Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Round 5, but it's so weird that Vogel and Granger haven't been on the same page about Danny's recovery/rehab.
    I don't think it's very surprising.

First and foremost, Danny is playing for $$$$. Missed games are missed opportunities for him to show teams that he is worth signing. Also, there's just a raw competitive aspect to it. Danny is a basketball player, and basketball players want to play. He hasn't played consistent competitive NBA basketball since May 2012, which has to absolutely kill him, as it would any pro athlete. He's seen the team enjoy tremendous success since then, and he obviously wants to be a big part of it. An athlete wants to get out there and play as soon as they feel they can. Clearly it seems like Granger feels like he can.

Vogel as the coach has to make sure that the most disciplined approach is taken. The team is winning a ton of games and Danny hasn't played in a while. Thus, from his perspective, there is no need to rush him back until he is without a doubt as close to 100% as he possibly can be. Vogel wants Granger to be contributing to this team in the Spring when the stakes are highest, so he doesn't want the team to do anything stupid by running him into the ground when they are able to win games without him. Vogel and the team have to make their decisions with the big picture in mind.

It's not surprising that their agendas might conflict a little. I don't think it's anything to worry about though.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Can wait to see Granger out there. I hope he can stay healthy and return to the starting role after the all star break
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Can wait to see Granger out there. I hope he can stay healthy and return to the starting role after the all star break
    No he needs to come off the bench all season. Should pair him with Cope and CJ off the bench. BOMBS AWAY!

Watching Orlando Johnson guard LeBron has me wishing Danny came back tonight. I don't see how he couldn't be a defensive upgrade.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Watching Orlando Johnson guard LeBron has me wishing Danny came back tonight. I don't see how he couldn't be a defensive upgrade.
    Green?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    No he needs to come off the bench all season. Should pair him with Cope and CJ off the bench. BOMBS AWAY!
    A healthy Granger will not come off the bench. This has already been discussed/argued in great detail.

A healthy Granger won't be coming off the bench IMO
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

We could use Granger tonight.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    A healthy Granger will not come off the bench. This has already been discussed/argued in great detail.

A healthy Granger won't be coming off the bench IMO
    A healthy Granger in terms of prime Granger will never be seen again in Indy. Maybe on another team next year, but nobody comes back after a year and a half and picks right back up. MJ didn't even do that. It's time to get used to the fact he's coming off the bench at least this year.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Green?
    Really? You can't possibly be saying OJ is a better defender than Danny. That jumps the shark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Really? You can't possibly be saying OJ is a better defender than Danny. That jumps the shark.

It's so damn old. Danny always played LeBron fairly well and he's just bigger. OJ is much to small to contain lbj

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Granger is just so bad, he is the next coming of Amare Stoudamire, we've already seen him play so of course we know all the facts already.

Banned

For what I got to see in preseason(the example we have from 2 months ago) DG was not able to guard anybody, he was probably the worse defender in preseason.

Again I'm talking for what I got to see I'm not talking about for what I'm hoping to see.

I'm 80% leaning towards it being disingenuous and thus worthy of deletion for trying to stir people up on purpose...

If not, then all I can say is I completely disagree and I would be surprised if more than a couple/few other people would agree.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

No one knows how Danny will play this year, it's unwritten. First I want to see him play just 1 damn game. Then I want to see how he holds up for 10 games without missing any. If that happens we should have an idea what he'll have to offer and he should get better from there but I'm not prepared to assume that yet.
    With that said I'm in no way prepared to say that Danny can't return to a high level of play this year to the point that his play will dictate his starting and getting major minutes. He looked good in the last couple of preseason games and was moving well with and without the ball, not just parking and shooting. I don't think the heavy minutes he put in during the preseason were a waste of time. Time will tell us very soon.

For the record.

Danny will come back as Danny. It will take a couple of weeks to get him into shape and integrate his skill set into what the Pacers are doing, but no more than that. By then, Danny will be starting and will be the Pacers 2nd best player for the rest of the year.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Green?
    We're a little green at the backup wing right now with with a second year pro in OJ and rookie Solomon Hill. Granger should help with that. Thank god we got rid of Gerald though.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'm 80% leaning towards it being disingenuous and thus worthy of deletion for trying to stir people up on purpose...

If not, then all I can say is I completely disagree and I would be surprised if more than a couple/few other people would agree.
    I had guys like Peck,Sollozzo and others agree with me at the time when I mentioned how bad he looked in D

edit: here are preseason posts from DG fans not me:

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Yeah. He looked really really slow. No lift, no quickness. Hopefully it is just shaking the rust off. But man, if he's that slow he won't be able to play D.

I think he's showed that he'll be able to score no problem though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    If this is I'm fact what's left of Danny so to speak, he'll be used strictly as a scorer off the bench. He did look slow, and without much lift. It's crazy that in spite of this he has still been able to get to the basket and get up quality FGA and FTA. But if he is indeed going to be this slow, then there's no way we'd be able to utilize him as a starter.

Hopefully for him and a few other players on the team, it's just pre-season. I'm still hopeful for the start of the regular season though.
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...e-Thread/page6
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-11-2013 at 01:02 AM.

The next time you edit out a comment left in your post by an admin, you will receive an infraction.

And the comment itself that you inappropriately removed was that this is not the place to criticize admin decisions.

Heat fans are fun on RealGM.

In regards to Granger being a negative when he comes back.

exactly. i tried explaining this to pacer fans, but i really think theyre mentally (Please Use More Appropriate Word).
    its really baffling..

west has always dominated us even when he was a hornet.

i get it that they must be new to the nba or something, but its common sense really.
    the heats strength is guarding wing players. you add one more thats a ball dominant player and historically chucks up shots, what do you have? less shots for the people down low.

heck even scola abused us. lol
    A Pacers fan responding to this "fan"

You might challenge the reasoning, but challenging the intelligence of other people on this sort of topic is a bit rich.

Just to clarify, we go inside against the Heat because... You don't have an answer for it. That is called good coaching and that is exactly why it is no problem for Granger coming back.
    The Heat fan in response to this comment...

you still dont get it, do you?
    what part of historical chucker do you not understand?
    dude attempts like 15 shots and shoots barely 42%, let alone against the heat when yall had your bigs, he ended up shooting a whopping 37% FG for the whole series.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 2_ECS.html

Now its ok to be delusional and a homer, but dont come in my teams forum expecting to add your backwards thinking logic and get away with it.

When granger comes back and starts bricking again, I just hope you dont go hiding now.

Thanks for your two cents.
    A Heat fan from Houston, TX who appears to be one of the, how do I put this nicely, struggling with logic Heat fans.
    @qandrews9428

Sports Logo

I really don't get this phenomenon of quoting random internet posts from other fanbases. People are stupid, and probably young. News at 11.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I really don't get this phenomenon of quoting random internet posts from other fanbases. People are stupid, and probably young. News at 11.
    Hey, there's plenty of old dumb people!

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think Danny feels like he's been ready for a bit now, over a week, and has been held back so he's making as close to a power play as he can.
    Yep, exactly. I think Frank's frustration was probably more being asked about it right before the Miami game which is why he probably wished Danny hadn't said anything. It's certainly nothing to worry about.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I think it would be pretty unfair to put Danny out there to guard Lebron tonight in his first game back. Orlando was terrible but that would have been a real tough situation for Danny. It is the right to move to get his first minutes against weaker opponents at home with rest in between which is exactly what Char and Det are.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Maybe Granger is capable of playing but Vogel didn't think that he'd be quite ready? It's possible that Vogel was intending to keep him out a little longer and Granger ( with announcement ) may have forced his hand?
    Why rush Granger back? Why not take plenty of time in practice and search out a role for him as it becomes clear how much rust can be knocked off and how much residual effects of age and the injury hang around?

The Pacers don't need Granger right now. Especially don't need him to reinvent what they are doing or spend time letting him knock the rust off in real games. Especially, the more difficult games on the schedule. That's not to say there's not a role for him... It's just saying the team wants to continue winning and has a winning formula already. There's just no need to put a rusty Granger out there yet. After some practice, if he looks like a player that can bring a positive to the court and not use further practice time, only then should they start trying to find mins for him. Unless the current winning stops and the team needs to find something and it's worth the risk to hurry Granger back sooner.

While he's missed a gazillion games, he could not have practiced much with the team because the team surely hasn't practiced much themselves since Granger started practicing.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Hey, there's plenty of old dumb people!
    No no a thousand times no....all us old people are smart......lol