Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

If he is doing drills that means he is practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he is doing drills that means he is practicing.
    No it doesn't. It means he's doing drills. That's a step up from straight line running and lifting, but not like he's running through live sets either.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

is this purely positioning for the pacers to attempt to move Granger at the deadline. its been so long since DG33 played. truly sad that this cat cannot contribute to the team. albeit, his minutes have allowed Lance to grow expotentially.

Danny adds a great dimension to our bench if healthy. I have faith he returns to 80% but my hunch is he gets traded. I believe Bird can upgrade this team and will get an offer to good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    is this purely positioning for the pacers to attempt to move Granger at the deadline
    No. Stop this. Danny's not getting traded. His contract coming off the books has much more value than anything we'd get for him.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

is this purely positioning for the pacers to attempt to move Granger at the deadline. its been so long since DG33 played. truly sad that this cat cannot contribute to the team. albeit, his minutes have allowed Lance to grow expotentially.

Danny adds a great dimension to our bench if healthy. I have faith he returns to 80% but my hunch is he gets traded. I believe Bird can upgrade this team and will get an offer to good to pass up.
    of course it is possible he gets traded but i doubt it. the money on his expiring contract will be needed next year and i doubt another team is going to give us anything for a guy who hasn't been healthy for quite a while now. i just don't see his value as being as high as i suspect you do.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lets get Shumpert or Ariza some how!
    “This was just a taste,” George said. “I want to be here every year until I can’t go no more.”

SMH at those who thing DG is gonna get traded... But I suppose your ok with Lance playing elsewhere next season...

They are trading him for Lance, basically. If you trade him for someone else, you have to like them better than Lance. Not gonna happen.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    No it doesn't. It means he's doing drills. That's a step up from straight line running and lifting, but not like he's running through live sets either.
    If he is participating in practice it means he is practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    If he is participating in practice it means he is practicing.
    That's technically true, but it's not usually how NBA teams define practicing.

Whatever the wording, the key part is that Granger has made it to the next step in coming back. There's at least two more steps to go to get to fully practicing, and then that has to be accomplished without soreness before he can play.

They won't trade Granger.

Pacers are very deep right now. If anything, they'll let him expire. With PG's new contract and Lance coming up - they'll need the cap room
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Nearly a 0% chance of that happening.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We obviously shouldn't trade Granger for a player who has a contract beyond this year, but we should at least see if a team would bite on Granger + 2nd round pick for an expiring. Granger + 2nd for Pierce works. Pierce should be fine once his broken mitt heals. Since Brooklyn has traded away so many picks over the years, maybe they would bite on actually netting a draft pick in a trade for once. Brooklyn is dangerously close to being at the point where they can go ahead and throw in the towel on the seaosn.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    We obviously shouldn't trade Granger for a player who has a contract beyond this year, but we should at least see if a team would bite on Granger + 2nd round pick for an expiring. Granger + 2nd for Pierce works. Pierce should be fine once his broken mitt heals. Since Brooklyn has traded away so many picks over the years, maybe they would bite on actually netting a draft pick in a trade for once. Brooklyn is dangerously close to being at the point where they can go ahead and throw in the towel on the seaosn.
    No...No on Pierce. Danny would take a secondary role with more enthusiasm than Pierce. I would rather hold onto the 2nd. I would rather go after Shawn Marion. But we would have to sweeten the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    No...No on Pierce. Danny would take a secondary role with more enthusiasm than Pierce. I would rather hold onto the 2nd. I would rather go after Shawn Marion. But we would have to sweeten the pot.
    I think that Bird could work that Celtic bond and persuade Pierce to be a team player. Pierce would know that it would only be for a few months. He'd have the opportunity to be a part of one more deep playoff run. We could get a couple of those vintage 20 PPG playoff games from him, which could come in very handy when we go on one of our inevitable offensive stalls. Then Truth can sign with his hometown Clippers in the off-season and finish his career with Doc Rivers.

I think we should offer Granger + 2nd for basically any expiring out there. See if anyone bites. If no one bites, then don't overpay and just keep DG's expiring.

I'm sorry, why would we trade away an slightly injured, expiring Granger for a larger expiring Pierce with a broken hand? Not to mention the fact that we all expect players to take less contract money(like Granger did) to help the team. Loyalty should not be a one-way street. The Pacers need to trade DG's expiring for young up and coming, cheap players for the future. Not going to happen. Let Danny expire right here and at least share in being a part of this glorious run of a season we're having. 14+ million off the books at the end of the season, a grateful Granger(and maybe a new shooting Coach?) could only help the team next year. Of course, a major injury to one of the starters would change this entire line of thinking.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

I think we should offer Granger + 2nd for basically any expiring out there. See if anyone bites. If no one bites, then don't overpay and just keep DG's expiring.
    Why would anyone even give that a nano-second of thought ??

I just don't understand why these bizzare ideas are brought up. All another team would be getting for doing the Pacers a favor would be a late 2nd round pick. Value = zilch.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Why would anyone even give that a nano-second of thought ??

I just don't understand why these bizzare ideas are brought up. All another team would be getting for doing the Pacers a favor would be a late 2nd round pick. Value = zilch.

If second round picks have no value, then why are they often included in trades? Clearly NBA teams value them to some extent.

I'm not saying that teams would bite, but it's certainly worth a shot.

I think it'd be a tough sell to convince Pierce to come off the bench behind Lance.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I was just happy when she said that part of the drills involved him cutting, as opposed to only running in straight lines.
    Absolutely, this indicates the knee is not an issue at all. The straight line stuff though is really more important to the calf, that explosive stuff, sprinting, jumping, etc. is what can aggravate the strain.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

His trade value would be very low if he doesn't come back and play well FIRST. Also, he is a huge upgrade over OJ or Solomon so the Pacers really do need him to come back and play well off the bench. AND for those times that Lance has his head up his butt (i.e. Portland) it would be nice to have Danny for those times too!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:

If second round picks have no value, then why are they often included in trades? Clearly NBA teams value them to some extent.

I'm not saying that teams would bite, but it's certainly worth a shot.
    I think 2nd round picks have value and don't at the same time, and the value changes over time and depending on which side of the trade you are on. It is difficult to pinpoint the value of a 2nd round pick at the time of a trade, but in the end almost always results in no value at all. I think part of the value of the 2nd round pick comes from the enjoyment of negotiation a GM might get caught up in. If you are on the receiving end you might tend to hype up the hypothetical value of the 2nd round pick. While if you are on the giving end it is just a worthless throw in that makes the other side feel better. The only time a 2nd round pick trade has actual real value greater than 0 is on draft day when you are targeting a specific player.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The thing is will any team give us a decent deal for a guy with a questionable future in Granger?
    Smothered Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    The thing is will any team give us a decent deal for a guy with a questionable future in Granger?
    No team would be interested in Granger because of his future. Any value he has is 100% tied to his sizable expiring contract.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think that Bird could work that Celtic bond and persuade Pierce to be a team player. Pierce would know that it would only be for a few months. He'd have the opportunity to be a part of one more deep playoff run. We could get a couple of those vintage 20 PPG playoff games from him, which could come in very handy when we go on one of our inevitable offensive stalls. Then Truth can sign with his hometown Clippers in the off-season and finish his career with Doc Rivers.

Both of those ideas are terrible. Pierce is banged up and struggling and when he is healthy he's no good unless he gets plenty of touches. I like Pierce a lot but I also don't see why the Pacers would give up a 2nd round pick at all when they can just keep Granger (I do think he'll return to playing soon) and then just let him expire at the end of the season and keep their pick. Remember they don't have a 1st rounder this year because of the Scola trade.

Solomon Hill/Copeland or a veteran minimum swingman will be Granger's replacement next year because the Pacers will be strapped for cash after paying Lance.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!