25. #18
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,187

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul has done nothing to supplant Reggie . . . yet.

    Plus this year may be the only real shot George gets at a championship. Simon doesn't want to pay any tax.

    Way, way to soon to be asking such a question with next years break up on the horizon. We could lose both Danny and Lance.

    I'm already kind of miffed because of what will probably happen next year!
    I am with you on that sentiment. Next year will tell us a lot about how committed Mr Simon is about getting a
    championship or just having a great team. I am extremely grateful for what he has done for this franchise but I believe it is time for him to step up to the plate and go all in on keeping this team together. It is special.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  26. #19
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am with you on that sentiment. Next year will tell us a lot about how committed Mr Simon is about getting a
    championship or just having a great team. I am extremely grateful for what he has done for this franchise but I believe it is time for him to step up to the plate and go all in on keeping this team together. It is special.
    Whose to say Simon wont. But I cant see it with the city pumping X amount of $'s into the Franchise and Fieldhouse. Not sure it will go over well for taxpayers. I would have to review but I am under the impression Simon exceeded the LT for the Reggie Miller Era, however those were different economical times.

    Just to clarify, this is not a Reggie vs Paul thread. Its the era of Miller which was pretty damn good for an entire decade vs what the current Pacers team's potential is with George & Hibbert.

  27. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,004

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whose to say Simon wont. But I cant see it with the city pumping X amount of $'s into the Franchise and Fieldhouse. Not sure it will go over well for taxpayers. I would have to review but I am under the impression Simon exceeded the LT for the Reggie Miller Era, however those were different economical times.

    Just to clarify, this is not a Reggie vs Paul thread. Its the era of Miller which was pretty damn good for an entire decade vs what the current Pacers team's potential is with George & Hibbert.
    It was also a time where his brother was alive. Easily could have been his brother's choice to go over, and the tax paid came from his brother's pockets.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  29. #21
    Member CoolHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whose to say Simon wont. But I cant see it with the city pumping X amount of $'s into the Franchise and Fieldhouse. Not sure it will go over well for taxpayers. I would have to review but I am under the impression Simon exceeded the LT for the Reggie Miller Era, however those were different economical times.

    Just to clarify, this is not a Reggie vs Paul thread. Its the era of Miller which was pretty damn good for an entire decade vs what the current Pacers team's potential is with George & Hibbert.
    How about if the city pay's the LT? I'm sure it would pay itself back in the long term if we won multiple championships...

  30. #22
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about if the city pay's the LT? I'm sure it would pay itself back in the long term if we won multiple championships...
    do you think the nBA would allow that?

  31. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,917

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Right now it's still Reggie and PG has the potential. He has to show the durability that Reggie did for several years and at the very least get us to the finals. It may be hard to keep the talent around Paul that Reggie had for as long though due to the new cba.
    I'd disagree with the notion that this team is more talented, it's talented and different but our 90's teams as a whole were a little more talented.

  32. #24
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,856

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    I wouldn't be here rooting for Paul George and his Pacers were it not for Reginald Wayne Miller and HIS Pacers.

    Don't get me wrong, statistically and achievements-wise PG may eventually out-do Reggie in some or nearly all areas, but in my book no athlete will EVER replace Reggie.

    PG and our core could win 5 straight championships and that wouldn't change in my mind. When you idolize someone so completely for your entire childhood, formative years, and into your college days, that's pretty darn well cemented for life.

    So, my vote goes to Reggie easily.

    With that being said, I LOVE THIS CURRENT TEAM and I've never been as proud of a Pacers TEAM as I am this one since Frank took over. The 2013+ Pacers may end up as the "Best" Pacers team of all time, and Paul may end up the "Best" Pacer of all time. But Reggie is Reggie. Sorry, Paul, still love ya though!

  33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  34. #25
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,246

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Paul George Era exceed Miller Era

    Paul George is already a better all around player than Reggie Miller was.

    However, Reggie put Indiana on the map. He captured the hearts of everyone being the leader of the underdogs. Paul George might accomplish more for the state of Indiana, but I don't think he will surpass Reggie's legacy for the state.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •