Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what's his trade value going to be
    I think going by most of the comments on PD that would be zero as in he is not going to be traded and the Pacers will let his contract expire.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I haven't read anything that he's practiced this week.
    My bad, I apparently was a little confused, it is all starting to just kind of blur together.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Someone refresh my memory: When/what was the last piece of substantive news about Granger's status?

Them coming back and saying the MRI was negative for a tear.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Them coming back and saying the MRI was negative for a tear.

What about the practice timetable?

A grade II calf strain is 3-6 weeks.

EDIT: Monday will be the beginning of week 5. This is the end of the 3rd week, after they announced 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Since86; 11-22-2013 at 12:58 PM.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Sports Logo

A grade II calf strain is 3-6 weeks.

EDIT: Monday will be the beginning of week 5. This is the end of the 3rd week, after they announced 3 weeks.
    Can you help me with the dates?

You say that this is the end of the 3rd week.....yet Monday will be the beginning of Week 5? Do you mean Monday would be beginning of Week 4?

Question to those that knows about these type of sports injuries.....is it possible that if your body isn't in "game shape" that a Player's body that isn't 100% ( or close to 100% ) is more susecptable to minor injuries like this that can take you out for small but extended periods of time?

If this is the case....I'm inclined to simply let Granger rest and fully recover, get his body back into Game shape ( during practice ) so that there is less chance of minor setbacks like this. I fully expect that he will have a lot of rust to shake off.....but that's different than having your Body prepared to handle the rigors of regular Game Play.

I don't want to rush him back when his body isn't fully ready to handle it. If that means that he can sit out until the end of December...heck ,even until January 10th ( the beginning of a 4 game home stand for a week and a half )...just so that his body is 100% ready...I'd do that.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Can you help me with the dates?

You say that this is the end of the 3rd week.....yet Monday will be the beginning of Week 5? Do you mean Monday would be beginning of Week 4?

Question to those that knows about these type of sports injuries.....is it possible that if your body isn't in "game shape" that a Player's body that isn't 100% ( or close to 100% ) is more susecptable to minor injuries like this that can take you out for small but extended periods of time?

If this is the case....I'm inclined to simply let Granger rest and fully recover, get his body back into Game shape ( during practice ) so that there is less chance of minor setbacks like this. I fully expect that he will have a lot of rust to shake off.....but that's different than having your Body prepared to handle the rigors of regular Game Play.

I don't want to rush him back when his body isn't fully ready to handle it. If that means that he can sit out until the end of December...heck ,even until January 10th ( the beginning of a 4 game home stand for a week and a half )...just so that his body is 100% ready...I'd do that.
    Danny had already pretty much sat a whole week, prior to the announcment that he would be out 3 weeks, so I'm just adding that in there.

And yes, not being in in tip-top shape, trying to handle the workload can and will result in injuries. I think it's a good sign, knee wise, that other parts of Danny's body are, for a lack of a better term, breaking down before his knee does.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Cool. I guess Danny's calves are ready to start bawlin'.
    But an hour or so later, Hibbert wrote on his Twitter account: "Love this coach [and] I love this team. We can go far this year if we play like that. 2night we played our hearts out. Just didn't get the win."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hoopsforlife For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

It doesn't mean much...but it's something

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Cow. C O W E I E I O. Had to put this here, commercial always cracks me up, dagmabit.
    That guy reminds me of so many people I know. Not the spelling part. Just the mannerisms, and overall character.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Any chance we see Danny tonight? Or any news?

Man I'm hoping to hear that he is back in practice this week. We have some tough road games ahead of us, would be nice to have him available for that 2nd unit.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Tonight as in actually playing?! Id be happy hearing the guy made it through 2 consecutive practices with out any back cramps or sinus infections or tightness in his spleen.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I think the odds are very high we'll see him tonight, probably showing off a very expensive sport coat.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

No. Vogel has said that Danny will not play until they string together some practices without any discomfort.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

No. Vogel has said that Danny will not play until they string together some practices without any discomfort.
    Have there been any practices without discomfort that we know of?
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Sports Logo

I'm at the point where I'd want to string together a 2 full weeks of full-blown practice without seeing any discomfort coming from any part of his body.

I seriously do not want him to play until he is deemed 100% and can sustain a lot of heavy-duty activity in practice for extended periods of time.

Part of it is that I want to be sure that he is fully healthy....and the other part of me is just tired of him having minor setbacks because he is seemingly rushed back too early.

If I was Danny, I'd ask that they not give any updates to the press. That way he can come out and drop 25 and 10 on an unsuspecting opponent.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MnvrChvy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    Have there been any practices without discomfort that we know of?
    No. They've only been getting one day inbetween games this past week, and for the extended future it looks like, so they're probably having pretty light practices/shoot arounds. I hope they've been having Danny workout, but I've not yet seen any updates on anything.

I'd assume there is a practice today and from what we know it's been a week since his last attempt. Let's hope we here something today.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Pacers can afford to take their time with Danny because they are winning! I'm really not concerned when he comes back because I don't really think they even need him.

Danny Granger is probably my second favorite player on the team but I'd rather they take their time and let him come back when he is completely ready. No one should criticize the team for holding him back. Just look at what can happen if you don't give a player enough rest. Derrick Rose suffered a right thigh strain and then tore his right meniscus. We can't say that the two injuries are related but we can't say that they aren't either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

I have a gut feeling based on nothing but my gut feeling that we're probably looking at January here. Use December to get him slowly back to a point where he can practice with some regularity. Start January with some light minutes, maybe every other game to start. After the ASB, have him adjusted to whatever regular minutes he'll see.

That said, I really do feel with Granger, it will be a case where he'll still probably have setbacks, play a few games and then miss a week or two, etc. I've seen this before in far too many injuries: when you're this far behind where you were supposed to be, it's usually chronic, and it's usually going to continue being a problem.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Mood

DG was in street clothes at last nights games. I agree with the above. Jan return. And I don't see much pt for him.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    I have a gut feeling based on nothing but my gut feeling that we're probably looking at January here. Use December to get him slowly back to a point where he can practice with some regularity. Start January with some light minutes, maybe every other game to start. After the ASB, have him adjusted to whatever regular minutes he'll see.

That said, I really do feel with Granger, it will be a case where he'll still probably have setbacks, play a few games and then miss a week or two, etc. I've seen this before in far too many injuries: when you're this far behind where you were supposed to be, it's usually chronic, and it's usually going to continue being a problem.
    That is what I want....wait til January. Get his body into game-shape through as much practice as possible....have him scrimmage for a solid 2-3 week period without any injury...and have him come back in a month.

I would much rather have him fully recover and wait a full month, then rush him back and have a good chance that he get some minor injury that only puts him back on the shelf for an extended period of time.