Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You and Nuntius are the only two I recall clarifying that you still want Lance to finish over a healthy Granger.
    I said it before the season a few times.

Not saying as an "I told you so.", just that I have been under the belief Lance is better in the starting lineup before he managed to do well this season. The kid is good and brings a dimension that Granger couldn't.
    Last edited by Dr. Awesome; 12-01-2013 at 03:18 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I knew this would happen at some point. The Pacers are playing so well and without any drama that Pacers fans have somehow figured out a way to manufacture their own drama.

I think I'm just going to stay away from empty debates like this and enjoy this 1st place Pacers team for what they are currently doing instead of speculating on what ifs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why is this even a conversation or debate right now? We are 15-1 and playing great. Lance is a part of that right now, whereas Danny is not. This team could still use some consistent scoring, but right now until Danny is even practicing/contributing in games, then the constant bashing, comparing to Lance, or hypothetical lineups are kind irrelevant at this point.

Our team is as presently constructed, and until we can count on the captain to come back and make some type of healthy contribution on the floor, this is who we should expect to see for the foreseeable future.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

I have no doubt that Danny would have been the difference on the game last night and more to come, just his ability to move without the ball would have been huge. Yes, we'd still lose games even with Danny but that doesn't mean we don't need him.
    Kobe is practicing and expected back soon, Rondo has been cleared to practice, and Jordon Farmer just tore his hamstring and is expected to miss 4 weeks. This is one hell of a strain, I'd like to get an update as to why it's taking this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This is one hell of a strain, I'd like to get an update as to why it's taking this long.
    That would be some interesting info to have.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

6 weeks this week yes? We should see an update by the end of this week IMO, if we don't that would be seriously concerning.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6 weeks this week yes? We should see an update by the end of this week IMO, if we don't that would be seriously concerning.
    The 8th week since the injury starts tomorrow....

(Edit: Check my math... Oct 16th was the initial calf strain)

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    The 8th week since the injury starts tomorrow....

(Edit: Check my math... Oct 16th was the initial calf strain)
    Well I was going from when they announced he would miss the start of the regular season http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/98...espnapi_public

Here's my thing about all this: Danny hurt the calf initially on the 16th, then comes back two days later and plays in a preseason game (actually does well 4-7 for 11 points in 16 minutes) and then re-aggravates the calf presumably damaging the strained muscle more. Why exactly did we bring him back at all in that game? Anyway using the 19th as the first day where he had what I'm going to call the grade 2+ strain which I'm going to assume is the actual reason he has missed the time.

Using that timeline of the 19th, we're at 45 days today so I guess just over 6 weeks. The report that he was running during practice came on Saturday which would have been exactly the 42nd day since the 19th. I'd like to hear something by the end of the week still, another update, perhaps a target return date. That would be my hope, using the 30th as the date we heard of him running, it is still possible IMO that we are just following a very, very conservative recovery time for a grade 2+ strain.

But who knows.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Is the 16th the DAL game or the CHI game? The initial injury was versus Dallas, but he played at Chicago and reaggravated it there. I wonder if it started out as a mild strain or sprain or whatever and then became something more severe after the Chicago game? Must have.
    My theory as well. There are a lot of factors at play here. The team's hot start obviously gives us no reason to rush him back, the spectre of his knee problem looms over this both on the board (our skepticism of what the injury is) and I'm sure within the team (taking the steps to rehab correctly and not have an incident like we just saw Rose have).

I honestly don't know, the team doesn't desperately need him, but damn it would have been nice to have Danny last night in Portland to spell Lance when he was struggling like that.

We'll see, I really have no idea at this point, but like I said I see no reason we shouldn't see some sort of update on Friday or Saturday of this week. I don't know when/if he'll be back, but that Char/Det double homestand on 12/13 and 12/16 seems like as decent a time as any if he's actually getting healthy. Two opponents we should be beat with multiple days of rest at home between the two games.

Oct 16th until today is 49 days. He did play and aggravate the injury on the 18th (2 days later) which would then be 47 days ago. So it's been 7 full weeks since the initial injury and Friday will start the 8th week since aggravating it. Either way 6 weeks is in the rear view mirror.

------

-John Wooden

Oct 16th until today is 49 days. He did play and aggravate the injury on the 18th (2 days later) which would then be 47 days ago. So it's been 7 full weeks since the initial injury and Friday will start the 8th week since aggravating it. Either way 6 weeks is in the rear view mirror.
    You're right you start recovery immediately after an injury. Like literally as soon as it happens.

I think using the 19th as the beginning of his rehab is more than reasonable, and heck is probably actually being aggressive. You can have as much as a week of rest before you're even allowed to start rehabbing injuries at times.

I'll just put this here so no one forgets about it
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 12-03-2013 at 11:55 AM.

You're right you start recovery immediately after an injury. Like literally as soon as it happens.

I think using the 19th as the beginning of his rehab is more than reasonable, and heck is probably actually being aggressive. You can have as much as a week of rest before you're even allowed to start rehabbing injuries at times.
    OK... Saturday starts the 8th week since the 19th. Does that really make that much difference to the point that the Pacers said he'd be out 3 weeks, forum speculation took it to a potential of 6 weeks, and it's now into the 7th week no matter which date you want to use (16th, 18th, or 19th (day after aggravating injury)) and by the weekend we'll be starting the 8th week?

------

-John Wooden

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I was hoping that this thread would be buried. I shall call this the Zombie Thread. 1. Because it struts around to top of the page one like a walker. 2. Because I am beginning to think that a Zombie will suit up before Danny.

OK... Saturday starts the 8th week since the 19th. Does that really make that much difference to the point that the Pacers said he'd be out 3 weeks, forum speculation took it to a potential of 6 weeks, and it's now into the 7th week no matter which date you want to use (16th, 18th, or 19th (day after aggravating injury)) and by the weekend we'll be starting the 8th week?
    You're right he's probably dead. I mean what do you want me to say? All I'm saying is it's not that ridiculous to think that if we're taking it slow this schedule isn't that insane. As far as the Pacers initial press release on the 28th or whatever, that means pretty much nothing.

While I was recovering from my sprained ankle last month, I had a grade 2 sprain, they originally thought I was progressing well, but then got delayed by another two weeks because the soft tissue surrounding my ankle and the achilles tendon were not healing the way they wanted and I could perform the explosive movements they wanted to see from me. **** happens when you're rehabbing soft tissue.

I still have pain in the soft tissue around the ankle, but luckily I've been cleared because I'm not trying to go be an NBA player, I'm just trying to get up and down the court in pick up games at the Monon Center.

I haven't been in this thread that much, and no I don't know when or if Danny will be back, but I really don't understand what some of you are trying to accomplish in here.

Are we trying to say the training staff is incompetent? That Danny isn't working hard enough? That it's been a cover up all along? Who knows, and really who cares. We're 16-2.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 12-03-2013 at 12:04 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I'll just put this here so no one forgets about it
    I asked before and nobody answered or linked to it...
    Did the Pacers ever declare this a Grade 2 calf strain or did the forum speculate that must be what it is?

------

-John Wooden

You can tell who has been through sports injuries, and who hasn't.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

I asked before and nobody answered or linked to it...
    Did the Pacers ever declare this a Grade 2 calf strain or did the forum speculate that must be what it is?
    All the Pacers did was declare it a calf strain, symptoms and rehab time lineup with a grade 2, I'm not saying it's gospel, but neither are any of the other options.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I think it is funny that instead of saying a month to two. They say 6 weeks. That way people don't freak out.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I think it is funny that instead of saying a month to two. They say 6 weeks. That way people don't freak out.
    I guess that's what I don't understand about this, is there something to freak out about? Is there a pressing need for Danny to return? Heck he only has this year left on his deal, there is literally nothing to stress about here.

All the Pacers did was declare it a calf strain, symptoms and rehab time lineup with a grade 2, I'm not saying it's gospel, but neither are any of the other options.
    It could be a light grade 3. There isn't an exact science on the grades of strains, as it's mostly dependent on the symptoms the athlete is feeling. If they're withholding something (just speculating) it could cause a doctor/trainer to think it's less severe than it is. Or when the injury is re-aggervated they're going to bump the timetable back.

It's like of like getting the flu. It could be a 24 hr thing, it could be a three day thing, there's no way of knowing until you let it run it's course.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

You're right he's probably dead. I mean what do you want me to say? All I'm saying is it's not that ridiculous to think that if we're taking it slow this schedule isn't that insane. As far as the Pacers initial press release on the 28th or whatever, that means pretty much nothing.
    When the Pacers say they expect him to miss 3 weeks then I think we should expect him to miss 3 weeks. Especially when they are downplaying the injury with words like 'precautionary'. So, yeah, I think staring at 8 weeks coming up this week and him with no sign he's ready to go isn't exactly on par with expectations.

I can't find anything official that says he suffered a grade II calf strain... just forum speculation. Maybe I've missed it. With 6 weeks in the rear view mirror you have to start wondering and certainly a grade II looks probable. But then if that is the case, why the initial statement that they expect him to miss 3 weeks?

An update of sorts would be nice. I don't expect to see his medical records opened up or anything. Just a general summary of what is going on that put 3 weeks so far in the rear view mirror and what we should now expect going forward.

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    It could be a light grade 3. There isn't an exact science on the grades of strains, as it's mostly dependent on the symptoms the athlete is feeling. If they're withholding something (just speculating) it could cause a doctor/trainer to think it's less severe than it is. Or when the injury is re-aggervated they're going to bump the timetable back.

It's like of like getting the flu. It could be a 24 hr thing, it could be a three day thing, there's no way of knowing until you let it run it's course.
    Yeah, I had a great conversation with my doctor when he declared my ankle sprain a severe grade 2

Me: Could you clarify that, I've always wondered how you guys get to the grades
    Him: Basically that it hurts a lot and will know more in a week or two.

Of course they didn't want to force me to go through an MRI at that point and x-rays were negative and my ankle wasn't showing any gross instability indicating muscle or ligament tears.

When the Pacers say they expect him to miss 3 weeks then I think we should expect him to miss 3 weeks. Especially when they are downplaying the injury with words like 'precautionary'. So, yeah, I think staring at 8 weeks coming up this week and him with no sign he's ready to go isn't exactly on par with expectations.
    You do realize that there is almost two weeks in there between when the injury occurred and when they said it would be three weeks, right? You make it sound like he's 5 weeks off schedule, when it's really closer to being two.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

I can't find anything official that says he suffered a grade II calf strain... just forum speculation. Maybe I've missed it. With 6 weeks in the rear view mirror you have to start wondering and certainly a grade II looks probable. But then if that is the case, why the initial statement that they expect him to miss 3 weeks?

An update of sorts would be nice. I don't expect to see his medical records opened up or anything. Just a general summary of what is going on that put 3 weeks so far in the rear view mirror and what we should now expect going forward.
    I mean I agree, I'd love to see an update, but I just can't get that worked up about it. I know how schedules can change on a rehab, it's happened to me twice, and like I said the team's playing well, I just don't care that much. If he comes back and contributes great, if not then it will suck just because I'd love for him to get to be a part of this run, but sometimes those are the breaks.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    The Pacers didn't say 6 weeks though. The Pacers said 3 weeks. And AFAIK the Pacers never said Grade II either.
    So 6 weeks is a forum creation that has become part of the narrative as if it's an official statement. Grade II 3-6 weeks doesn't appear to be anything the Pacers ever said. The forum speculated all of that is what it looks like. The Pacers said 3 weeks.

------

-John Wooden