Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No no a thousand times no....all us old people are smart......lol
    I wish that was true, cause then we might have a good government.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ( so that u can't be misquoted later in the season ) !!!!!

What expectations would u place on Granger to consider his return a "success" or "failure"?
    I really don't have any expectations at the moment. I'll wait and see how Granger looks when he comes back first.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I really don't have any expectations at the moment. I'll wait and see how Granger looks when he comes back first.
    I expect Danny to hit a jumper this year. Going out on a limb.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I bet he turns the ball over and misses a shot.... And then the world will end...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'll go out on a real limb Danny gets a dunk this year. I don't think he had a dunk in the last year he was healthy.

Sports Logo

Even a prime, healthy Danny needed 10-15 games to really get it going... The year he got injured he had pretty bad numbers before the ASG, then had great numbers after the ASG. I really don't expect him to be the explosive scorer he used to be...
    I hope he could turn into a 3&D type of player... A 3/4 that can add size and rebound on defense, while stretching the floor on offense... It would be pretty good for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

On the Record: I think Granger will come back and try to do a little too much early on. I think he will be looking to score and prove that he is the same old Granger instead of making the correct basketball play. I believe he will shoot a fairly poor percentage and might even come off as a chucker early into his comeback. Ultimately, I think he will try live up to expectations that past/healthy Granger left him and will come up short. This may sour a few people on him, but he will still be more reliable than OJ or Solo. I am worried he will have a few games where he becomes a black hole and just shoots us out of them.

Hopefully I am wrong. I just expect the Pacers to face some hurdles. Adding in a healthy Granger just seems too good to be true.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    On the Record: I think Granger will come back and try to do a little too much early on. I think he will be looking to score and prove that he is the same old Granger instead of making the correct basketball play. I believe he will shoot a fairly poor percentage and might even come off as a chucker early into his comeback. Ultimately, I think he will try live up to expectations that past/healthy Granger left him and will come up short. This may sour a few people on him, but he will still be more reliable than OJ or Solo. I am worried he will have a few games where he becomes a black hole and just shoots us out of them.

Hopefully I am wrong. I just expect the Pacers to face some hurdles. Adding in a healthy Granger just seems too good to be true.
    as much as i hate that kind of play, like you said it would better than oj and solo. at least i hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    On the Record: I think Granger will come back and try to do a little too much early on. I think he will be looking to score and prove that he is the same old Granger instead of making the correct basketball play.
    I expect the opposite. I think he will want to show he's a willing passer, and (especially early on) will pass up good looks that he should take. There might be some hero-ball when he plays with the subs (heck, Lance sometimes has to do that right now), but I think he knows the team is rolling and will go out of his way to be seen as a team player.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Why rush Granger back? Why not take plenty of time in practice...
    They've been doing that, and you called shenanigans.

If he's ready to play, get him out there.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My expectations will not detract from the success of the team. But I expect Danny to hit the open jumper better than OJ. And to guard the post better than Lance. If Danny does both of those....We will a ring. If he doesn't we could very well win a ring. Danny will not make or break the season. But judging from this thread I think some of you are putting too much stock in Danny is both directions.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do we not need wing help off the bench? How does bringing Danny back make that worse?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

We need Danny to win a championship.

OJ vs Granger is no comparison.

A wing rotation of PG/Stephenson/Granger will be awesome.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    We need Danny to win a championship.

OJ vs Granger is no comparison.
    No and no.

This team is fully capable of winning it all without Granger.

And there's no possible way to say that Granger is better than anyone now. He hasn't played in a looooooong time, we're not sure when he's going to play again (yeah - Friday - we'll see how that goes) and if he does play, it remains to be seen what he's got.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    They've been doing that, and you called shenanigans.

If he's ready to play, get him out there.
    I'm saying in all likelihood he is not ready to play. He's barely practiced. Even if he is pain free, he cannot be rust free. While I don't think he can ever knock all of the rust off in practice, I do think a lot of it can be knocked off in practice and his conditioning can be improved. But right now, how many practices could he have participated in? I'm not saying keep him on ice either, but with a winning team and a guy that has missed a ton of games, there's no point to him knocking rust off in meaningful games. Keep practicing him... dress him... use him in a blow out or desperation to start find him minutes and working him back into game shape and see where he's at before carving out a role for him.

But that's just what I'd do. If it's not broke then I'm not going out of my way to fix it.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

listen to danny sing the hook of jay z's holy grail, feat. dancing from g2 zone

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacer...tin-timberlake

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frostwolf For This Useful Post:

Honestly, as much as more offense would be welcomed on this team...I just want DG33 to come in and focus on defense first. Doesn't mean I don't want to see him shoot; I do. But with Scola's general ability and Watson starting to get going, at least early in DG's return, I just want to see the bench defend relentlessly while taking smart shots, and at the very least do what they did well vs Heat and not give up any ground until the starters check back in.

Mood

Any news on his return? I'm hoping he practices all week since our road trip is over and we have a few days to recuperate. As long as he is pain free, I wanna see him out there with Scola and Watson. I'm looking for Watson to have 2 perimeter threats to drive and dish to in Granger and Scola.

Banned

Watching Rashard Lewis last night should give DG some hope that at least he can stay in the NBA as a backup for a while(Rashard Lewis has the same issue).

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm saying in all likelihood he is not ready to play. He's barely practiced. Even if he is pain free, he cannot be rust free.
    But is a rusty Danny worse than what we're getting from OJ?

Danny can help us right now. If he starts costing us games, I'll come around to your point of view.

Enjoy your time at PD!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Honestly, if 5 minutes of DG off the bench is going to lose us games against teams like the Bobcats, we have worse problems than Danny's health and recovery.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

I'll leave that in the capable hands of Vogel and Co. They see what Granger can/cannot do. Vogel isn't going to do something stupid to waste this 19-3 start.

(Say that again - 19-3.)

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Banned

Danny can help us right now. If he starts costing us games, I'll come around to your point of view.
    Rusty DG can't even run up and down the court without having to hold his knees to catch a breath.

http://instagram.com/p/hv3Z1pF5ZV/

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Honestly, if 5 minutes of DG off the bench is going to lose us games against teams like the Bobcats, we have worse problems than Danny's health and recovery.
    Agreed. If he's able to, it's the perfect game for him to come back. He shouldn't be needed.

Enjoy your time at PD!

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post: