Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Threaded View

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lance can't deal with Granger coming back you have to question if you even want Lance on the team next year.
    I don't think it has to be personal or Lance having a problem with Granger. It's just that every person in the starting line up has the spot sewn up, rock solid. Including Lance. But if Danny comes back, no other starter will be looking over his shoulder except Lance. Roy or Hill can make two mistakes in a row and they'll be fine. If Lance does, it may mean he starts to sit.

That could be an issue for any player on our squad, it's just that Lance is the only one who may have to deal with it. Factor in Granger being up and down, healthy and not healthy, and all the inconsistancy involved with that, and it can have it's effect.

I'm not saying it's a reason to keep Granger from finishing, and I'm not saying I don't want him to get healthy. I'm just pointing out the realities of what happens if a healthy Granger returns.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post: