Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1696

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

  1. #1651
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,241

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has looked pretty bad lately. Reggie at 39 looked more spry than DG does at 30. He has been a solid passer and has come up with some crafty defensive plays, but he's just not giving us productive offense. He can't create a shot, he can't successfully take it to the rack, and he can't get open without the ball like he used to. His offensive skills are just a shell of what they used to be.
    He hasn't looked great for a few games but this was really the first game I think his offense looked bad. He's shown that he can defend, pass, move with and without the ball and take it to the rack and when he does he hits his foul shots in several games already. You can point to one or 2 games but overall I just don't agree with you on this, I can point to games where he's done all the things you say he isn't doing. Vogel brought up that he expected Granger to have some good games and then struggle, he didn't think his progression would be in a straight line. I still expect Granger to improve this year.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  3. #1652
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,241

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one that thinks he barely looks like he belongs on an NBA roster anymore. .
    No, I think there are 3 or 4 others who decided that before the preseason started. A lot of us understand that he's coming back from surgery and we just need to give him the time it takes. He's still our best chance at adding an impact player come playoff time.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  5. #1653
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,581

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    It doesn't really look like he is playing old at all, just looks like all he is being asked to do is stand in the corner and wait for a pass. If that is all you are asked to do, you aren't really going to look like you can do much else. Earlier in the season he was playing a lot more active, and was doing more on offense. So I have no idea why he is now playing mostly as just a stand at the three and wait kind of player.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  7. #1654
    Member mb221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OC, MD
    Age
    30
    Posts
    301

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly...so unless Orlando is ready to trade Afflalo and one of Harrington/Davis/Nelson for Granger then it aint happening...
    Al Harrington is not on the Orlando Magic anymore. He is currently injured on the Washington Wizards.

  8. #1655
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    1,528

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't really look like he is playing old at all, just looks like all he is being asked to do is stand in the corner and wait for a pass. If that is all you are asked to do, you aren't really going to look like you can do much else. Earlier in the season he was playing a lot more active, and was doing more on offense. So I have no idea why he is now playing mostly as just a stand at the three and wait kind of player.
    I've noticed the same type of thing. Maybe Frank could consider playing a lineup of Hill, Watson, and Granger and the 1, 2 and 3 for a few minutes a game? It could get Danny more involved and allow opportunities for him to create offensively. I know we like to have Paul or Lance on the floor at all times, but I wonder if that's taking away from Granger having opportunities to create for himself. It could be a complete disaster, but I'd like to see what would happen.

  9. #1656
    Ain't Happening BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,060

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't really look like he is playing old at all, just looks like all he is being asked to do is stand in the corner and wait for a pass. If that is all you are asked to do, you aren't really going to look like you can do much else. Earlier in the season he was playing a lot more active, and was doing more on offense. So I have no idea why he is now playing mostly as just a stand at the three and wait kind of player.
    He's having greater problems against the more athletic teams we have been playing recently. Phoenix, Golden State, Denver, Sacramento, etc. He's a step slow and cannot get open against those teams. We can only hope that he starts moving better. IF that happens and he fully gets his legs under him, he will become an important weapon. If he does not get better, he will be a non-factor.

  10. #1657
    Ain't Happening BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,060

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've noticed the same type of thing. Maybe Frank could consider playing a lineup of Hill, Watson, and Granger and the 1, 2 and 3 for a few minutes a game? It could get Danny more involved and allow opportunities for him to create offensively. I know we like to have Paul or Lance on the floor at all times, but I wonder if that's taking away from Granger having opportunities to create for himself. It could be a complete disaster, but I'd like to see what would happen.
    Granger trying to create for himself would be a disaster. Even when healthy, he wasn't that great at that. He is best used as 3 point shooter at this point until he shows he can move better.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  12. #1658
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger trying to create for himself would be a disaster. Even when healthy, he wasn't that great at that. He is best used as 3 point shooter at this point until he shows he can move better.
    I actually want more of Danny in the post. He usually is bigger than who is guarding him, his shot isn't hot right now, and he's been making some nice passes out of the post.

  13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  14. #1659
    Ain't Happening BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,060

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually want more of Danny in the post. He usually is bigger than who is guarding him, his shot isn't hot right now, and he's been making some nice passes out of the post.
    I agree with that. He doesn't have to try to get open if in the post...and he's passing well. That is indeed a good use for him while he shores up his game.

  15. #1660
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,500

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Are we all pretty much accepting that Granger isn't a consolation prize and suitable replacement if we don't re-sign Lance?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  17. #1661
    The Chef! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,195

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we all pretty much accepting that Granger isn't a consolation prize and suitable replacement if we don't re-sign Lance?
    If anyone thinks he is then they are kidding themselves.
    @qandrews9428

  18. #1662
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,743

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually want more of Danny in the post. He usually is bigger than who is guarding him, his shot isn't hot right now, and he's been making some nice passes out of the post.
    This. Keep him paired up with Paul and put either in the post who's being guarded by the opposing 2. You can do it with Lance as well. The other plays the wing position and play through your wing post-up.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  19. #1663
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,743

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we all pretty much accepting that Granger isn't a consolation prize and suitable replacement if we don't re-sign Lance?
    I still don't think this is the "new" Danny Granger, but I think it's clear he'll never be a starter again.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  21. #1664
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,581

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    About 6 games ago everyone was excited by how Granger was playing and moving, and no one said he looked done or like he was 38. A few poor shooting games later, and suddenly everyone thinks he is over the hill. It is amazing how short of memories people have when it comes to Granger.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  23. #1665
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Hell, forget Granger, look how short people's memories are of the entire team. Suddenly the entire bench isn't good because they're struggling, time to bring in Cope to save it, etc.

  24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  25. #1666

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    One plus to Danny parking at the 3 point line in the corner, that's one defender who will not be cheating to the paint. Granger cannot be sagged off of by the defense.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  27. #1667
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, I'll take the over on that. Care to make a friendly wager?

    EDIT: Here's my proposal: I'll bet that Danny comes back and plays more than 50% of the remaining games between now and the playoffs. You go with your version. If I win, your signature (during the playoffs and all summer long) is "Don't necessarily believe what I say; I'm unnecessarily pessimistic. Anthem is more of a realist." If you win, I change my signature to say "Don't necessarily believe what I say; I'm unnecessarily optimistic. BlueNGold is more of a realist."
    So... this is looking pretty good for me.

    But I think we wait out the season to see how it plays out.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  29. #1668
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,667

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still don't think this is the "new" Danny Granger, but I think it's clear he'll never be a starter again.
    Well, at least not for the Pacers. Unless, the Pacers are unable to re-sign Lance. Then, who knows what will happen?

  30. #1669

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    The pro Danny has been this year is one of the most underrated stories of the season. The young guys on this team need to take note. He's potentially becoming our Robert Horry and I have no doubt that at some point he'll be huge in this year's playoffs. I'm so happy for Danny.

  31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  32. #1670

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The pro Danny has been this year is one of the most underrated stories of the season. The young guys on this team need to take note. He's potentially becoming our Robert Horry and I have no doubt that at some point he'll be huge in this year's playoffs. I'm so happy for Danny.
    I agree. The 'chemistry' and closeness and commitment of this locker room is written in the Danny Granger return story. Here's a guy who has been 'The Man" for years, comes back from an injury and just wants to help his team anyway he can. I'm sure Danny wanted to return to the starting lineup at the start of the season, but have yet to hear of any complaints of the way he is being used. Man's a real pro, hope some of him rubs off on Bynum.

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  34. #1671
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,621

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we all pretty much accepting that Granger isn't a consolation prize and suitable replacement if we don't re-sign Lance?
    This is 2 seperate questions to me.

    It depends on how much he'd sign for....but assuming that he can be had for $4+ mil a year....yes, I think that he would be considered the "consolation prize" if we lose Lance ( which I think that there is a very strong possibility ). However, that does not mean that I think that he's capable of replacing what Lance contributes to the Team when he's on the floor.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-04-2014 at 03:33 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  35. #1672
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,621

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About 6 games ago everyone was excited by how Granger was playing and moving, and no one said he looked done or like he was 38. A few poor shooting games later, and suddenly everyone thinks he is over the hill. It is amazing how short of memories people have when it comes to Granger.
    PD....where everything is "What have you done for me lately?"
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  37. #1673
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,564

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PD....where everything is "What have you done for me 5 minutes ago?"
    Fixed lol

  38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  39. #1674
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,621

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    The Pacers will have about $7.7 mil in Capspace to re-sign a Player before going into the LT.

    The options if we lose Lance to Free Agency is either:

    A ) Sign a FA to $2+ mil, re-sign Granger to some $4-5 mil a year contract and then ( if needed ) sign one of the two Pacers 2014-2015 2nd round picks ( to fill out the roster and/or develop talent in-house ).
    B ) Sign a FA ( not named Granger ) to the full MLE and then sign one or two of the Pacers 2014-2015 2nd round picks ( to fill out the roster ).
    C ) Sign 2 FA that earn a combined Total of $5.38 mil ( the Full MLE amount ) and then sign one of the two 2014-2015 2nd Round Draft Picks.

    These are the ONLY options that the Pacers have IF we lose out on Lance. I know that the options suck...but it is what it is.

    The question is.....which consolation Prize option do you prefer if Lance is no longer an option?
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-04-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  40. #1675
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    895

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    He can still dunk! Check him out in the background around the :50 mark.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eosSsBf2tzc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •