Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1696

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

This whole "chucker" thing is ridiculous. Granger was the only weapon under a JOB philosophy of firing up 3pts. I do believe that JOB had a negative impact on Granger. All that has changed now,, unfortunately for Granger he has not been able to become apart of this just yet.

unless someone believes that murphy, dunleavy, rush, mcroberts were better options than I cant see where the chucker philosophy comes into play when Danny had solid #s forcing on the issue under a coach running a 3 pt centric offense.

Danny wasn't the issue, it was the coach and the talent.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny's all-star year he was great all-around except defensively. I wouldn't say he was C word that year.

Wait, wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight. The year Danny was an All-Star, he wasn't a chucker? Do you even realize that his All-Star year is the year he shot the most during his entire career? That's the only year he shot 19 times a game.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Wait, wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight. The year Danny was an All-Star, he wasn't a chucker? Do you even realize that his All-Star year is the year he shot the most during his entire career? That's the only year he shot 19 times a game.
    This is why I am having a very difficult time understanding....He goes from shooting it 19 times a game to 15 times a game....and defending better...not having the ball as much...more talent on the team...different philosophy...strike year...no training camp...all percentages were down...team gets off to a great start...one of best in league...and yet...this is the year thats the problem and hes a chucker...very confusing

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Pfffffft. Those are just facts. Facts don't matter if they usurp ones argument.

I fart in the general direction of your facts.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Danny averaged 13.3 PPG on 37.6% shooting in that Heat series. He was pretty bad in games 1 and 2 in Miami (West and Hill were top 2 scorers in game 2). He played pretty good in games 3 and 4 back home, but wasn't that good in the final two games of the series (only shot the ball 6 times in game 5). It's certainly fair to wonder whether Danny's health was beginning to bother him in that series, but he was hardly consistently hitting shots against Miami. But Miami was a brutal opponent and everyone was inconsistent to a point.

Danny rolled his ankle badly in game 5. Reason his shots were low. Pacers were playing damn good basketball in that game as well up until Granger got hurt. You prove whatever point u want to make about game 5 by your own admission.

When Granger left in game 5 it was over. It happened sometime in the 2nd. We were up. Even when Danny returned for game 5 and 6... he played through the injury as best he could but was severely limited.

Granger was the best player in that series by far for us. We had a shot in game 5 until the injury. series was over from there.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Because of the Brussard tweet about DG yesterday? that should open the door for people to say that he was a chucker without getting overreactions, I thought it was important.
    I guess my point is: Whether he was or wasn't a chucker... so what? If he plays selfishly he won't fit in with this team, otherwise he'll fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Granger was the best player in that series by far for us. We had a shot in game 5 until the injury. series was over from there.
    You might want to revisit those boxscores. 20-57 shooting doesn't equate into a best player.

Mood

I'll never understand the desire some have to say only bad things about a player or team they are a fan of. I don't understand it.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    You might want to revisit those boxscores. 20-57 shooting doesn't equate into a best player.
    you may wanna revist who he was defending and defended by for those 6 games.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'll never understand the desire some have to say only bad things about a player or team they are a fan of. I don't understand it.
    Especially someone who has exhibited as much class and professionalism as Danny. Even moreso after all this franchise has been through with divas, thugs etc....makes no sense whatsoever....He came in...has did it the right way from day one...just a class act and a great ballplayer...through some very difficult times...never waivered...and is rewarded with some of this crap....

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

you may wanna revist who he was defending and defended by for those 6 games.
    Still - how does that make him the best player for those games ?? SO, LeBron guarded him and shut him down. He guarded LeBron and got lit up.

Maybe I'm missing something.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

He made them at a really high clip that year and averaged a career high in assists. I've said I don't automatically consider a high volume shooter a C word as long as they bring other things offensively to the table. You seem to be hung up on shot attempts for some reason.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We all said bad things about Tinsley, Artest, JO, Jackhole. if they are wearing BnG I want them to succeed.

no matter what side of the fence someone is on they should want Danny to succeed. otherwise I would put those fans loyalty to the nation in question.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Still - how does that make him the best player for those games ?? SO, LeBron guarded him and shut him down. He guarded LeBron and got lit up.

Yes you are. Paul George offered nothing except D on Wade. Guess Paul was awful too because he got lit up by gimpy Wade. Hibbert could not dominate even without a Bosh in the middle. Which at that time was overstated since we all know bosh's best attributes are best served as a tampon spokesperson.

DWest was very inconsistent esp as the series went on if memory serves correctly. This is all off the cuff so I would have to revisit. however, DWest and Hibbert should have dominated the Miami frontcourt.

Granger was the only guy on the team at that time who was willing to take the difficult shots. He put the team on his back as the series went on and did it guarding LeBron.

Barbosa was flat out awful as well.

Danny was the leader for us that series. Paul and Roy were still sucking tite. DWest off major knee injury. Lance throwing choke signs to LeBron from the bench.

Listen I don't need anyone to agree with me. Im confident in my basketball evaluations. You want to put a hundy on this we can sit down together sometime and watch the entire series. I could break it down but not for PD Pride.

it is what is. I guess you think the guy guarding the best player on the planet & MVP multiple times while at the same time providing the only consistent offense we could find that series doesn't mean much.

Not too mention all of the defensive focus was on Danny. Again, to each his own.

Granger's entertained me for years. I like him, and I hope for a triumphant return. Just because I haven't loved everything about his game doesn't mean I don't root for him or don't have tremendous respect for what he's done while here. I think sometimes people get confused because I rarely say positive things about him. I just wanted to get that out there.

Kick some *** Danny!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe if Danny could have stayed healthy game 5 and not rolled his ankle we had a legit chance to win that game. When we lost Danny revisit the box score and see what happened.

We got beat down. So tell me,, if Danny was not the best player in that series... what happened in game 5 after Danny rolled his ankle and was out?

How come we got it handed to us after the Danny injury?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

just watch what happens tonite when he enters the game...thankfully i feel pretty certain most everyone in attendance knows what danny has meant to this franchise and likely will let him know about it when he comes back tonite...

I guess you think the guy guarding the best player on the planet & MVP multiple times while at the same time providing the only consistent offense we could find that series doesn't mean much.
    I guess it doesn't. It goes with definition of certain words. In this case - consistent. Danny certainly wasn't that.

Look - I'm not trying to challenge anyone's 'basketball evaluations'. Nor am I hating on Granger. The Pacers never had a chance in that series. None. We were the squeaky little mouse and they were the cat just playing with it.

Banned

I guess my point is: Whether he was or wasn't a chucker... so what? If he plays selfishly he won't fit in with this team, otherwise he'll fit in.
    I guess that is what I'm saying, he was a chucker so what? why is such a big deal for some people when people call him like that? it's the true he WAS one that doesn't mean he is still going to be one.

I agree with you on the rest of the post.

Banned

Everybody does it Hicks, you do it by calling Lance "good Lance" and "bad Lance", eleazar does it by calling Paul George "a diva" and "Paul George problem", everybody has done it before with Tinsley, JO, Foster or whoever it's life and that happens.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Everybody does it Hicks, you do it by calling Lance "good Lance" and "bad Lance", eleazar does it by calling Paul George "a diva" and "Paul George problem", everybody has done it before with Tinsley, JO, Foster or whoever it's life and that happens.
    Criticizing the crap out of someone that hasnt even been able to play due to injury....makes sense...

At least now you should have actual play to criticize...and boy...i can only imagine how thats gonna be the next few months as he comes back....joy joy...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know about the rest of you. Screw the debates. I'm just flat out excited to see Danny playing and healthy again! Fingers crossed... We'll have to hope and see if he brings something to the table tonight. He might get one of those blocks and steals he tends to get with that ridiculous wingspan people have seemly forgot about.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noodle For This Useful Post:

Mood

In other words, some posters seem to only talk about what's wrong, never celebrating what's right.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

In other words, some posters seem to only talk about what's wrong, never celebrating what's right.
    I don't know who are this posters you are talking about because I have said a lot of positives things about DG for years, even called him a superstar at some point lol

edit: Oh yeah I also said at the time that I would not have traded him for Melo, that is more than positive.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-20-2013 at 06:18 PM.

He was a horrible chucker for the majority of the season and a good player for like 2 months, people called it "he always starts slow reason why he is chucking it at a low percentage", I remember that he had the lowest shooting percentage in the NBA for a long time that year.

Lets note that I called him superstar for about a month when he was able to pick it up and was killing teams(but he was a chucker for longer than that).
    That year was the lockout season that had a lot of people starting out slow including Monta Ellis. The logical posters added that into the equation when considering the condensed schedule and still implementing a new offensive philosophy with a number of new players being brought in and very little to no training camp and preseason games. This is why the league average TS% was also lower that year as well but Danny still was at that level or better.