Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1696

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Idk Lebron was pretty ****ing good that year. Prime or not, was the best player in the NBA. Danny Granger was a defensive stud early in his career. A very different defender than PG. He couldn't defend the 1 or 2 like PG can.

Plus he didn't even compare Danny and PG. He just showed that Danny did a pretty good job against Lebron at a young age, something you said people would hate to see because no way Danny could ever guard Lebron
    No, please don't put words in my mouth. I said a prime LeBron James. Do you all really believe he hasn't gotten better? People used to think the man was a loser. A choke artist. Ron Artest pretty much had him pretty well locked down. Wouldn't happen now would it?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    That may or may not be true. But I would hate to have seen a 22 year old Granger (who happened to still be in New Mexico) attempting to guard a prime LeBron James.

Let's try to not compare Danny and Paul. LeBron knows the difference and it is vast.
    Paul is much stronger this year. Again, imagine a 22 year old Granger taking on that beast. But sure, Granger can guard LeBron in the post better. That is the one place prime Danny beats the young Paul George. But Paul guards LeBron, even at his young age, where it counts most...out on the floor and in the passing lanes preventing LeBron from making his team mates better.
    He never said Danny was a better defender than PG.
    I'm 48 son and watched George McGinnis live. I know a good basketball player when I see one. Danny Granger, in no way and against no player, is as good at defense as Paul George. You know what? YOU fail to realize that Granger was playing LeBron WELL before he was in his prime.

You saying a 21 year old LeBron going against a 23 year old Granger is equivalent to a 29 year old LeBron going against a 23 year old Paul George. Really? Why don't you think before you post son.
    Ahhh...now u wanna move the goalposts???? who said anything ever about paul george and him defending at a level of danny????? certainly not i....u went on and on about a 22 year old granger not being able to guard lebron...nothing about george...i never said one thing about george....not one...

Youre 48???? guess what im 48....and yet why is it i remember vividly grangers rookie season and artest working with him and Danny playing lebron quite well and all of us around here being excited about the possibilities and many saying ron who? and yet u...also 48...thought he was in new mexico??????? how are u gonna know a good basketball player when ur looking in new mexico for a guy whos already in Indy???? This isnt about Paul George...this is about Danny Granger...and you not being able to imagine a 22 year old Granger defending lebron...

You dont have to imagine it...it took place...4 times in fact....and you really think its me that should think before i post??????

And a bit of advice...not that it matters, but you might want to be a bit careful calling out people when you really have very little knowledge of what u speak...ur 48 and saw Big Mac play....im happy for you....and again not that it matters as you have unfortunately proven it doesnt matter how old one is and who they watched play...but some on here know me...and its very simple...ive been to games at the coliseum...ive been to games in msa..ive been to games in conseco and blf and most nba arenas in the league...i was 5 rows behind the pacers bench in miami on wednesday....ive attended well over 1000 Pacer games across the country...i handed my piggy bank personally to slick at the telethon...and all that along with 1.50 might get me a cup of coffee...cause it really doesnt mean squat when it comes to trying to justify something like a 22 year old Danny never guarding lebron when indeed it happened 4 times....now it can make for some really great conversation amongst those of us that have been around that long and know whats it feels like to win a championship...to talk about listening to joe mcconell on the radio as well as jerry baker on channel 4 broad casts etc...but "son" it wont help u gain any credibility on here...because theres some young bucks that can run circles around u with facts and figures that will make ur head spin if ur not careful....and being 48 and having seen big mac play ball or run the lottery wont help you...
    Last edited by cinotimz; 12-21-2013 at 12:22 AM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

I didn't move the goal posts. You apparently didn't note where they were located. You responded to a post and didn't read the context. Go back and read Eleazer's post and it might make more sense...

Edit: Post #1184.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 12-21-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did I say he hasnt gotten better? Nope. But he was still an amazing player then. And people were wrong about Lebron then. Cleveland just built **** teams around him. Kebron was never a loser. And lebron still plays the same I'm clutch situations in miami. He just has teammates who hit the shots he creates now.

And Ron Arrest was probably the best defender that Lebron will ever have to go against. Ron was strong enough and fast enough for him. He had great defensive instincts and played aggressive. His physical build alone caused difficulties that PG just cannot. A prime Arrest vs a prime Lebron would be something. Scottie Pippen is the only other guy that comes to mind that I would want to see matched up against Lebron.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That may or may not be true. But I would hate to have seen a 22 year old Granger (who happened to still be in New Mexico) attempting to guard a prime LeBron James.

Let's try to not compare Danny and Paul. LeBron knows the difference and it is vast.
    Paul is much stronger this year. Again, imagine a 22 year old Granger taking on that beast. But sure, Granger can guard LeBron in the post better. That is the one place prime Danny beats the young Paul George. But Paul guards LeBron, even at his young age, where it counts most...out on the floor and in the passing lanes preventing LeBron from making his team mates better.
    He never said Danny was a better defender than PG.
    No, please don't put words in my mouth. I said a prime LeBron James. Do you all really believe he hasn't gotten better? People used to think the man was a loser. A choke artist. Ron Artest pretty much had him pretty well locked down. Wouldn't happen now would it?
    Well the season in question he averaged 31.4 ppg, 7 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 48% shooting in 42.5 minutes...still regarded as one of the better statistical and all around years in the modern era...he was a monster, very simple....is he smarter now? yea....hes matured...but to say he wasnt in his prime? he was in his prime his senior year of high school....

but to answer the question would an in his prime ron artest handle an in his prime lebron the way he did back then? yes...they were both that good at what they did...thats what it made it so fun...ron was the perfect specimen to guard lebron...he was close to a physical equal-something lebron never sees...and he was crazy...which made him incredibly dangerous and incredibly good...there were nights lebron got his....but thats why i was crying so much when ron got traded instead of jermaine...because my thought was simple...ron was just never gonna lose the battle to his man on just about any night...even with lebron...hes the only guy that has ever been really able to handle lebron one on one with any degree of success...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

i swear theres an echo in here

Sports Logo

You guys have to calm down. It doesn't matter what was said over the last 1.5 years....or even today before the game.....start off fresh and start discussing about what Granger can or cannot do now that he is able to play...not argue about the past.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Well the season in question he averaged 31.4 ppg, 7 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 48% shooting in 42.5 minutes...still regarded as one of the better statistical and all around years in the modern era...he was a monster, very simple....is he smarter now? yea....hes matured...but to say he wasnt in his prime? he was in his prime his senior year of high school....

but to answer the question would an in his prime ron artest handle an in his prime lebron the way he did back then? yes...they were both that good at what they did...thats what it made it so fun...ron was the perfect specimen to guard lebron...he was close to a physical equal-something lebron never sees...and he was crazy...which made him incredibly dangerous and incredibly good...there were nights lebron got his....but thats why i was crying so much when ron got traded instead of jermaine...because my thought was simple...ron was just never gonna lose the battle to his man on just about any night...even with lebron...hes the only guy that has ever been really able to handle lebron one on one with any degree of success...
    I think LeBron is much better than when he entered the league. You should take a moment and look at his FG% and 3% over the years. They have risen dramatically. Also, his 30ppg is a mirage compared to what he's producing now on a much, much better team. It's a lot easier to defend LeBron James as a Cav. You could gang up on him and teams did all the time. Not just a younger LeBron. But one without that team around him. That's precisely why he used to average in the 40's from the floor and the last two years he's knocking on the door to 60% from the floor. He is FAR more difficult to defend IMO than those days when Ron, SJax and Danny took turns.

...and his minutes are way down from the CAV days when he racked up numbers. From above 40 all the way down to 35 this year.

Edit: I will just respond to your post below and say we will just have to agree to disagree. You responded to my post to Eleazer and misunderstood it from the beginning. You marvel at how he guarded LeBron as a Cav...early 20's. But that's not what I posted sir. But that happens when you get a bit older...
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 12-21-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think LeBron is much better than when he entered the league. You should take a moment and look at his FG% and 3% over the years. They have risen dramatically. Also, his 30ppg is a mirage compared to what he's producing now on a much, much better team. It's a lot easier to defend LeBron James as a Cav. You could gang up on him and teams did all the time. Not just a younger LeBron. But one without that team around him. That's precisely why he used to average in the 40's from the floor and the last two years he's knocking on the door to 60% from the floor. He is FAR more difficult to defend IMO than those days when Ron, SJax and Danny took turns.

...and his minutes are way down from the CAV days when he racked up numbers. From above 40 all the way down to 35 this year.
    I actually watch the games...so dont need to peruse the numbers...never said he hadnt improved...his game has evolved...as i said..hes gotten smarter...lebron has always been a physical specimen as well as incredibly high basketball iq...in his early days he relied more on his physical aspects...these days he uses those less and less...he has refined his shooting...he drives less...shoots more jump shots and is better at it...he goes to the line less because hes driving less....

but all that has nothing to do with Danny Granger not being in New Mexico and instead guarding Lebron...and doing a pretty damn good job of it to boot...something u indicated wouldnt happen even if we tried to imagine...well we didnt have to imagine it and it did happen that way...

anyhow...ur giving 48 years olds a bad name with such rants....so lets move along...

If Danny is able to stay relatively healthy and rounds in to form after a month or two...and Hibbert, West, George, Hill, Stephenson, Scola, Watson and Ian also remain relatively healthy Miami cant beat us...without DAnny or any of the others for that matter, its a toss up...But if Danny is back and we are whole...Miami cant touch us....only OKC would stand between us and a title...its really that simple..

EDIT: and btw...the days of ron, jackson and danny taking turns never really happened...that first cleveland game of 2005 was the only game they were on the roster together....so one day at best...and very early in the season...dannys rookie season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Last edited by Kstat; 12-21-2013 at 06:06 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

One thing I forgot about Danny was just how big he is. He has legitimate NBA size and that's gonna allow Vogel to put out some really interesting line ups this year.

I also thought Danny was reading the floor extremely well. He's a real NBA player, no knock against OJ or Solo but they aren't near that level. The turnovers and rust are part of the process of coming back. Just from what I saw against the Rockets, I'm really excited.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lol are we still arguing about DG?!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i am actually encouraged by his play last night. The Rockets had to guard him. And he moved well off screens causing the defense to adjust. If he stays healthy he will give so much more than I expected. I just thought he was going to sit in the corner.

He is moving. He is causing movement. Something that our staters were struggling to do for a week.
    Our bench can be the 7 seed in the east.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Danny is a veteran and his mind is up to speed but his body will not do what he wants it to do at this point.
    He knows how to assist and he knows how to defend better than any of the Pacers young players. The offense will improve.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Danny is a veteran and his mind is up to speed but his body will not do what he wants it to do at this point.
    He knows how to assist and he knows how to defend better than any of the Pacers young players. The offense will improve.
    Yea...im guessing it takes at least a month maybe two of playing games before he is totally comfortable and regains his confidence...during that time Im sure there will be lots of ups and downs...high turnover games...very poor shooting games...but in the end, if hes able to stay healthy it will be so worth it come playoff time...

Sports Logo

Having him come off the bench is going to be huge for us. Last night during the game I was imagining a Lance, PG, DG, DW & Hibbert lineup and what it could do to other teams.

Banned

Things I got to see from Danny's first game yesterday:

- He is moving a bit better than what he was moving in pre-season, still slow, can't lift, his recovery on D is pretty slow(all this was expected).

- He has no lift on his jump shot and is afraid of dribbling the ball(for obvious reasons 5 TO's)

- His passing was good, not as great as some are making out to be but it was good for a guy that is limited on that front.

- I noticed that he was icing his left knee the whole time he was on the bench Isola was right.

- Yes we look better with him than with OJ, Cope or Hill, it's nice to have a veteran that knows wtf he is doing

Note that this are my takes on the first game so a lot of things can change.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    - I noticed that he was icing his left knee the whole time he was on the bench Isola was right.
    Thanks for most of those, but I have a little quibble here. Icing knees in today's NBA does not mean they are sore or even bad. It seems to be fairly standard after games (PG has ice on his knees pretty consistently after games) as a preventative measure. I suspect that's the same situation with Danny since this is his first heavy action - a preventative measure, not an admission that there are problems with the knee.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I don't know who are this posters you are talking about because I have said a lot of positives things about DG for years, even called him a superstar at some point lol

edit: Oh yeah I also said at the time that I would not have traded him for Melo, that is more than positive.
    I mean right now/lately, and I didn't just mean Danny, but the whole team. I feel like some are just going on about what's wrong, but I don't see much of any / any cheer for how great things have been or what others are doing well, it's just going on about something they feel is wrong, and I don't notice anything else. Maybe I'm missing it? I mean a casual mention, maybe, but actual celebration or happiness besides that? No.

Mood

I'm actually a Granger fan, yet I'm labeled a hater around these parts. I love his shooting ability and his toughness. But I am not blind to the rest of his game. Yet I'm supposedly a hater because of the criticism.

Perhaps it's because I am pessimistic about his return. But why shouldn't I be pessimistic after watching a decade of knee issues with JO and JBender? Tell me how much money was wasted on those guys.

Just because I think his ability to pass, dribble and defend are at best average in the NBA I am labeled a Granger hater. But I hardly ever get an argument back on the points.
    Frequency / repetition is a lot of it to me. It's one thing to say those things a few times, but it's gone on, and on, and on for months.

You aren't someone I think of with my complaint, by the way, because you also spend a lot of time enjoying the good stuff with the team.

Mood

I think his ability to dribble, for a starting small forward, is below average in the league. His ability to pass (which is extremely important for a wing) is at best average for a starting small forward. His defense is probably average for a small forward. It would be above average if he had stamina and/or showed the type of intensity you see from Iggy or Deng. He also gets burned on D at times because he's not paying attention. It's not his thing. He's just not naturally interested or motivated on defense...and it shows. Instead, Granger likes to shoot which he does that very, very well.
    I'll remind you that Paul George occasionally falls asleep on defense, too, when his man does not have the ball. No one's going to say 'it's not his thing' because of that. Nor does the above give any credit to when he's deflecting passes or blocking shots. I'm not saying he's a monster at those things, but they do happen on a semi-regular basis, too.

But overall, you think Danny's a very very good shooter who plays average starting small forward quality passing and defense. That's pretty good, isn't it? Relatively speaking.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    I like DG as a person and hope he plays well but he's the most overrated Pacer ever.
    Even if I were to agree with this, and I don't, but if I did, and you are correct... SO WHAT? Seriously? So what? Why should a Pacers fan care that a Pacer is TOO beloved? Seriously?

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

What did he have? 2 assists and 5 turnovers? Amazing passing ability? Really, what you saw was average and you're probably not used to him moving the ball instead of chucking. The fact he didn't look inept doesn't mean he is an above passer as a starting SF. Lance and West are above average. Danny is not. Neither is George Hill. Heck, Paul is careless with the ball but he's more gifted than Danny at passing as well if he wouldn't screw around all the time. He simply has more game.

The fact is, our team is NOT the best passing team around and if it wasn't for West and Lance and to some extent Hibbert we would be in serious trouble. We are good because of our defense, size and ability to post up. We have big time trouble moving the ball IMO.
    So he's not above average is the reason to complain or criticize? Who cares?? My God.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I mean right now/lately, and I didn't just mean Danny, but the whole team. I feel like some are just going on about what's wrong, but I don't see much of any / any cheer for how great things have been or what others are doing well, it's just going on about something they feel is wrong, and I don't notice anything else. Maybe I'm missing it? I mean a casual mention, maybe, but actual celebration or happiness besides that? No.
    Some people are just miserable...always...and misery loves company...so....

Based on the postings of some you would think the team is 5-21...instead of what it is-a legit championship contender...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I honestly don't get the Granger vs. George flamewars. It's pointless. It's not like these guys can't co-exist. Were Colts' fans upset when we had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne?
    Seriously, it's pointless. I know, let's start talking about how Paul George isn't as tough as David West and use that as a reason to criticize and complain about PG moving forward, for all the good that would do...

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post: