Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

If I could draw up what I'd like to hear ti would go like this "Calf strain was X grade, and Danny is currently doing this, this, and this as part of his rehab"

I really don't need or care about a new timeline though.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Can we get the title of this thread changed? Maybe something like Danny watch 2013. Every time I see this thread title I get very excited only to be disappointed when I see it is the same old thread. Thanks in advance.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd agree with this. No reason not to put this out there, really. Doesn't benefit any opponent's game plan, doesn't release any private medical information, just explains why it is taking so long.

Of course, even THAT would probably be dissected to bits and every nuance used as weapons to justify the "Danny's done, PS&E are lying" argument by some people.
    There is one thing that always has been and always will be true about fans, they never take any statement at face value even when there is nothing deeper than face value.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I agree, running is better than not running.

I don't see the Pacers' communication tactics changing until they feel there is something substantial to report. My guess is that we won't get much of an update until he returns to practice. Until then, we'll continue to get short one sentence responses from Vogel.
    Agreed. This feels old school front office to me. I hope in the future front offices are more up front where we know good and bad updates, so long as both come with an honest assessment of its significance as well as the most recent 'recovery forecast' (with a qualifier that this is not an exact science).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Re: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

I went ahead and updated the thread title.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

So i haven't been very active on this thread, whats the latest on Granger?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Agreed. This feels old school front office to me. I hope in the future front offices are more up front where we know good and bad updates, so long as both come with an honest assessment of its significance as well as the most recent 'recovery forecast' (with a qualifier that this is not an exact science).
    If they said something like "This is taking longer than expected to heal but we are also being cautious since there's no reason to rush him back. There's still soreness in the calf but the MRI's on it have been positive so we're hopeful for a return sooner than later" ...then there would at least be some acknowledgment this is taking longer than it should AND also address the calf enough that it would maybe douse the fires a little that there's another issue (such as the knee). But the extended time and the lack of real updates make it seem something is not going to plan. Whether that something is still the calf issue and slow healing, or worse than reported, or whether the knee is possibly an undisclosed concern is anybody's guess.

I still cannot discount the report out of NY that he was still experiencing knee pain. The report could've been confused of course, or someone such as Copeland could've let the cat outta the bag directly to the reporter or to one of his own former teammates that then told the reporter. It's not a stretch to think the reporter would've had a legitimate source. Whether the info was 100% accurate by the time he got it.... dunno....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

See that's where I take issue, saying his calf is taking longer to heal than it should implies that soft tissue heals at a pre determined rate. They don't.

Danny's calf is going to heal at whatever rate it's going to heal. You can give estimates, but they are shots in the dark.

I mean we can speculate on the possible other things that could be wrong, but that's really not going to get us anywhere. His calf is going to heal at whatever rate it's going to heal. The strength will then return as it would. Believe me when I'm say I'm sure no one in the world wants his calf to heal more than Danny himself, but unfortunately sometimes our body has other plans.

And now I must go do my still ongoing rehab work for the day...yay! (My achilles still hates me, tweaked the hell out of it when I sprained the ankle.) Also if I had a dollar for every time my doctor has looked at me and said I know it feels good today, but you're not done yet, I would at least have 9 or 10 dollars.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 12-03-2013 at 04:42 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    See that's where I take issue, saying his calf is taking longer to heal than it should implies that soft tissue heals at a pre determined rate. They don't.

Danny's calf is going to heal at whatever rate it's going to heal. You can give estimates, but they are shots in the dark.

I mean we can speculate on the possible other things that could be wrong, but that's really not going to get us anywhere. His calf is going to heal at whatever rate it's going to heal. The strength will then return as it would. Believe me when I'm say I'm sure no one in the world wants his calf to heal more than Danny himself, but unfortunately sometimes our body has other plans.

And now I must go do my still ongoing rehab work for the day...yay! (My achilles still hates me, tweaked the hell out of it when I sprained the ankle.) Also if I had a dollar for every time my doctor has looked at me and said I know it feels good today, but you're not done yet, I would at least have 9 or 10 dollars.
    I said 'expected' not 'should' and really meant it as 'hoped' so we're really in about the same place on this issue. I would never expect them to say anything that is too definitive all things considered.

IMHO What you just said would be a fine Granger update itself if that is what the current situation is.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Unfortunately, I wonder if it would be a good idea to sticky this thread?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It could be something quite simple.

We have a team that is 16-2 and at the top of the NBA. If you are the Pacers, do you want the focus to be on your team, its record and the players who are playing, or do you want to distract from that and put some of the focus on the player who is not playing.

If I'm the head honcho and I want the maximum number of butts in the sets, I am going to focus on the positives and not the negatives.

Another simple solution of no news is that after suffering a few setbacks Danny himself has stated that no information regarding his medical condition may be released. That would also lead to nothing but vague generalities being leaked.

I'm beyond it all. When he's back, he's back. Until then, I'm quite pleased with the players we have and their 16-2 record.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Unfortunately, I wonder if it would be a good idea to sticky this thread?
    Actually, I'd be quite pleased with killing this thread. It serves no real purpose other than to be a negative force among forum members.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Any increased phsyical activity is a good thing.

I'm losing my patience with the lack of communication from the Pacers. I don't think it's too hard to tell people what he's been up too, and what they expect him to be doing in the next week or so. I know they don't want to heighten expectations and then have a setback, but I don't think it would be worse than saying 3 weeks and then getting zero updates for 4-5 weeks.
    Vogel has said several times that Danny will start practicing when he has no more soreness. So until he starts practicing there is nothing to report!

Thus there is no reason to get upset about this.

I prefer them taking their time and bring Danny back slow. I just want him healthy for the playoffs.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post

I prefer them taking their time and bring Danny back slow. I just want him healthy for the playoffs.
    Deja vu? No, not so much!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Big Lance supporter here...as you all know. But I was pissed last night when he slammed his hand down on the media desk. As horrible as he played, he doesn't deserve to act like that. He needed to shut his mouth, go to the bench and support the team from there. I'm sure it's all mental, because he is oozing with talent...but my patience doesn't last long for that type of reaction...particularly when he played so badly that he didn't even earn the right to express himself. I do think we would have won that game with Granger at around 80%.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I was out of the room but I heard the Pacers broadcast talking about Danny... he's running, shooting, and participating in drills. Next step is 3-on-3.

Did anybody else hear it? Can you confirm that I heard right, or add anything that I missed?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I was out of the room but I heard the Pacers broadcast talking about Danny... he's running, shooting, and participating in drills. Next step is 3-on-3.

Did anybody else hear it? Can you confirm that I heard right, or add anything that I missed?

Yeah, I heard Brooke say that he did some drills and that the next step is 3 on 3 with some of the "younger guys".

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, I heard Brooke say that he did some drills and that the next step is 3 on 3 with some of the "younger guys".
    I think you guys just took the blue pill and chased it with some papst blue ribbon.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

Yes she did say it. I heard it myself.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

34. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

I am sure three on three IS the next thing.
    Perhaps someday he will make that step.
    That would be a positive sign.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Big Lance supporter here...as you all know. But I was pissed last night when he slammed his hand down on the media desk. As horrible as he played, he doesn't deserve to act like that. He needed to shut his mouth, go to the bench and support the team from there. I'm sure it's all mental, because he is oozing with talent...but my patience doesn't last long for that type of reaction...particularly when he played so badly that he didn't even earn the right to express himself. I do think we would have won that game with Granger at around 80%.
    Lance is pure emotion, that's what he is plain and simple.. I'm glad he got pissed.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHale For This Useful Post:

Brooke gets a report out about Danny after a Granger PD thread with over 600 posts..... hmmm.... Seriously, thanks Pacers reps for visiting PD and keeping up on the pulse of Pacers Nation. Of course the Pacers run a great organization and it is only fitting to have one of the best fan sites out there.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Brooke's update was pretty much exactly word for word, what I wanted to hear in an update, except no clarification on the grade, but hey ya can't have it all.

Also, hi Brooke or whatever unnamed Pacers rep saw my post!

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Brooke's update was pretty much exactly word for word, what I wanted to hear in an update, except no clarification on the grade, but hey ya can't have it all.

Also, hi Brooke or whatever unnamed Pacers rep saw my post!
    Yeah, I thought that was the case. But like I said, I missed part of it so I wasn't sure what exactly was communicated.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

I was just happy when she said that part of the drills involved him cutting, as opposed to only running in straight lines.