Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1696

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My god guys, how about instead of insulting Paul George or Danny Granger in order to make the other look better, we just be happy we have both of these guys on our team?
    It's this desire to make any of our guys look bad... for the sake of making any of our guys look bad, that I find so very, very gross!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Thanks for most of those, but I have a little quibble here. Icing knees in today's NBA does not mean they are sore or even bad. It seems to be fairly standard after games (PG has ice on his knees pretty consistently after games) as a preventative measure. I suspect that's the same situation with Danny since this is his first heavy action - a preventative measure, not an admission that there are problems with the knee.
    He had an ice pad on his knee while he was resting on the bench I only see players with knee issues(or different issues)do this, Wade is known for doing it while also getting treatment on the knee.

And sure a lot of players do it but they usually do it after the game, note that it has been reported that for that kind of injury pain is expected forever so is not that surprising, note that I was just pointing that out so it shouldn't be considered a big deal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Things I got to see from Danny's first game yesterday:

- He is moving a bit better than what he was moving in pre-season, still slow, can't lift, his recovery on D is pretty slow(all this was expected).

- He has no lift on his jump shot and is afraid of dribbling the ball(for obvious reasons 5 TO's)

- His passing was good, not as great as some are making out to be but it was good for a guy that is limited on that front.

- I noticed that he was icing his left knee the whole time he was on the bench Isola was right.

- Yes we look better with him than with OJ, Cope or Hill, it's nice to have a veteran that knows wtf he is doing

Note that this are my takes on the first game so a lot of things can change.
    It was actually a hot pad FWIW. He was keeping that leg warm, he would swap them and then he would head over to the elliptical.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

And, wow another guy goes down to injury, Brook Lopez just broke his foot for the 4th time in 3 seasons.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I mean right now/lately, and I didn't just mean Danny, but the whole team. I feel like some are just going on about what's wrong, but I don't see much of any / any cheer for how great things have been or what others are doing well, it's just going on about something they feel is wrong, and I don't notice anything else. Maybe I'm missing it? I mean a casual mention, maybe, but actual celebration or happiness besides that? No.
    Well I only mentioned that I was saving money to be in the finals this year, if that is not positive I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    It was actually a hot pad FWIW. He was keeping that leg warm, he would swap them and then he would head over to the elliptical.
    How can you tell? Not doubting, just wondering.

Well I only mentioned that I was saving money to be in the finals this year, if that is not positive I don't know what to tell you.
    That's cool.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

My thoughts on Danny last night:

-Rusty, but he moved well like V said. Danny's never had the most athletic looking game, but it was good to see him get that swat on Dwight early. That was fun
    -His jumper still looks pure but it's definitely gonna take him a couple weeks to get it consistent. It's too bad he stepped out of bounds on that catch and shoot 3 that would have been his second (which also counted as a TO)
    - I was surprised we put him in the PnR so often as the ball handler, I think 3 of his turnovers came off of getting his pocket picked in this situation. Seemed like a lot to ask of the guy in his first game back
    - He is still a load for players to handle in the post. We created some great action off of his post iso. I'd much rather us iso him there than in a PnR situation. He was doing a great job passing out of the post. Found Scola and Ian for easy buckets
    - Generally made the right decisions within the flow of the offense all night. Had a few nice "hockey assist" style passes
    - Got beat a few times on D where he read the PnR wrong
    - It is so nice like V said to have a competent vet at the wing. Nothing against OJ or Solo but Danny was ten times more relaxed and dialed in with the team in his first game than they've been all season
    - It is great to see how much this team loves one another. Paul and Lance hyping the crowd when Danny was finally subbed out will always be something to remember if you were there. THEY ARE A TEAM

Overall, I thought everything was positive and the negatives are what you would expect from someone returning from what DG has been through. Can't wait to see him continuing to get better. Also, holy Lord that Lance pass on the attempted alley oop that was so funny. I dont think healthy Danny could throw that down, but I was impressed that he gathered it in and almost put the layup in, Danny has always had amazing body control which is why he is such a great jump shooter everywhere on the court.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

I have a really good joke here but I rather just keep it to myself

They usually ice with wraps, this was a pad. Plus it is extremely uncommon to ice during a game when a guy is going to be coming back in. It is not a good idea at all. The pads looks similar to what I've seen Roy use on his thighs or what Foster would occasionally use on his back.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He looked terrible last night. But anyone would after so much time off. There is quite literally nothing informative to take away from this game other than he walked off under his own power.

Not that I expect that to stop anyone...fire away!

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

They usually ice with wraps, this was a pad. Plus it is extremely uncommon to ice during a game when a guy is going to be coming back in. It is not a good idea at all. The pads looks similar to what I've seen Roy use on his thighs or what Foster would occasionally use on his back.
    Roy Hibbert has a thigh injury???

Banned

I think is a new thing to ice anything during a game I have seen a lot of games with players icing and then they are back to play, you could be right though it could be a heat pad, is probably what Dwade is always replacing, he wears them inside his knee pad.

Either way I noticed DG doing it yesterday but like I said with a problem like he has knee pain is expected(like Dwade), the goal is going to be to control the pain though.

I think is a new thing to ice anything during a game I have seen a lot of games with players icing and then they are back to play, you could be right though it could be a heat pad, is probably what Dwade is always replacing, he wears them inside his knee pad.

Either way I noticed DG doing it yesterday but like I said with a problem like he has knee pain is expected(like Dwade), the goal is going to be to control the pain though.
    Well pain or no pain it's all precautionary the big thing you are looking to prevent at all times is any sort of swelling.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    He looked terrible last night. But anyone would after so much time off. There is quite literally nothing informative to take away from this game other than he walked off under his own power.

Not that I expect that to stop anyone...fire away!
    Well at least he and his team didnt give up 41 points at home in the 4th quarter after leading by 14 to Charlotte and lose by 10...Now THAT is terrible...relative to that Id say Danny looked just fine and as expected...

Oh, I did enjoy the aggressive on the near and 1 in the first half, place might of blown the roof off if the layup had gone through.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

- He is still a load for players to handle in the post. We created some great action off of his post iso. I'd much rather us iso him there than in a PnR situation. He was doing a great job passing out of the post. Found Scola and Ian for easy buckets
    Agreed. When we were running the Ian/Cope/Danny/Rasual/Sloan lineup, he was beyond the arc and I thought we needed a post threat. In that case, I'd like to see him "play the 4" on offense, with Cope "playing the 3" beyond the arc (yes, I'm stereotyping positions, I know).

In other words, don't just give Danny the ball at the arc and let him back a guy down, but actually have him establish position and have somebody throw him the ball.

In other news, it won't get many assists, but I'd forgotten how good Danny was at getting the entry pass to where the bigs can easily get it. We talked at the beginning of last year about how Danny's loss hurt Roy, but you could see how well he got the ball to Ian and Scola down low. It's not playmaking, exactly, just being efficient while moving the ball. Putting it where it's supposed to be.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

-His jumper still looks pure but it's definitely gonna take him a couple weeks to get it consistent. It's too bad he stepped out of bounds on that catch and shoot 3 that would have been his second (which also counted as a TO)
    What were his 5 TOs? One when he tried to split a screen and lost the ball, one with that foot out of bounds... what else?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Granger was starting to hit his stride last year when he re-injured his knee. He kept us in the Clippers game in the first half, scoring 12 points and looking deadly from three. The guy can still play and once he gets the rust off is someone I expect can give us 10 points a night consistently.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With knee issues and anything else almost for that matter injury wise, after you begin to play it loosens up nicely. The key is keeping it warm because once you take a seat your body automatically starts to get stiff in the problem areas (if you get stiff and then just try to come back in and loosen up your knee as the game goes your at a high risk for injury). That's why they use the heat pads and then some time on a stationary bike. Icing it would just be an awful idea

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

I think most of the early discussion and debate about Granger wasn't that he'd be able to help the team, it was that it would have to be off the bench because the team had grown too good to reinsert him into the starting lineup and where he could really help would be off the bench. Hence the argument: If it's not broke, don't fix it.
    Points were not just how good the team was without him but that they would risk the cohesion of the starting unit to not only reinsert him but also count on him being consistently available and able to play starter's minutes.

I get the feeling the early season passion for seeing him reinserted into the starting lineup has waned and it's now a majority opinion he needs to stay with the bench. I could be wrong.... maybe it's just that he was out so long the most ardent supporters of him starting found it hard to argue that point when he wasn't even playing the first 1/4 of the season.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Youre 48???? guess what im 48

Would be awesome if this were one guy with multiple personalities arguing with himself

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Would be awesome if this were one guy with multiple personalities arguing with himself
    I think is already happening lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    What were his 5 TOs? One when he tried to split a screen and lost the ball, one with that foot out of bounds... what else?
    A charge, and he was holding the ball and someone tipped it out of his hand.

Mostly goofy "I haven't played in a year" turnovers.

Some people just like to winge and moan. And people judging a player after his first game back in forever, awesome sample size. Danny Granger was an excellent basketball player. He got injured. A lot. He is back now and will not be the same player but is going to be a good basketball player if he can stay on the court. Everything we have ever seen and heard from Danny Granger is that he loves the Pacers and will do what it takes to be an addition and not a hindrance. He has stated time and time again that he is happy he doesn't have to be the focal point of the offense anymore. I literally have no clue what people are arguing about. Why on earth would you not want Danny Granger coming off your bench? Our second unit is better than a lot of starting 5s (in my opinion). We are 21-5. For gods sake sit back and enjoy the ride! We may never see a team this talent packed again, and that includes having a stud like Granger coming off the bench.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacertron For This Useful Post: