Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 725 of 1696

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

  1. #701
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,064

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @JJFSINDIANA: During a post-practice shooting exhibition Danny Granger made 14 consecutive three-pointers, tried a bank for the 15th
    That sounds great. At the same time, I recall Jonathan Bender breaking records in practice too.

  2. #702
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,064

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm so excited to see Danny finally play again. I think a lot of people have forgotten how good he really is. Can't wait!
    I think the issue is more that people don't believe he will BOTH get and stay healthy. Perhaps some of us refuse to believe because the news would be too good to be true based on past experience with JO and JB. The key phrase is "Twice bitten once shy".

  3. #703
    Member Indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    435

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the issue is more that people don't believe he will BOTH get and stay healthy. Perhaps some of us refuse to believe because the news would be too good to be true based on past experience with JO and JB. The key phrase is "Twice bitten once shy".
    Or rather, "Fool me once, shame on... Shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again."

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:


  5. #704
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    472

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    He is practicing!
    Great news.

    Shouldn't be too long now before he gets some of Pulp's minutes but it may be a few weeks until we see the DG we remember.
    I'll keep my hopes up.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:


  7. #705
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,243

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...tices/3896001/

    SAN ANTONIO The unexpected continues on the Indiana Pacers' eventful trip to Texas: Danny Granger practiced.
    "I feel good," Granger said following the Friday session, his first live participation in weeks. "I was running, sprinting, playing live for about an hour, so I felt really good."
    Since Oct. 28, when the team announced that Granger would miss approximately three weeks with a strained left calf, the sight of the veteran forward had been limited to post-practice shooting drills and sideline cheering. The team's timeline has long since expired and Granger has missed all 19 games this season.
    Though he practiced, Pacers head coach Frank Vogel announced that Granger would not play Saturday against the San Antonio Spurs. Also, Vogel said there is no new timeline for Granger's return to the lineup.
    "It was his first action back," Vogel said, "he's a ways away though."
    However, Granger offered a different view about a pending return.
    "(The Pacers' trainers are) kind of holding me back and I think they know best. If it was up to me, I'd be playing but like I said, they know best," Granger said. "That's just me talking from my competitive side. I practiced today so obviously I'm not far away."
    Granger, who has averaged 18.1 points, 5.2 rebounds and shot 38.4 percent from the 3-point line during his career, described feeling "anxious" to play again ever since missing all but five games last season with a knee injury.
    This year, however, with the motivated Pacers poised to return to the Eastern Conference finals — and beyond — Granger intended to rejoin the lineup. Then, on Oct. 16, Granger strained his left calf during a preseason game against the Dallas Mavericks. Granger aggravated the injury in the following game in Chicago and has been out ever since.
    However, over the past week, Granger has picked up his activity with on-court jogging and "increased intensity shooting," which Vogel described as sprinting to spots on the floor then shooting.
    "We were hoping that he'd be able to practice this week," Vogel said. "He's been picking up his individual work. He was going to try to get some work in on Thursday but obviously that didn't work out. So we were hoping he'd do some live stuff today."
    On Wednesday night, the Pacers' flight from Salt Lake City to San Antonio was grounded in Houston and the team had to take a bus into the city. The Pacers did not arrive at their San Antonio hotel until Thursday morning, so the team took an unscheduled day off.
    By Friday afternoon, the team traveled to the Antioch Community Sports Complex in San Antonio. Players returned to practice and Granger finally blended in.
    Granger jumped into five-on-five action. During a transition play, he led a break and tossed an alley-oop to Ian Mahinmi. When the Pacers worked strictly in halfcourt offensive sets, players rotated in and out but for several instances, Granger chased around and defended Paul George. Another time, as Lance Stephenson delivered a pocket pass, Granger flashed across the paint for the ball but misjudged a floater that fell short of the rim.
    After the practice, Granger said that he's pain-free but still must build up his game conditioning.
    "More so just getting my wind up and my conditioning in my legs," Granger said. "I really wasn't too cautious of (the calf)."

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  9. #706

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    After the practice, Granger said that he's pain-free but still must build up his game conditioning.
    "More so just getting my wind up and my conditioning in my legs," Granger said. "I really wasn't too cautious of (the calf)."
    Pretty much the news everyone has been waiting for. (Also reported by Candace!)

  10. #707

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Good to hear Danny is almost back, I love the idea of a Watson, Granger, Scola, Mahinmi bench

  11. #708
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    It's just so beautiful.



    OJ and Solo, mad respect. The young guys have done a great job of trying to fill in behind Paulstar and Born Ready.

    But the Captain is coming back. I can't wait.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  13. #709
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,487

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Did I tell y'all to expect an update by the end of the week or what?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  15. #710
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,643

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll believe it when I see him on the floor.
    HOWEVA, that said, I'm kinda drunk now and I'm really excited about seeing Danny play again, hopefully soon. I really think it's been an outta sign outta mind deal, people forget how damn good Danny Granger is. Even if he's nothing but a spot shooter that can defend his position honestly that's HUGE for the 2nd unit. If he can stay healthy, which has become a big if, he's an ungodly offensive 6th man, among the best in the league. I'm not comparing their games or anything like that, but remember how huge Harden was for OKC? How much Jamal Crawford helps the Clippers?

    IF Danny can get back it's massive for our end of game situations. No more helping off Lance (he's cratered back to earth from 3), no more having to do side PnR's to West's side and cutting off half the floor, it opens everything up and we become pretty damn deadly in clutch situations. Hopefully.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  17. #711
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    I don't buy it.

    I hope its true, I really do. I am tired of getting my hopes up though.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  19. #712
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,521

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    THE CAPTAIN! Give it another week and he'll be logging minutes! I doubt we see him for the Miami game, unless we blow them out.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  20. #713

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    I predict Granger will miss the next 5-6 games and then he will be back!

  21. #714

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    IIRC, Danny went on insurance payments last year when he was shut down and will remain being paid from insurance until he appears in at least 5 regular season games. Is this in fact the case? If so, what happens if he comes back for the playoffs after the regular season is over? What I'm thinking is that the Pacers have a former All Star, team leader basically for free. A serious injury to one of the starters or even the top 8 would be a reason to activate him some where in the late season. Does this make any sense at all? We arguably have the best team(or at least top 3-4) in the league. We really don't need DG back at this point in the season???

  22. #715
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,929
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IIRC, Danny went on insurance payments last year when he was shut down and will remain being paid from insurance until he appears in at least 5 regular season games. Is this in fact the case? If so, what happens if he comes back for the playoffs after the regular season is over? What I'm thinking is that the Pacers have a former All Star, team leader basically for free. A serious injury to one of the starters or even the top 8 would be a reason to activate him some where in the late season. Does this make any sense at all? We arguably have the best team(or at least top 3-4) in the league. We really don't need DG back at this point in the season???
    I see your point, but...

    DG hasn't played real NBA ball in a long time now. He's going to need reps in-game to give us the kind of spark we want come playoff time.

    I think he has to get going soon after the all-start break at the latest to get where he needs to be in terms of conditioning and familiarity with the players he'll log the most time with.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  23. #716

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    My guess is hes back for our game in Miami

  24. #717
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,242
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My guess is hes back for our game in Miami
    That would be a terrible idea, don't send him right into the inferno. Let him play against some lesser teams initially.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  26. #718
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,671

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be a terrible idea, don't send him right into the inferno. Let him play against some lesser teams initially.
    He's not saying play the guy 40 minutes but if he's actually ready to play you get him on the floor.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:


  28. #719
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,582

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not saying play the guy 40 minutes but if he's actually ready to play you get him on the floor.
    Yeah, just give him Solo's minutes.

  29. #720

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Line up of:

    Jeff Foster/Murphy/Dunleavy(Rush)/Granger/TJ Ford(jarret)vs. Manhimi/Scola/Granger/Stephenson/CJ Watson

    Look at it that way, our starters from 2007 would lose to our bench in 2013.

  30. #721
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be a terrible idea, don't send him right into the inferno. Let him play against some lesser teams initially.
    Put Solo in the inferno instead?

    If Danny's ready, play him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  32. #722
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,582

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Line up of:

    Jeff Foster/Murphy/Dunleavy(Rush)/Granger/TJ Ford(jarret)vs. Manhimi/Scola/Granger/Stephenson/CJ Watson

    Look at it that way, our starters from 2007 would lose to our bench in 2013.
    Well, TJ and Jack weren't on this team in 2007.

    07
    Foster/JO(Murphy)/Granger/Dunleavy/Tinsley(Diener)(Murray)

    08
    Hibbert/Murphy/Granger/Daniels(Jack)/TJ(Jack)

  33. #723
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,243

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IIRC, Danny went on insurance payments last year when he was shut down and will remain being paid from insurance until he appears in at least 5 regular season games. Is this in fact the case? If so, what happens if he comes back for the playoffs after the regular season is over? What I'm thinking is that the Pacers have a former All Star, team leader basically for free. A serious injury to one of the starters or even the top 8 would be a reason to activate him some where in the late season. Does this make any sense at all? We arguably have the best team(or at least top 3-4) in the league. We really don't need DG back at this point in the season???
    I could understand you point as well but the team still needs Danny. We're winning but we'll have more games this year then just Portland that we could only win if we have Danny so we'll win more games with him then without. The sooner we get Granger on the floor the better he'll be for us come playoff time. If he's able to play now then now is the time to get him in a game.

  34. #724
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    I didn't get to see the game tonight until the beginning of the second half. Did they discuss Danny at all? Did he have pain this morning?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  35. #725
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't get to see the game tonight until the beginning of the second half. Did they discuss Danny at all? Did he have pain this morning?
    they had more in depth coverage I think it was pregame. Danny practiced and there was sufficient video of him running with the 2nd unit. he looked good. said no pain, and not cautious of knee at all. primarily working on conditioning.

    he is ready to play.

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •