Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 1696

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

  1. #526
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,863

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lance can't deal with Granger coming back you have to question if you even want Lance on the team next year.
    I don't think it has to be personal or Lance having a problem with Granger. It's just that every person in the starting line up has the spot sewn up, rock solid. Including Lance. But if Danny comes back, no other starter will be looking over his shoulder except Lance. Roy or Hill can make two mistakes in a row and they'll be fine. If Lance does, it may mean he starts to sit.

    That could be an issue for any player on our squad, it's just that Lance is the only one who may have to deal with it. Factor in Granger being up and down, healthy and not healthy, and all the inconsistancy involved with that, and it can have it's effect.

    I'm not saying it's a reason to keep Granger from finishing, and I'm not saying I don't want him to get healthy. I'm just pointing out the realities of what happens if a healthy Granger returns.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  3. #527
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lance can't deal with Granger coming back you have to question if you even want Lance on the team next year.

    We are 100% certain that Lance works perfectly with the four other starters who are locked up after this season. Lance has to be on next year's team no matter what.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  5. #528
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,609

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    If there is a chance that Granger starts practicing before the Miami game on the 10th. today is his chance. We'll have very few practice days anyway with the schedule for the next 11 days so the team could honestly say that he's returned to full practice with the rest of the team while he rest since there isn't' any time to practice anyway.This is a tough road trip and we could really use Granger toward the end of it.

  6. #529

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lance can't deal with Granger coming back you have to question if you even want Lance on the team next year.
    I disagree. Lance has been brought along slowly but still has maturity issues. Hopefully he is a pacer down the road and becomes a little more mature but to think that the Lance we have today is a normal adult is wishful thinking. The team will continue to have to bring him along such that as he develops into his mid-20s these issues are not as apparent. He is still pissing opposing team players off which isn't necessary.

  7. #530
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lance can't deal with Granger coming back you have to question if you even want Lance on the team next year.
    wat?

  8. #531

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wat?
    I think he meant if Lance cant be mature enough to deal with competition its a red flag

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  10. #532
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he meant if Lance cant be mature enough to deal with competition its a red flag
    Lance has been a walking red flag from day one, but to cut ties now would be absolutely moronic.

  11. #533
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,659
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he meant if Lance cant be mature enough to deal with competition its a red flag
    I think Lance has proved time and time again throughout his career he thrives on competition and loves it. That has always been my favorite trait of Lance the kid just loves to play basketball and he wants to win. I laugh when some people fear giving him big $$. Lance loves basketball I wouldn't worry that he would quit working hard by paying him a big contract. He is the definition of a gym rat.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  13. #534

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    You say he loves competition. But when had he had any since started playing well? Hes never had to face the possibility of going back to the bench. Which might not happen with Granger but who knows in 3 years.

  14. #535
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,659
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You say he loves competition. But when had he had any since started playing well? Hes never had to face the possibility of going back to the bench. Which might not happen with Granger but who knows in 3 years.
    Just watch him play in a pickup game in the summer or shoot around before games. The guy competes at everything. He won't be going back to the bench ever again if he keeps up this level of play. He is better than what Granger could give us, but if the coaching staff went that direction. Lance has already stated he was disappointed he was going to start. He said he was looking forward to leading the 2nd unit.


    Lance elevates his play when he is facing challenges. He has never backed down to a challenge at any level. I really doubt he would have issue competing with Danny. Danny may have an issue competing with him, but I don't see an issue either way.

  15. #536
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Lance has proved time and time again throughout his career he thrives on competition and loves it. That has always been my favorite trait of Lance the kid just loves to play basketball and he wants to win. I laugh when some people fear giving him big $$. Lance loves basketball I wouldn't worry that he would quit working hard by paying him a big contract. He is the definition of a gym rat.
    My concern isn't that he won't work hard, it's that I worry he won't be so receptive to listening when people try to keep him mentally focused or mature.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  17. #537

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    There is no reason at all for Lance to go back to the bench and it would be absolutely stupid to put him on the bench the way this team is playing. You wanna put Lance on the bench ruin the rhythm just for Granger to get hurt 2 weeks later. No thanks.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Powww For This Useful Post:


  19. #538
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,659
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My concern isn't that he won't work hard, it's that I worry he won't be so receptive to listening when people try to keep him mentally focused or mature.
    As long as Bird is hear I personally wouldn't worry about that. Lance has always been a bit stubborn, but most players from the AAU era are. Tons of great players like Kobe and many other lesser players aren't receptive to listening and still make the proper sacrifice to win when the time comes. I think Lance loves this organization and would do whatever Bird and Vogel wanted him to do. He has been on the same page with the organization for a good period of time I don;t see money changing that. But that is JMO

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  21. #539

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Powww View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no reason at all for Lance to go back to the bench and it would be absolutely stupid to put him on the bench the way this team is playing. You wanna put Lance on the bench ruin the rhythm just for Granger to get hurt 2 weeks later. No thanks.
    Not bothering to read what somebody says in a debate does not somehow boost your arguments validity.

    Who knows in 3 years we might have a breakout star at SG who can challenge him and if hes not mature enough to handle that it could destroy chemistry.

    Look at Hill and Collison. One was fine coming off the bench the other was not. Who did we keep?

  22. #540
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,659
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not bothering to read what somebody says in a debate does not somehow boost your arguments validity.

    Who knows in 3 years we might have a breakout star at SG who can challenge him and if hes not mature enough to handle that it could destroy chemistry.

    Look at Hill and Collison. One was fine coming off the bench the other was not. Who did we keep?
    This sounds like a great problem to have I hope it happens. I would love a star SG to pop out of thin air that would be pretty cool

  23. #541

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This sounds like a great problem to have I hope it happens. I would love a star SG to pop out of thin air that would be pretty cool
    When you act like this its really ignorant. Bird found Lance in the second round. Whose to say he cant do it again? Or who knows maybe we sign and trade Granger for a pick that grows to challenge him. 18 months ago Lance was a knucklehead who had one more year.

    So to act like hes irreplacable is just plain ignorant.

  24. #542
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,500

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you act like this its really ignorant. Bird found Lance in the second round. Whose to say he cant do it again? Or who knows maybe we sign and trade Granger for a pick that grows to challenge him. 18 months ago Lance was a knucklehead who had one more year.

    So to act like hes irreplacable is just plain ignorant.
    I hope you aren't acting like it's probable either, because it'd be the same.

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  26. #543
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,659
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope you aren't acting like it's probable either, because it'd be the same.
    It isn't probable, but if it did happen it would be great. We could either trade this young "star" SG for a solid young package of picks and cheap role players. Or we trade Lance for the same. It would only help . That is kind of what happen to the Spurs had a budding young player in Stephen Jackson and along came Manu. I don't even think that is a fair comp ethier because Jack with the Spurs wasn't nearly as important as Lance is to us.


    Maybe Eddie Jones Kobe Bryant is a better comp. (even though Kobe is much better). Eddie was a great player in teh prime of his career who was supplanted by a young stud. The stud was of course a lottery pick and would soon be one of the greatest to ever play. The Eddie Jones Kobe situation was a great situation for the Lakers. They had two very good players who also were very good trade assets. If that ever happens I am sure we would do the same thing trade one of a nice haul of players.

  27. #544
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,609

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Any word on a practice today?

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  29. #545

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It isn't probable, but if it did happen it would be great. We could either trade this young "star" SG for a solid young package of picks and cheap role players. Or we trade Lance for the same. It would only help . That is kind of what happen to the Spurs had a budding young player in Stephen Jackson and along came Manu. I don't even think that is a fair comp ethier because Jack with the Spurs wasn't nearly as important as Lance is to us.


    Maybe Eddie Jones Kobe Bryant is a better comp. (even though Kobe is much better). Eddie was a great player in teh prime of his career who was supplanted by a young stud. The stud was of course a lottery pick and would soon be one of the greatest to ever play. The Eddie Jones Kobe situation was a great situation for the Lakers. They had two very good players who also were very good trade assets. If that ever happens I am sure we would do the same thing trade one of a nice haul of players.
    Having talented people who lack maturatiy is not a situation where it can only help. See examples such as Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley. `

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  31. #546
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,609

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    I found this from Montieth:
    How can we go from a 3-6 week period that might only be 1 week because the team is just being cautious to "we're still a long ways away" 6 weeks later?
    It seems like any info we've received since Granger tweeted that his knee was fine has all came from Vogel.
    How about someone with twitter tries to reach out to Candice again to see if she can get the scoop?

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/more-...-sticks-george

    Granger running again

    Danny Granger was running along the sideline and back and forth across the court while the Pacers worked in the half court at the end of Saturday's practice at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. He also participated in some of the team's shooting drills and skeleton offense.
    Granger played just five games last season because of persistent knee issues, and has yet to play this season. He's suffered lately from a strained calf muscle.
    Coach Frank Vogel said Granger is “still a long ways away” from returning, but remains optimistic he'll return and contribute at some point.
    “As soon as we lose a game we're going to rush him back,” Vogel joked.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  33. #547
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    I could see it either way at this point. Either there's more to it that they're hiding, or this is an injury that if Granger was more important to the team and we weren't doing so well and he wasn't also coming off of the other trouble he's just been coming off of, he might already have been playing by now, soreness be damned. I just can't be sure either way.

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  35. #548
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Coach Frank Vogel said Granger is “still a long ways away” from returning, but remains optimistic he'll return and contribute at some point.
    “As soon as we lose a game we're going to rush him back,” Vogel joked.
    Therefore, if logic serves me correctly, I conclude that Vogel believes we are a "long ways" away from losing a game. Wink-wink.

  36. #549
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,609

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could see it either way at this point. Either there's more to it that they're hiding, or this is an injury that if Granger was more important to the team and we weren't doing so well and he wasn't also coming off of the other trouble he's just been coming off of, he might already have been playing by now, soreness be damned. I just can't be sure either way.
    Same here, I just don't know. I'm as big of a Granger supporter as they come and I really want him to be part of this title run but this is wearing thin. From what they've led us to beleive this sprain shouldn't have taken this long. I'd like someone to be honest with the fans and tell us why. Now the team will go off on a road trip for over a week which is another excuse.

  37. #550
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,410

    Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

    Could it be that they are just being over cautious due to not wanting him to play through the calf injury to re injure his knee? It seems like when players have injuries their bodies adjust and compensate which puts more pressure on other parts of the body. Which is grangers case it's not something they would want due to his knee issues.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •