Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1696

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

  1. #1201

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Now we see how Danny feels in 24 hours.

  2. #1202
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,858

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now we see how Danny feels in 24 hours.
    I bet he is hungry

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  4. #1203
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen people on this board call Danny the greatest pacer ever. When Antonio Davis was on nbatv he admitted he wasn't a fan of Danny and felt he was overrated. I'm sure other pacer greats think the same.
    Who the hell cares what AD thinks? He never even played with Granger.

    Good, bad...Granger will be a huge lift over what we had last year in Sam Young.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  6. #1204
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,248

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet he is hungry
    Hungry for more shots, I'm sure. Chuckle.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  8. #1205
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess it doesn't. It goes with definition of certain words. In this case - consistent. Danny certainly wasn't that.

    Look - I'm not trying to challenge anyone's 'basketball evaluations'. Nor am I hating on Granger. The Pacers never had a chance in that series. None. We were the squeaky little mouse and they were the cat just playing with it.
    If you truly believe that rubbish than why did u even bother watching. up until the Granger injury we had a shot. I answered your question. I see u got no response in return except the above.

    fair enuff. wanna try again. if Granger was not the best player in that series why did we get blown out in game 5 after he went down. check the box score.

  9. #1206
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for this talk about him passing, all he has ever done is make pedestrian passes that any backup in the league could do. His dribbling skills are at about the same level. These are the prime reasons why some posters here are not impressed. We look at many more factors than his ability to shoot from the perimeter.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny can't see or make the play for his teammates, and he shoots a lot. I consider that a black hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny misses people all the time. In the half court, in transition, wherever. He hasn't seen the floor. I consider that black holeish, you don't, deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What can he do other than chuck it?

    Pass? Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His ability to pass (which is extremely important for a wing) is at best average for a starting small forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This argument is silly to me. Paul makes passes that Danny can't even see. High assist guys always turn the ball over a lot because they sometimes make passes that are risky. The fact that their turnover rate is similar but Paul doubles his assist totals is telling. Danny simply doesn't risk passes because he often doesn't see them. I'm not saying he never passes but that lack of vision is a detriment to his teammates at times. There's no double standard.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  11. #1207
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,140
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet he is hungry
    He had some smothered chicken tonight!!! (Or is that a Roy thing only?) /shrug
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  12. #1208
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,248

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did he have? 2 assists and 5 turnovers? Amazing passing ability? Really, what you saw was average and you're probably not used to him moving the ball instead of chucking. The fact he didn't look inept doesn't mean he is an above passer as a starting SF. Lance and West are above average. Danny is not. Neither is George Hill. Heck, Paul is careless with the ball but he's more gifted than Danny at passing as well if he wouldn't screw around all the time. He simply has more game.

    The fact is, our team is NOT the best passing team around and if it wasn't for West and Lance and to some extent Hibbert we would be in serious trouble. We are good because of our defense, size and ability to post up. We have big time trouble moving the ball IMO.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  14. #1209
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He had some smothered chicken tonight!!! (Or is that a Roy thing only?) /shrug
    No, Ian has gotten some smothered chicken love from Quinn before, maybe some of the best smothered chicken too.

  15. #1210
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,858

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Not all good passes end in assists.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  17. #1211
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,248

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Teams like Miami, San Antonio, Chicago and maybe Utah have more above average passers. Heck, I like George Hill but he's probably below average at passing as PG. It's simply not our sweet spot and if we do learn to pass we totally dominate.

  18. #1212
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,948

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not all good passes end in assists.
    I agree, Danny had some great passes tonight that didn't get him the assist.
    Not all terrible hot dog passes end in turnovers either. I swear it seemed like Lance had more then 4 turnovers tonight.

  19. #1213
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That may or may not be true. But I would hate to have seen a 22 year old Granger (who happened to still be in New Mexico) attempting to guard a prime LeBron James.

    Let's try to not compare Danny and Paul. LeBron knows the difference and it is vast.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul is much stronger this year. Again, imagine a 22 year old Granger taking on that beast. But sure, Granger can guard LeBron in the post better. That is the one place prime Danny beats the young Paul George. But Paul guards LeBron, even at his young age, where it counts most...out on the floor and in the passing lanes preventing LeBron from making his team mates better.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron was the primary player in the first game. I seriously doubt Granger spent much time guarding LeBron, particularly because Stephen Jackson was also starting and played 35 minutes to Granger's 14.

    You also fail to mention that while LeBron scored only 14ppg in that game, he almost had a triple double and the Cavs beat the Pacers without Ron. In the first time with Ron, the Pacers destroyed the Cavs by 22 points.

    Game 3, did you even know the Pacers only scored 66 points and lost by 30 to the Cavs? Do you really think LeBron was being stopped in that game? He scored 23 points with 7 boards and 8 assists. He played about 8 minutes less in that game than his average. Always over 40mpg, he only played 35 minutes.

    Game 4 you mention, LeBron was dominant. 30points, 7 boards and 9 assists (well over his average)...and the Cavs won again... Not exactly numbers to brag about for a defender.

    Now wait a minute...u go on and on about how lucky we are to never had to have a 22 year old Danny Granger guard Lebron and he was in New Mexico and how u would hate the idea of having to watch such....when u had no earthly idea what u were talking about ....now u wanna somehow forget all that and try to make light of the fact that he played him 4 times and Lebron averaged 10 points below his average and shot 36%????? seriously??? lol...ok...and as for rebounds and assists...Lebron averaged 7 and 7 that year....one of the better statistical years ever by a player...so those games where he had single digits in both were nothing out of the ordinary...but holding him under his average 4 times out of 4????? at an average of 10 points a game???? thats out of the ordinary....and shooting 36%...definitely out of the ordinary....

    Maybe it would be best to actually know what ur talking about before u go spouting off such....again...the 22 year old did play Lebron...and fared pretty damn good...and if you were old enough to actually watch it back then you would not only remember it, but u would remember it with a certain amount of pride....something that seems woefully lacking when u express such disdain for players such as Danny that deserve your respect and not ur criticism that is based on things u obviously have no clue about...

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:


  21. #1214

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    One game guys. Neither "side" should draw any conclusions.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  23. #1215

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Teams like Miami, San Antonio, Chicago and maybe Utah have more above average passers. Heck, I like George Hill but he's probably below average at passing as PG. It's simply not our sweet spot and if we do learn to pass we totally dominate.
    I disagree about Chicago.

    Hill is about even with Hinrich.

    Stephenson/George >> Butler/Deng
    West/Hibbert > Boozer/Noah although Noah is a pretty good passer himself.

  24. #1216
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did he have? 2 assists and 5 turnovers? Amazing passing ability? Really, what you saw was average and you're probably not used to him moving the ball instead of chucking.
    I'll grant you that the box score doesn't impress. But there's no way you watched that game and thought "Danny Granger is an average NBA passer."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  26. #1217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll grant you that the box score doesn't impress. But there's no way you watched that game and thought "Danny Granger is an average NBA passer."
    I thought you only watched part of it, how you know all this?

  27. #1218
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,248

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now wait a minute...u go on and on about how lucky we are to never had to have a 22 year old Danny Granger guard Lebron and he was in New Mexico and how u would hate the idea of having to watch such....when u had no earthly idea what u were talking about ....now u wanna somehow forget all that and try to make light of the fact that he played him 4 times and Lebron averaged 10 points below his average and shot 36%????? seriously??? lol...ok...and as for rebounds and assists...Lebron averaged 7 and 7 that year....one of the better statistical years ever by a player...so those games where he had single digits in both were nothing out of the ordinary...but holding him under his average 4 times out of 4????? at an average of 10 points a game???? thats out of the ordinary....and shooting 36%...definitely out of the ordinary....

    Maybe it would be best to actually know what ur talking about before u go spouting off such....again...the 22 year old did play Lebron...and fared pretty damn good...and if you were old enough to actually watch it back then you would not only remember it, but u would remember it with a certain amount of pride....something that seems woefully lacking when u express such disdain for players such as Danny that deserve your respect and not ur criticism that is based on things u obviously have no clue about...
    I'm 48 son and watched George McGinnis live. I know a good basketball player when I see one. Danny Granger, in no way and against no player, is as good at defense as Paul George. You know what? YOU fail to realize that Granger was playing LeBron WELL before he was in his prime.

    You saying a 21 year old LeBron going against a 23 year old Granger is equivalent to a 29 year old LeBron going against a 23 year old Paul George. Really? Why don't you think before you post son.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 12-21-2013 at 12:00 AM.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  29. #1219
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    I honestly don't get the Granger vs. George flamewars. It's pointless. It's not like these guys can't co-exist. Were Colts' fans upset when we had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne?

  30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  31. #1220
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,858

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    He never said Danny was a better defender than PG.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  33. #1221

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly don't get the Granger vs. George flamewars. It's pointless. It's not like these guys can't co-exist. Were Colts' fans upset when we had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne?
    Yeah, but Marvin and Reggie could be on the field at the same ti....wait...

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  35. #1222

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    My god guys, how about instead of insulting Paul George or Danny Granger in order to make the other look better, we just be happy we have both of these guys on our team?

  36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  37. #1223
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,248

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He never said Danny was a better defender than PG.
    Go back and read the context. He was responding to this: "But I would hate to have seen a 22 year old Granger (who happened to still be in New Mexico) attempting to guard a prime LeBron James." Which was a response to Eleazer comparing Paul and Danny. Note PRIME LeBron. Anyway, I'm done with this. There is no comparison.

  38. #1224
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,858

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Idk Lebron was pretty ****ing good that year. Prime or not, was the best player in the NBA. Danny Granger was a defensive stud early in his career. A very different defender than PG. He couldn't defend the 1 or 2 like PG can.

    Plus he didn't even compare Danny and PG. He just showed that Danny did a pretty good job against Lebron at a young age, something you said people would hate to see because no way Danny could ever guard Lebron

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  40. #1225
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    I'm happy to agree that Paul George is an epic defender. Even on his off days, he's still a better defender than 80% of the NBA, including Danny.

    That doesn't make Danny a bad defender.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •