Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DG was in street clothes at last nights games. I agree with the above. Jan return. And I don't see much pt for him.
    I think about 20 mpg is more than enough to play him at. He just needs to do better than OJ/Copeland/Solo and then give the remaining 12 to 16 mpg to any of them.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

seriously I am kind of annoyed without any new news. It went from he's on pace to practicing next week to assuming he hasn't seen any kind of practice at all. I just want some positive news haha

do you think its possible that he might be ready to play but bird doesnt want him to disrupt this teams chemistry?

maybe they would have him do private workouts with other teams to show he can play and then they will trade him before he ever puts on a pacers jersey again..

just had this thought today

Quote Originally Posted by ReggiesUncle View Post
    do you think its possible that he might be ready to play but bird doesnt want him to disrupt this teams chemistry?

maybe they would have him do private workouts with other teams to show he can play and then they will trade him before he ever puts on a pacers jersey again..

No, not even remotely a possibility. Bird isn't stupid, and knows better than to worry about chemistry with Granger coming back.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bird doesn't meddle like that. He'll leave it to the trainers, Vogel, and Granger.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

@ScottAgness: Frank Vogel with a classic one-liner as reporters surrounded him: (Paraphrased) “You’re all here for me? Danny did not practice.” #okseeya

@ScottAgness: @TheGareBearer no update. Clearly still soreness or he'd be practice. When more info is there, I'll tweet it out. #neverfear

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I doubt that any of this is likely.

if its concerns about chemisty concerns, it is better to work out those concerns now...rather than later.

as for working out with other teams.....given the amount of salary that would have to be moved to trade Granger....it would be hard to fina any trade that makes sense.

The likely reason there is no news is cuz there is no news.....there simply is stull some soreness.

Just do what i am doing, expect that he wont be playing til January and u will save yourxelf some time.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-26-2013 at 04:14 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I know we're still in the normal range for this kind of a sprain, but if this keeps up more than another week or so, isn't it time to just let him practice anyway? I mean if this lingers too long, his body is going to be in for a shock when he starts practicing again as it would be for anybody who is inactive this long, right? Isn't there going to come a point before much longer where he needs to come back to practice just to keep the rest of his body going strong?

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

That's a let down. But he'd be having to do at least some phsyical activity in order to say that he's having soreness.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Since we're just throwing stuff out there you have to wonder if Danny has been the one overly cautious? Maybe he knows he's not coming back after this season and not willing to risk anything at this time.

Edit: If Danny comes back hopefully he will be sensible about that starting job as in you need to prove it's still yours with your play.
    Last edited by RWB; 11-26-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Since we're just throwing stuff out there you have to wonder if Danny has been the one overly cautious? Maybe he knows he's not coming back after this season and not willing to risk anything at this time.

Edit: If Danny comes back hopefully he will be sensible about that starting job as in you need to prove it's still yours with your play.
    At this pace we will probably be able to bring him back on a cheap on year contract just so he can try and prove he is worth a larger contract.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

I don't know. From the comments I've read or seen/heard from him, my impression was he feels like he could be playing already, but that it's the trainers who are holding him back out of concern and being conservative.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    At this pace we will probably be able to bring him back on a cheap on year contract just so he can try and prove he is worth a larger contract.
    Unless he can be had for the veteran minimum....we wont have the capspace to re-sign him without going over the LT ( this, of course assumes that Lance is the guy that we re-sign ).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Back in May I would have bet my house that Danny would be back before Kobe... I now believe I would be homeless...

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He hasn't been healthy in forever. I doubt many throw big money at him unless he comes back and plays a good portion of the season and looks good. Maybe the Lakers give him a big 1 year offer to keep flexibility.
    (maybe a Bynum like contract)

I could see the Lakers targeting him to play with Kobe. Kobe, Melo, Granger would be an interesting team.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post

This is the season that he has to prove he is worth keeping around, not next season. After missing last year, this is the year that he has to show he can still be a major contributor to this team. There is obviously still plenty of season left, but it's late November and he can't even string together practices yet. If he doesn't contribute this season, then we shouldn't keep him under any circumstances. Our financial situation is way too precarious to be throwing money on question marks.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-26-2013 at 08:31 PM.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

If anyone has motivation to start playing as soon as possible it's Danny. Even if he came back and played at a high level for almost every game this year I think he'd still have to take a big paycut next year. Right now every game he misses will have a negative impact on his next contract. If he really doesn't start playing until Jan. and misses many other games during the remainder of the season then I doubt if he gets much more then a vet. min. contract offer which if it comes to that I hope that offer is from the Pacers.
    Of course if he came back and wasn't up to playing at a high level due to the calf strain and put up really bad numbers then that wouldn't help his cause either.

There was a game last week (maybe Knicks) where after we won Danny got up to congratulate the team and he appeared to be limping. I thought it could have been some "swagger" but after a couple rewinds it definitely seemed like a limp. I thought it was wierd because his current injury doesn't sound like it would cause that but maybe it would?

Did anyone else notice this?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to RandyWrinkles For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RandyWrinkles View Post
    No. But now I wish I still had it on the DVR.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    No. But now I wish I still had it on the DVR.
    Pretty sure SportsVU cameras track this. Look under "Hype (vigorous high fives, post-dunk rope lines, ear lickings)"

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RandyWrinkles View Post
    There was a game last week (maybe Knicks) where after we won Danny got up to congratulate the team and he appeared to be limping. I thought it could have been some "swagger" but after a couple rewinds it definitely seemed like a limp. I thought it was wierd because his current injury doesn't sound like it would cause that but maybe it would?

His leg went to sleep after sitting for so long.....
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Pretty sure SportsVU cameras track this. Look under "Hype (vigorous high fives, post-dunk rope lines, ear lickings)"
    Stuff like that can be found on the internet?
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    I think some of it is covered on the new NBA.com.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Granger for Pierce works in the trade machine. Pierce is also an expiring contract. If Brooklyn keeps losing, I wonder if they would entertain this trade in a couple of months if we sprinkled in a second round pick?

If we somehow acquired Pierce, we could give him a lot of rest down the stretch so that he would be fresh for the playoffs. He could be a great spark off of the bench in the postseason. I think he could pull out a couple of vintage performances in the playoffs which could come in very handy.

Pierce and Bird have the Celtic connection. Bird should consider trying this if Brooklyn keeps losing.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Granger for Pierce works in the trade machine. Pierce is also an expiring contract. If Brooklyn keeps losing, I wonder if they would entertain this trade in a couple of months if we sprinkled in a second round pick?
    Why? What makes Granger as an expiring more valuable than Pierce to the Nets as an expiring?

And are you actually thinking of bringing Pierce off the bench? He'd go nuts. You can't bring him in to start - it's one thing to have a guy who was The Man for the team return from injury and start over a guy playing well (and even THAT is controversial to some folks), it entirely another to go out and get someone and bring them in as a starter over the guy who has played well.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

39. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post: