Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

100% Granger gets you 20pts. 75% of 20, would be 15. Hell lower it to 10pts, that's still nearly 100% better than what OJ gives right now.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100% Granger gets you 20pts. 75% of 20, would be 15. Hell lower it to 10pts, that's still nearly 100% better than what OJ gives right now.
    OK. You go with that.

I'll say that if Granger comes back with that mentality (20 points a game) that the Pacers are in trouble. As lights-out as PG is playing now, he's just under 25 a game. Then Lance at 14. You think Granger is going to go for 20 a nite ??

Toronto's mayor makes an appearance.
    Funny, rude, but funny.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    OK. You go with that.

I'll say that if Granger comes back with that mentality (20 points a game) that the Pacers are in trouble. As lights-out as PG is playing now, he's just under 25 a game. Then Lance at 14. You think Granger is going to go for 20 a nite ??

WTF? Just go back to laughing.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

You said it .... not me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

OK. You go with that.

Granger is going to come back with the mentality of playing within the offense, if he is good enough to supplant Paul as the leading scorer we are in pretty good shape I think.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Those who simply have differing views of Danny can get very rough remarks around here. They think only Vnzla does that, but they would be wrong.
    People have really forgotten how good Danny is and the intangibles he brought to this team. Expecting him to become a black hole locker room cancer.

BTW: It was Danny who excitedly told Lance he was an assist away from a triple double. Heck, it was Danny who told Larry to draft PG.

People get snarky when board members attack Danny, because in a way it's almost offensive. He's given a lot to the Pacers organization, including his prime. Only for a lot of Pacers fans to rather have him off the team. (Why I think it's BS that basketball fans expect players to stay loyal in the first place..)

9. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

You said it .... not me.
    No, actually I didn't. You made it up. I said 14-16pt scorer, which would mean 14-16 average, not the 20pt average you purposefully put in there.

Gotta Play Big

Defense is half the game and a 75% Granger on D isn't as good as OJ or Solo.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    in all fairness i said Granger at 75%.
    I agree with you on this. At this point...I am hoping for a 75% version of Granger when he returns ( which I admit sucks that my expectations has been lowered to a downgraded version of him ).

As you suggest...I too assume that he will be a better option than OJ and Solo ( for the remainder of the season ) due to his experience, size and length IN MOST matchups ( I am concerned about his lateral speed and quickness ) as long as he understands his role on offense. IMHO....I know I could be wrong, but I think that he's smart enough and has seen enough of the current makeup of this team to understand that his role on the Team is different now and he is more than capable of adjusting to that role.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    BTW: It was Danny who excitedly told Lance he was an assist away from a triple double. Heck, it was Danny who told Larry to draft PG.
    I thought that it was one of the scouts that pushed Bird to keep an eye on Lance and to ultimately draft him. I thought that it was Granger that had suggested to Bird about PG24...not Lance ( although I could be wrong ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Gotta Play Big

Would would be about a 14-16pt scorer, which is about 2X better than OJ.
    I think you are not factoring in how much better the team is now. In JOb days I would agree. At the present time there is no way even a healthy Granger cracks 20ppg on this defensive minded team.

Defense is half the game and a 75% Granger on D isn't as good as OJ or Solo.
    OJ nor Solo are anything special on defense. They're average. So if all three are average, I fail to see how defense carries such weight. And OJ guarding the 2, makes Lance guard the 3, which Lance is average at doing.

I think you are not factoring in how much better the team is now. In JOb days I would agree. At the present time there is no way even a healthy Granger cracks 20ppg on this defensive minded team.
    So lower it to 10pts, like I've already said. That is double what OJ is giving you.

Have we really reached the point in absurdity that Orlando Johnson is as good as Danny Granger? Now THAT is funny.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

When DG started with the Pacers, he cracked the rotation because he was good at defense, so good in fact that Ron Artest (defensive player of the year) went public in praising him (as did JO and several others on the team)
    After he lost his teeth on the floor of LBF and in latter years he was asked to carry the offense, to the tune of All Star, only player ever to increase his average year over year with more then 5 pt per game, respected star, member of team USA, in short a star in the NBA. all until he injured himself (still being by FAR the best player on this team in the 2nd rnd of the playofs) and with the medical staff they decided to take the "easy" route, which turned into a "hard route" including surgery and a whole season missed (i dont count the 5 games he "tried")
    Now nearing his comeback he is the 5th option, may get in the way of Lance (who is talented but still making more mistakes then anyone here will dare to discuss) and became a blackhole we dont even compare to Tyler Hansbrough.

For all of those conviction, let me tell you why Luther nailed his stuff to the doors of the church to begin with: you're listening to the wrong priest!

showing no respect whatsoever for what Danny has done, and can still do for this franchise based upon non-educacted silly guesses about his MEDICAL condition and makoing sure you know better than or pretending to be part of TPTB make you either look rather silly or outright insane, depending on your conviction.

I suggest you get back to FACTS and wait and see what DG can do for us in the months to come, we all know what you THINK, but we also all know you have NO CLUE about the FACTS so let it rest, wait and see.

why not be like most people who follow the NBA and follow any team of their liking that gets a player of DG's quality back in their rotation, be HAPPY if he contributes again, spare your venom for when he fails after 40 games and see if you were more patient than the FO.

enough already
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I thought that it was one of the scouts that pushed Bird to keep an eye on Lance and to ultimately draft him. I thought that it was Granger that had suggested to Bird about PG24...not Lance ( although I could be wrong ).
    why not read what he wrote ??

I'm sure you don't need me to break that sentence down for you
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Lance is a black hole ?? Shooting 48% (and that ungodly 52% from 3) - I almost think he should shoot more. But his shots (all 12 a game) come completely in the offense.

Black Hole ?? Sorry - just don't see it.

Any word on if Granger worked out today?

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    When DG started with the Pacers, he cracked the rotation because he was good at defense, so good in fact that Ron Artest (defensive player of the year) went public in praising him (as did JO and several others on the team)
    After he lost his teeth on the floor of LBF and in latter years he was asked to carry the offense, to the tune of All Star, only player ever to increase his average year over year with more then 5 pt per game, respected star, member of team USA, in short a star in the NBA.
    I like everything posted with one exception. Member of team USA probably is not the point to make. Danny actually took a hit from that experience when columns were coming out he was losing playing time because he wouldn't play defense.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

23. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    I like everything posted with one exception. Member of team USA probably is not the point to make. Danny actually took a hit from that experience when columns were coming out he was losing playing time because he wouldn't play defense.
    I thought it was because Iggy played better defense. There's no shame in that.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

I'm getting old so hopefully my memory is bad and that was the reason. I just remember some columns that came out saying Granger appeared to be lazy on defense and there were discussions that maybe Obie was a bad influence that even affected that. And then the armpit problem surfaced.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

27. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

showing no respect whatsoever for what Danny has done, and can still do for this franchise based upon non-educacted silly guesses about his MEDICAL condition and makoing sure you know better than or pretending to be part of TPTB make you either look rather silly or outright insane, depending on your conviction.

I suggest you get back to FACTS and wait and see what DG can do for us in the months to come, we all know what you THINK, but we also all know you have NO CLUE about the FACTS so let it rest, wait and see.

enough already
    That's funny, stats and stuff is for dummies too, no one needs math in basketball.

That is exactly it. It wasn't that he wouldn't play defense, it was because someone who is known for his defense was playing better defense, and Team USA didn't need more scoring.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    That is exactly it. It wasn't that he wouldn't play defense, it was because someone who is known for his defense was playing better defense, and Team USA didn't need more scoring.
    Danny also got hurt the first day of training camp for Team USA, something with his finger. I can't remember if it wound up being any kind of limiting factor, but probably didn't help.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

showing no respect whatsoever for what Danny has done,
    Your criticisms may apply to some posters here, but there are others of us who simply believe that a 100 percent healthy Danny may not be the 2nd best wing man on our team.

That doesn't mean I don't respect Granger for both his past legacy, his commitment, and his game. He is a d@mn good player. It's just that we are in the unusual situation of having a budding superstar and an emerging triple-threat court vision savant as the other two wings.

For all of those conviction, let me tell you why Luther nailed his stuff to the doors of the church to begin with: you're listening to the wrong priest!
    I gave up Prostestantism 15 years ago.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I gave up Prostestantism 15 years ago.
    Yeah, I never liked that exam thing either
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post: