Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Nailed it, TJ. Nice work!

I'm excited!

Really excited to see Danny play. We need a better bench, and we'll be getting one.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

There needs to a video montage on his return, and a scene of all the Starters standing up on their chairs saying "Oh Captain my Captain!"
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sounds like he's close, and I think the Bobcats would be a nice opponent to bring him up to speed without throwing him into a melee.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

The article's just the same quotes we've already heard, how Danny hopes to play Friday, needs to get back into game shape and all that. But didn't stop the intern that runs the Star twitter account.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

sound a little under the weather to anyone else? just worn out maybe.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2013...210f4v-3071782

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I think he just came straight off the court to answer questions. Wanted to get the Q&A over with and didn't bother to catch his breath first.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

We need him tonight!! Can't be any worse than OJ
    David "And One" West

Wow, a reasonably healthy Granger is without question a net addition to this team. He has the air of someone who's feeling healed and ready to get out there (once he gets his sea legs). Good body language. This is reassuring to me at least.

If he gets to a place where they move Lance into the 6th man role, we will have one of the biggest lineups size wise in the NBA. Ball movement and rebounding would be compromised, but size and offense go up. Lance would become the first option on the 2nd team during a normal game. I think he'd like that.

I'd love to see what that looks like in a real game.

I wonder how this "news" will inspire Lance tonight. He's due for a big game.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Its not a nickname, its that he has been the captain of the team.

And it sounds like Vogel is the coach and Danny is the player, one being cautious and the other eager to get on the court.

Well in that game we lost to the Bulls that ended our 9 game streak earlier in the season? No one thought Derrick Rose would play in that game. He strained a hamstring prior to Friday's game against the Raptors. He didn't play in that game, so the following Saturday at home vs. Indy...everyone thought Rose would miss that one too. He was listed as day-to-day. Then he started, and hit 6 3's against us and we lost big. So technically, coaches aren't in the loop normally about this sort of thing sometimes.

The part of the video where he talks about his knee not being a problem at all really put my mind at ease. Just the way he said it made it seem like he doesn't even think about it being a problem at all. It's really hard to not get excited about Danny returning.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    Wow, a reasonably healthy Granger is without question a net addition to this team. He has the air of someone who's feeling healed and ready to get out there (once he gets his sea legs). Good body language. This is reassuring to me at least.

If he gets to a place where they move Lance into the 6th man role, we will have one of the biggest lineups size wise in the NBA. Ball movement and rebounding would be compromised, but size and offense go up. Lance would become the first option on the 2nd team during a normal game. I think he'd like that.

I'd love to see what that looks like in a real game.

I wonder how this "news" will inspire Lance tonight. He's due for a big game.
    Honestly, I think that ship has sailed. It would be a bizarre and, frankly, ignorant, move to supplant Lance in the starting five with Granger at this point, even if Granger shows he's healthy and back to pre-injury Granger levels (which I am very, very skeptical of). Our starting five is a defensive juggernaut and the foundation on which our current success is built. You don't mess with that.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Honestly, I think that ship has sailed. It would be a bizarre and, frankly, ignorant, move to supplant Lance in the starting five with Granger at this point, even if Granger shows he's healthy and back to pre-injury Granger levels (which I am very, very skeptical of). Our starting five is a defensive juggernaut and the foundation on which our current success is built. You don't mess with that.
    which weak link is Lance, so don't hold your breath, a 90% Granger is most likely a better player on both sides
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Sounds like knee pain is affecting his voice.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Lance should start unless the wheels come off. As we've said all along, it's not who starts that matters, it will be who finishes and we have plenty of time to figure out how that is going to play out assuming Danny looks good, but otherwise we're just getting the cart before the horse.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

The only thing I fear is a new injury. Otherwise, I think it's just a matter of time before he gets his conditioning up, and I think he'll play like he did 2 years ago.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Per FB today

Danny Granger won't play in tonight's game against Miami, but he discusses a "very good chance" that he'll return to the court on Friday.

Watch video & read more: http://on.nba.com/18AbsHZ

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    which weak link is Lance, so don't hold your breath, a 90% Granger is most likely a better player on both sides
    Lance is a better defender than Granger ever was.

They have vastly different skill sets and bring unique things to the table. I don't really consider Lance to be a "weak link" as you put it, either. I do think a healthy Granger would be nice to keep Lance in check though when he starts playing out of control, as he is wont to do on occasion.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance is a better defender than Granger ever was.

They have vastly different skill sets and bring unique things to the table. I don't really consider Lance to be a "weak link" as you put it, either. I do think a healthy Granger would be nice to keep Lance in check though when he starts playing out of control, as he is wont to do on occasion.
    I disagree that Lance is better than Danny "ever" was. Somehow the narrative has downplayed Danny's defense to the point of ridiculous. Now, could Lance's defense be better than a recovered Danny? That's possible and remains to be seen.

However, on the offensive end where Lance can spin off out of control? I trust Danny to be far more mature and consistent. Is that going to be more valuable in the starting lineup or off the bench? A much better question and one that also remains to be seen. If nothing else, Danny coming up on Lance's shoulder for the starting position is going to force Lance not to take his place for granted and buckle down.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

HOWEVA, that said, I'm kinda drunk now and I'm really excited about seeing Danny play again, hopefully soon. I really think it's been an outta sign outta mind deal, people forget how damn good Danny Granger is. Even if he's nothing but a spot shooter that can defend his position honestly that's HUGE for the 2nd unit. If he can stay healthy, which has become a big if, he's an ungodly offensive 6th man, among the best in the league. I'm not comparing their games or anything like that, but remember how huge Harden was for OKC? How much Jamal Crawford helps the Clippers?

IF Danny can get back it's massive for our end of game situations. No more helping off Lance (he's cratered back to earth from 3), no more having to do side PnR's to West's side and cutting off half the floor, it opens everything up and we become pretty damn deadly in clutch situations. Hopefully.
    +1

Also, Can you imagine the point differential we will be beating teams at once Danny gets acclimated?

I am talking pure domination .. lol It's almost unfair to the rest of the league...... but the heck wit 'em ... lolz
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    The only thing I fear is a new injury. Otherwise, I think it's just a matter of time before he gets his conditioning up, and I think he'll play like he did 2 years ago.
    If that happens that could probably be the first time ever, how many players came back the same they were before after been out for that long? none? it would be a miracle if that happens.

By the way I'm seriously asking to see a list of older players that have been out for 19/20 months because of injury and came back to be the same.

Can we not ruin the return of Danny with the talk of "Lance is better--no Danny is better" etc. Honestly it's all opinion at this point, and has been discussed, argued, and frankly beaten into the ground.

The situation will work itself out, especially if Danny comes back anywhere close to where he was previously. Worst case scenario, we get a good shooting wing player coming off the bench to replace the inconsistent OJ/Solo/Copeland's of the world. Best case scenario, we have a REALLY good 6th man coming off our bench, and a new, completely different set of skills to add to a team that's already playing at a great level. Just enjoy, and chill with all the skepticism until the man actually plays.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    By the way I'm seriously asking to see a list of older players that have been out for 19/20 months because of injury and came back to be the same.
    It's tough to say because he was out for two completely different injuries. If it were simply the knee this entire time, it would be one thing. But it was initially the knee, then it was the calf. But that is a good idea to research. I'm kind of curious myself.

I love Lance (see my avatar), and pretty much always have. But, the idea of him moving him out of the starting 5 isn't as bizarre as you make it out to be in my opinion, given that was Vogel's and the team's leanings going into the year.

It all depends on how well Granger plays. I have a strong suspicion that they'll at least try it to see how it works if he's legitimately back to some semblance of his old form. I'll give you that there's a lot of reason to be skeptical of his chances here, given that it's rare for someone to move fully past a tendinosis-type injury. But if he does, look out.

Since86 posted some article back a few weeks ago that had a quote with Lance excited about the prospect of being the leader of the 2nd team. There's no shame in being the spark plug off the bench. A lot of players have made a hell of a career out of it.

It might also put some downward pressure on his next contract size.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Can we not ruin the return of Danny with the talk of "Lance is better--no Danny is better" etc. Honestly it's all opinion at this point, and has been discussed, argued, and frankly beaten into the ground.
    No offense, but what else can be said then? "I hope he comes back to 100%, I'm really rooting for him!" "Can he come back to pre-injury levels?" "Hooray!"

I mean seriously, every angle of everything with Granger has been discussed, argued, and beaten into the ground at this point.