Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1696

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Honestly, I kind of started writing Granger off over time since he was gone so long. I lost a little bit of my love for him and was in love with our team as is. Our team is awesome. But, now that he's returned and seeing him on the floor... he along with Paul George are my two favorite players. This is Granger's 9th year with the Pacers, so he's been through it all and we've been through it with him as we watched him nightly. Hearing how he was always in the locker room and always on the road with team just makes me like him more. Then you add in the fact that he worked out with Paul George while PG was still in college and even told the team to draft him despite the fact the were both small forwards. Over time, this became Paul George's team and Danny Granger lost his spot. Despite all of that, Granger handed George his MIP award and has been a supportive teammate through all of it. With that being said, Granger is my favorite player along with George. I do love the entire team though from top to bottom. I like all of our players. But Granger being with the team for 9 seasons and seeing how he has carried himself, I've been reminded how much of a fan I was of him seeing him back on the floor. There was nothing better than seeing George and Granger on the floor at the same time. Also, I believe they're the only ones that wear solid yellow shoes. It's cool seeing how they're like brothers. I really believe Granger will pick it back up and start hitting 3's/mid range jumpers. Even if he's only a mediocre scorer, I still think he'll play defense to the best of his ability and it will be good to have his length off the bench.
    Last edited by TOP; 12-25-2013 at 10:52 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ray Allen would disagree. It's true that most rumors about anyone else have not been verified but the rumors about Allen have been verified.
    Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Doc Rivers were all perfectly fine with staying in Boston after Rondo had them a hair away from the Finals in 2012. Garnett could have signed with any team in the NBA, but he decided to stay there. Ray Allen was the only one who wanted out. So it's 3 against 1 when it comes to who wanted to stay with Rondo after that 2012 season. It was only after Rondo was hurt that the other 3 wanted out. They saw the writing on the wall that the team couldn't contend in the playoffs without Rondo.

Why is Ray Allen the saint here? Maybe Ray wasn't perfect? Or maybe it's as simple as the fact that he (correctly) saw the writing on the wall and realized that he had a far better chance of winning another ring with Miami instead of Boston. Garnett and Pierce seemed to be anti-Ray after he left in 2012 (Garnett not bumping fists with him). Clearly those two seemed comfortable in continuing to play with Rondo. And I didn't see Doc scheming his way to the Clippers back when Rondo was still shredding opponents.

Regardless, so what if Rondo sparred with Allen? Many great players have had beef with teammates. And Rondo clearly got along fine with Pierce and Garnett, who were both way more important than Ray in Boston anyway. Those two realized that Rondo made them look better and kept the team relevant.

I think Ray was bent because the "Big 3" had gone from KG/Pierce/Allen to KG/Pierce/Rondo.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-25-2013 at 09:23 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Banned

Ray Allen also wanted more plays called for him, Miami had to do that to him last year to make him happy.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Ray Allen also wanted more plays called for him, Miami had to do that to him last year to make him happy.

Exactly. He might come across as this nice quiet guy, but it doesn't mean that he is some saint without an ego.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Doc Rivers were all perfectly fine with staying in Boston after Rondo had them a hair away from the Finals in 2012. Garnett could have signed with any team in the NBA, but he decided to stay there. Ray Allen was the only one who wanted out. So it's 3 against 1 when it comes to who wanted to stay with Rondo after that 2012 season. It was only after Rondo was hurt that the other 3 wanted out. They saw the writing on the wall that the team couldn't contend in the playoffs without Rondo.

Why is Ray Allen the saint here? Maybe Ray wasn't perfect? Or maybe it's as simple as the fact that he (correctly) saw the writing on the wall and realized that he had a far better chance of winning another ring with Miami instead of Boston. Garnett and Pierce seemed to be anti-Ray after he left in 2012 (Garnett not bumping fists with him). Clearly those two seemed comfortable in continuing to play with Rondo. And I didn't see Doc scheming his way to the Clippers back when Rondo was still shredding opponents.

Regardless, so what if Rondo sparred with Allen? Many great players have had beef with teammates. And Rondo clearly got along fine with Pierce and Garnett, who were both way more important than Ray in Boston anyway. Those two realized that Rondo made them look better and kept the team relevant.

I think Ray was bent because the "Big 3" had gone from KG/Pierce/Allen to KG/Pierce/Rondo.
    I'm not trying to say that Rondo is a bad teammate or anything. I don't disagree with what you said on your previous post either. I just wanted to clarify that not every rumor about Rondo was a lie. The rumors about his bad relationship with Ray Allen was true. Everything else wasn't.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Ray wanted out for more reasons than Rondo.

From what I understand, Rondo had more of an issue with Ray than Ray had with Rondo, anyway. Ray's issue was that the Celtics kept trying to trade him. So instead of wondering if he would be leaving Boston every year, he decided he'd rather know he was staying in one spot and help win a championship there.

Can't say I blamed him for not wanting to be around KG, Pierce or Rondo anymore, anyway. They are the only three players in the league that make Bosh, Lebron, and Wade look likable.

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    I actually think the final move Larry would like to make, if possible, is to acquire Kaman from the Lakers. If Danny is able to remain healthy I look for him to aggressively pursue the Copeland for Kaman deal....Kaman hasnt been particularly happy and we know Larry has shown some interest in Kaman before...sooo...I think thats who he has in mind when hes mentioned theres maybe one more move he might like to make...
    This would be a great trade for both teams. We could use the 3rd big and L.A. could use the shooting touch with Kobe out again. Both players have fallen out of the rotation for their teams. I'd love to see this happen if only due to the fact that we need to dump Copeland's salary next summer anyway but Kaman could actually help us. When I look around at West coast teams needing help to make the playoffs, trading with L.A. for Kaman would be my first choice, second perhaps trading with the Pelicans.
    As CableKC pointed out though, L.A. might not be willing to take on the salary for next summer any more then we'd want to.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This would be a great trade for both teams. We could use the 3rd big and L.A. could use the shooting touch with Kobe out again. Both players have fallen out of the rotation for their teams. I'd love to see this happen if only due to the fact that we need to dump Copeland's salary next summer anyway but Kaman could actually help us. When I look around at West coast teams needing help to make the playoffs, trading with L.A. for Kaman would be my first choice, second perhaps trading with the Pelicans.
    As CableKC pointed out though, L.A. might not be willing to take on the salary for next summer any more then we'd want to.
    I could see this happening as a salary dump but it's not like Kaman would be a part of our rotation.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Ray wanted out for more reasons than Rondo.

From what I understand, Rondo had more of an issue with Ray than Ray had with Rondo, anyway. Ray's issue was that the Celtics kept trying to trade him. So instead of wondering if he would be leaving Boston every year, he decided he'd rather know he was staying in one spot and help win a championship there.

Can't say I blamed him for not wanting to be around KG, Pierce or Rondo anymore, anyway. They are the only three players in the league that make Bosh, Lebron, and Wade look likable.

He wouldn't have had to worry about that anymore. Boston offered him a no trade clause and he still rejected them. Maybe the damage from the prior trade attempts was too great to repair, but he wouldn't have had to worry about it any longer if he would have returned.

I could see this happening as a salary dump but it's not like Kaman would be a part of our rotation.
    The salary dump would be what would matter most but given a chance I think Kaman would outplay Ian for the backup center spot. He's at the least the best insurance policy we could find for the price at the center spot. I don't know how happy Kaman would be here even with Ians minutes, I think he wants to play to establish his next contract which is why he isn't happy in L.A. but he might feel differently getting his first chance at a title run.

Sports Logo

The salary dump would be what would matter most but given a chance I think Kaman would outplay Ian for the backup center spot. He's at the least the best insurance policy we could find for the price at the center spot. I don't know how happy Kaman would be here even with Ians minutes, I think he wants to play to establish his next contract which is why he isn't happy in L.A. but he might feel differently getting his first chance at a title run.
    Kaman has not outplayed Robert Sacre so far. How do you expect him to outplay Ian?

The salary dump does matter if we need it but I'd prefer to get a young player as a 3rd Center instead of a vet who doesn't want to be a 3rd Center.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Kaman has not outplayed Robert Sacre so far. How do you expect him to outplay Ian?

The salary dump does matter if we need it but I'd prefer to get a young player as a 3rd Center instead of a vet who doesn't want to be a 3rd Center.
    I think I saw him play twice earlier in the year so I can't go out on a limb for Kaman but I thought he looked good. No doubt that he's taken a few steps back in the past 3 years but I think he's still better then Ian just playing for the wrong coach. Either way I wouldn't care if we moved Copeland for the expiring contract of a player who was out for the year.

Banned

Sacre hasn't outplayed anybody you need to understand D'Antonis offensive system and stubbornest to understand why Kaman is not playing.

Sports Logo

I think I saw him play twice earlier in the year so I can't go out on a limb for Kaman but I thought he looked good. No doubt that he's taken a few steps back in the past 3 years but I think he's still better then Ian just playing for the wrong coach. Either way I wouldn't care if we moved Copeland for the expiring contract of a player who was out for the year.
    Kaman still has some game left but he's not happy to be a back-up. He isn't happy in LA backing up Pau Gasol and that's why he lost his spot in the rotation by Robert Sacre who is happy to get an opportunity. If he is not happy backing up Pau Gasol in LA, what makes you think that he's going to be happy backing up Roy Hibbert (and possibly Ian Mahinmi as well) in Indiana?

I also disagree that he's better than Ian overall but you're free to have your own opinion. Offensively, he is more skilled than Ian, for sure, but I don't think that he has the same defensive impact (which is what we need out of Ian).

I also think that Copeland will come in handy when we need to rest David West more towards the end of the season or when we need some 3 point shooting.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Kaman blows. Dude's a net negative black hole that I'd never want on my team.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Sacre hasn't outplayed anybody you need to understand D'Antonis offensive system and stubbornest to understand why Kaman is not playing.
    D'Antoni's offensive system has absolutely nothing to do with why Kaman does not play. Kaman is a much better fit for MDA's offensive system than Sacre. Kaman can shoot, Sacre cannot. And I absolutely agree that D'Antoni is an extremely stubborn coach. But that still has nothing to do with why Kaman is collecting DNPs. Any coach wouldn't play a player that is sulking because he doesn't start.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Banned

D'Antoni's offensive system has absolutely nothing to do with why Kaman does not play. Kaman is a much better fit for MDA's offensive system than Sacre. Kaman can shoot, Sacre cannot. And I absolutely agree that D'Antoni is an extremely stubborn coach. But that still has nothing to do with why Kaman is collecting DNPs. Any coach wouldn't play a player that is sulking because he doesn't start.
    D'Antoni is the guy that didnt want to play Howard at times last year think about it, he is also the guy that didnt want to play Hill in NY and now he is one of his savior there, D'Antoni does what D'Antoni does and there is not an explanation for that.

Sports Logo

D'Antoni is the guy that didnt want to play Howard at times last year think about it, he is also the guy that didnt want to play Hill in NY and now he is one of his savior there, D'Antoni does what D'Antoni does and there is not an explanation for that.
    Yeah, I agree with what you're saying but that has nothing to do with Kaman's case. Both Howard and Jordan Hill didn't fit MDA's offensive system. Chris Kaman absolutely does. MDA's offensive system has nothing to do with why Kaman doesn't play.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Banned

Yeah, I agree with what you're saying but that has nothing to do with Kaman's case. Both Howard and Jordan Hill didn't fit MDA's offensive system. Chris Kaman absolutely does. MDA's offensive system has nothing to do with why Kaman doesn't play.
    And now he is starting tonight because Gasol is sick:

@Mike_Bresnahan: Kaman starts instead of Gasol tonight vs. Jazz.

Sports Logo

And now he is starting tonight because Gasol is sick:

@Mike_Bresnahan: Kaman starts instead of Gasol tonight vs. Jazz.
    Interesting. Let's see how he does.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Last 10 Games FG 3PT FT Reb. Misc
    Date Opp. Score Min FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3PT% FTM FTA FT% Off Def Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts
    Jan 1 @TOR L 82-95 22:37 4 7 57.1 1 2 50.0 2 2 100.0 0 2 2 3 1 1 0 1 11
    Dec 31 CLE W 91-76 18:58 3 7 42.9 0 4 0.0 6 6 100.0 1 3 4 0 2 2 0 1 12
    Dec 28 BKN W 105-91 22:57 3 9 33.3 1 2 50.0 1 2 50.0 0 3 3 1 1 1 0 2 8
    Dec 23 @BKN W 103-86 14:34 0 7 0.0 0 3 0.0 0 0 0.0 1 1 2 0 1 0 1 2 0
    Dec 22 BOS W 106-79 25:01 4 8 50.0 4 5 80.0 0 0 0.0 0 5 5 0 0 0 1 2 12

Danny's recent games.
    In the first back-to-back (BKN), DG seemed lost his leg.
    In the second back-to-back (TOR), he played his best game so far this season.

Although not hitting career high or something, people can be assured that Danny is not just better than Solo and OJ.
    He is slowly becoming to his former self.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

I'd like to see how Danny looks in the next game but I'm seeing fast progression in how he's moving and catching back up to the speed of the game. I'd like to see Vogel try giving him more minutes when he's playing like he was last night and find a way to get set Granger up for more shot attempts. When he's passing and playing well like he was I'd like to see Granger get 10-12 shot attempts. We have the luxury of Granger now so when we have another wing struggling we should pick up the usage of Granger. Last night would have been a good game to shave 5 minutes off of Paul who would have still had 32 min., and see what Granger could have done. I know hindsight is 20/20 but the second quarter gave a good indication.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Nice job on the table! Those are a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    In the first back-to-back (BKN), DG seemed lost his leg.
    In the second back-to-back (TOR), he played his best game so far this season.
    Notice, however, that in the second back-to-back, Danny did almost all of his damage in the first half. I'd wager that at least some of that second-half downgrade was still due to conditioning. He's not all the way back.

The first half, though, showed what I've been hoping for Danny. Really nice work by him, and the numbers don't even show half of it. He's been an impact defender and a very solid and willing passer. He's got the all-around game to be a great fit on this team. I can't wait to see what we look like with him at full strength.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

He's trending upwards, that's for sure. I think Vogel expects him to be normal in 4-6 weeks while Granger said 20 games.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Also, I believe they're the only ones that wear solid yellow shoes.
    For those interested they both wear Nikes. Granger wears Hyper Quickness, and George wears Hyperdunk 2013.

There's a list on Hoopshype that shows what every player wears. You have to click on the sneaker name.

http://hoopshype.com/sneakers.htm

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post: