Results 976 to 1,000 of 1696

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rook was schooling him too?

Just kidding. But seriously, that video could have been him walking in a park and it would be just as meaningful.
    agreed, but accuracy's sake and all

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    agreed, but accuracy's sake and all
    Good point. I had to slow down the video to see it was #9, not #8. Still, we don't know if Granger was guarding Hill in that segment. Doesn't matter anyway. We didn't see anything beyond the fact Granger is not in a wheel chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Cuz haters gonna hate and pretend Danny needs a wheelchair.
    He could have been in a wheelchair and been just as effective in that video. Not one hard cut, sharp movement and just one lazy "hop". He was also the only one not back on that dunk.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm not going to bother breaking down a short video of clips of a practice on a guy who has already admitted he's not ready to play due to conditioning and rust.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

This would be the Houston game.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge_24 View Post
    The only thing I blame Granger for is us drafting Solo Hill and him getting playing time. He's garbage.
    No, he's a rookie learning to play the game on a team that's a finely-tuned precision instrument.

It's why players like Miles and Green look good in other settings but garbage here. If you're not working as part of the system, especially on defense, it really shows.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    He could have been in a wheelchair and been just as effective in that video. Not one hard cut, sharp movement and just one lazy "hop". He was also the only one not back on that dunk.
    Yep.

But to clarify: "not in the video" is not the same thing as "not in the scrimmage." That was a short amount of awful footage that doesn't really show us anything, one way or another.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Yep.

But to clarify: "not in the video" is not the same thing as "not in the scrimmage." That was a short amount of awful footage that doesn't really show us anything, one way or another.
    Yup, 44 seconds out of what I am guessing is a 2 hour practice (I have no idea how long practices are in the NBA) is not very telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

On ESPN too.

Should be fun when Thursday morning, he has another 'setback'.

I'll be happy when (if) he ever comes back for more than 5 games. I wouldn't hold my breath though
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

As hopeful as I am, I'll believe this when I see it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Yep.

I cant argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Yup, 44 seconds out of what I am guessing is a 2 hour practice (I have no idea how long practices are in the NBA) is not very telling.
    On the flip side. You have to imagine if they had better footage where he was playing well they would have shown that correct? The entire situation is rather frustrating and could have been handled better.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    On the flip side. You have to imagine if they had better footage where he was playing well they would have shown that correct? The entire situation is rather frustrating and could have been handled better.
    Sure, but I strongly doubt they had better footage. The press gets to sit in on the last few minutes of practice; somebody there had a cameraphone and shot a little bit of video showing that Danny was on the floor. That's all it purports to show. It doesn't show Danny's highlights, because that's probably almost all the footage that they shot.

Enjoy your time at PD!

My expectation is that he does come back on Friday and he plays on and off for two weeks only to get another flare up. They sit him until sometime in March and the same thing happens. He sits and watches us dismantle Miami and go to the Finals without ever stepping on the court in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    As hopeful as I am, I'll believe this when I see it.
    Eh, not much to hope for at this point. Danny thinks he's ready to start playing and just play his way into getting his timing back. The coaches want him to get another week of practice before putting him out there. Both sides are reasonable. I'm not mad at Danny for wanting to play, and I'm not mad at the coaches for holding him out.

I didn't put a lot of stock in Danny's timetable, because he made it pretty clear that he wasn't calling the shots. But the new "Friday" conversation is interesting because both Danny and the coaches are saying that's when he'll be back. Sounds like everybody's agreed, which means it's finally going to happen.

Now that it's been announced, I *WILL* be frustrated if he doesn't come back this Friday. And I haven't been frustrated yet.

Enjoy your time at PD!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

My expectation is that he does come back on Friday and he plays on and off for two weeks only to get another flare up. They sit him until sometime in March and the same thing happens. He sits and watches us dismantle Miami and go to the Finals without ever stepping on the court in the playoffs.
    Man, I'll take the over on that. Care to make a friendly wager?

EDIT: Here's my proposal: I'll bet that Danny comes back and plays more than 50% of the remaining games between now and the playoffs. You go with your version. If I win, your signature (during the playoffs and all summer long) is "Don't necessarily believe what I say; I'm unnecessarily pessimistic. Anthem is more of a realist." If you win, I change my signature to say "Don't necessarily believe what I say; I'm unnecessarily optimistic. BlueNGold is more of a realist."
    Last edited by Anthem; 12-15-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Enjoy your time at PD!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

I don't see that much difference from the practice footage they are showing and preseason, I mean even his comments match what we got to see in preseason, he said that he is missing layups in practice(he missed a lot of layups in preseason) he is also dribbling the ball of his foot(check again), his D is not there on the footage and was not there in preseason either.

Now that I think about it I'm not sure why the F they were playing him so much in preseason if he was looking as bad as now.

Man, I'll take the over on that. Care to make a friendly wager?

EDIT: Here's my proposal: I'll bet that Danny comes back and plays more than 50% of the remaining games between now and the playoffs. You go with your version. If I win, your signature (during the playoffs and all summer long) is "Don't necessarily believe what I say; I'm unnecessarily pessimistic. Anthem is more of a realist." If you win, I change my signature to say "Don't necessarily believe what I say; I'm unnecessarily optimistic. BlueNGold is more of a realist."
    I see you lowered your original offer to 50% from 60%. I should be able to adjust mine as well.

Are you saying that he will not have a flare up the rest of this year and play at least 1/2 the games?

Edit: I am betting he plays less than half the remaining games and it's because he's had at least one flare up.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 12-15-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Here's Candace:

Enjoy your time at PD!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

I see you lowered your original offer to 50% from 60%. I should be able to adjust mine as well.

Are you saying that he will not have a flare up the rest of this year and play at least 1/2 the games?

Edit: I am betting he plays less than half the remaining games and it's because he's had at least one flare up.
    I'm confident the two of us can work out a good over/under line. But I did originally meant to write 50 and had a typo.

Check my math on this: I have Friday's game as the 26th game of the season. That means he missed 25 games. That means there are 57 games remaining in the season. Half of that would be 28.5. I predict that Danny will play 29 or more regular season games this year; you predict that he will play 28 or fewer games. This is for all reasons: suspensions, he gets knocked out by Boomer falling from the rafters, a game is cancelled due to snow, he breaks his leg, his knees fall off, etc. 29 or more, I win. 28 or fewer, you win.

What do you think?

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'm confident the two of us can work out a good over/under line. But I did originally meant to write 50 and had a typo.

Check my math on this: I have Friday's game as the 26th game of the season. That means he missed 25 games. That means there are 57 games remaining in the season. Half of that would be 28.5. I predict that Danny will play 29 or more regular season games this year; you predict that he will play 28 or fewer games. This is for all reasons: suspensions, he gets knocked out by Boomer falling from the rafters, a game is cancelled due to snow, he breaks his leg, his knees fall off, etc. 29 or more, I win. 28 or fewer, you win.

What do you think?
    Deal...and I hope I have a new signature because if he plays that much he will be a factor.

Deal...and I hope I have a new signature because if he plays that much he will be a factor.
    The deal is done: signature bet is in place.

Enjoy your time at PD!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Enjoy your time at PD!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

That's a good read and promising, at least it seems like everyone is on the same page targeting the Friday return.