Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Well fine, I'll take a 50% Granger over OJ or Solomon Hill at this point lol.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well fine, I'll take a 50% Granger over OJ or Solomon Hill at this point lol.
    At this point I would be willing to trade 1 of those two for a second round draft pick in 20 years just to dump salary.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    At this point I would be willing to trade 1 of those two for a second round draft pick in 20 years just to dump salary.
    Orlando isn't guaranteed, so no point in trading him if it is just to dump salary.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Orlando is just missing shots, Solomon just doesn't deserve to play, he was really lazy and took the game for granted when he came in.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Both of those guys are young, and their inexperience really shows because the rest of the team is playing at an epic level. They'll improve over the course of the year, and next year we'll be glad we fed them minutes this year.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Both of those guys are young, and their inexperience really shows because the rest of the team is playing at an epic level. They'll improve over the course of the year, and next year we'll be glad we fed them minutes this year.
    I hope so with Solo, cause he looks really rough so far this season. Even when he's hitting his threes, it's not exactly a thing of beauty.

So supposedly they played an interview with Danny during last night's game? Anybody record that?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

Hey look I'm back from my 30 days ban that became a 31 days ban for some reason before Danny Granger, yeah I'm not surprised either

This thread has to be up there as one the funniest threads ever though, this thread has everything, from happiness to sadness to delusion, to Justin Bieber like creepy fanaticism, even the doctors here came up with ways in how to diagnose a 3 weeks injury that is already into is 8th week, I wonder what is going to be the diagnostic by week 10? can't wait to see what is next, thank you

Last edited by vnzla81; 12-08-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think OJ has been more good than bad this season. He came out of the gates hot to start the year, so he might just be hitting a lull. Hopefully, Granger comes back because we could use him though even if he just takes a "Big Smooth" role and shoots threes from the corner.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

It has been a roller coaster of a thread, that is for sure.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Banned

By the way ad Kobe to the list of players coming back from bad injuries before DG.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    By the way ad Kobe to the list of players coming back from bad injuries before DG.
    You've been back barely two hours, and after everything amazing that has happened with this team over the past 30 days, this is one of your very first posts.

Says a lot.

18. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    You've been back barely two hours, and after everything amazing that has happened with this team over the past 30 days, this is one of your very first posts.

Says a lot.
    Agreed.

About the only thing that made the wait for Granger tolerable was the lack of the nah, nah, nah, nah, nah I told you so, I'm so happy that he's failing to return post from Vnzla81. Now Granger has to come back this week.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

FYI, this thread is for discussing Danny Granger. From here on, distractions from doing so (including mocking posters and obnoxious self-congratulation) will be removed. If it becomes repeating or excessive, infractions will follow.

The administrators (yes, including myself; I returned to my old post) have been discussing an updated / revised edition of the rules of the forum, to be announced this week, and they will further elaborate on current policies. Suffice it to say, we will be taking a more active approach to keeping threads on topic and distraction free.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Hicks.
    I like the idea of discussing Danny Granger versus the complaining about other posters. And that said... Was anything said about Granger's status in today's pregame? I've been following the Bronco v Titans game since it had Colts ramifications (which Manning managed to win the division for the Colts again... and did it playing for the Broncos!)
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

After the Heat game, there is one game in 5 days, should be lots of practice time.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

I told Hicks and some others on Twitter last week before we ever got the updates to watch for the Charlotte game this Friday. I'm standing by that.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Thankfully you are not our GM then. They take up next to no salary cap space, and it would be insane to trade your 1st round pick for a 2nd rounder in 2030.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Nothing new....this is a few days old....but Candace had tweeted that Granger has been doing some practicing over the last couple of days.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...tices/3896001/

SAN ANTONIO The unexpected continues on the Indiana Pacers' eventful trip to Texas: Danny Granger practiced.

"I feel good," Granger said following the Friday session, his first live participation in weeks. "I was running, sprinting, playing live for about an hour, so I felt really good."

Since Oct. 28, when the team announced that Granger would miss approximately three weeks with a strained left calf, the sight of the veteran forward had been limited to post-practice shooting drills and sideline cheering. The team's timeline has long since expired and Granger has missed all 19 games this season.

Though he practiced, Pacers head coach Frank Vogel announced that Granger would not play Saturday against the San Antonio Spurs. Also, Vogel said there is no new timeline for Granger's return to the lineup.

"It was his first action back," Vogel said, "he's a ways away though."

However, Granger offered a different view about a pending return.

"(The Pacers' trainers are) kind of holding me back and I think they know best. If it was up to me, I'd be playing but like I said, they know best," Granger said. "That's just me talking from my competitive side. I practiced today so obviously I'm not far away."

Granger, who has averaged 18.1 points, 5.2 rebounds and shot 38.4 percent from the 3-point line during his career, described feeling "anxious" to play again ever since missing all but five games last season with a knee injury.

This year, however, with the motivated Pacers poised to return to the Eastern Conference finals — and beyond — Granger intended to rejoin the lineup. Then, on Oct. 16, Granger strained his left calf during a preseason game against the Dallas Mavericks. Granger aggravated the injury in the following game in Chicago and has been out ever since.

However, over the past week, Granger has picked up his activity with on-court jogging and "increased intensity shooting," which Vogel described as sprinting to spots on the floor then shooting.

"We were hoping that he'd be able to practice this week," Vogel said. "He's been picking up his individual work. He was going to try to get some work in on Thursday but obviously that didn't work out. So we were hoping he'd do some live stuff today."

On Wednesday night, the Pacers' flight from Salt Lake City to San Antonio was grounded in Houston and the team had to take a bus into the city. The Pacers did not arrive at their San Antonio hotel until Thursday morning, so the team took an unscheduled day off.

By Friday afternoon, the team traveled to the Antioch Community Sports Complex in San Antonio. Players returned to practice and Granger finally blended in.

Granger jumped into five-on-five action. During a transition play, he led a break and tossed an alley-oop to Ian Mahinmi. When the Pacers worked strictly in halfcourt offensive sets, players rotated in and out but for several instances, Granger chased around and defended Paul George. Another time, as Lance Stephenson delivered a pocket pass, Granger flashed across the paint for the ball but misjudged a floater that fell short of the rim.

After the practice, Granger said that he's pain-free but still must build up his game conditioning.

"More so just getting my wind up and my conditioning in my legs," Granger said. "I really wasn't too cautious of (the calf)."
    BTW...if you aren't following Candace on her Twitter account...you should....she tweets continually thoughout the game and even during Road Trips on everything the Pacers are doing.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    After the Heat game, there is one game in 5 days, should be lots of practice time.
    Good. We need the rest, and hopefully he can keep practicing and showing he's ready.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

DANNY! DANNY! DANNY!

There is no doubt a healthy Granger will make us the favorites to win a BANNER.

How much practice time is needed to return to play mode? Is it realistic that actually could come back Friday?

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    How much practice time is needed to return to play mode? Is it realistic that actually could come back Friday?
    if granger comes back this friday that will make my near $300 spent towards lower level center court tickets against the lolcats this friday seem even more worthwhile

Friday seems quick based on how they're downplaying his progress, but that would be great.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post

More realistically next week. We have the heat on ESPN next Wednesday in Miami. And then we're on ESPN again that Friday, the 20th, in Indy against the Rockets. He could be back for one of those games.