Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why? What makes Granger as an expiring more valuable than Pierce to the Nets as an expiring?

And are you actually thinking of bringing Pierce off the bench? He'd go nuts. You can't bring him in to start - it's one thing to have a guy who was The Man for the team return from injury and start over a guy playing well (and even THAT is controversial to some folks), it entirely another to go out and get someone and bring them in as a starter over the guy who has played well.
    That's why I said that we should sprinkle in a second round pick to tilt the scales. If it didn't work, then that's that.

If Brooklyn continues to be bad, then yes, I think Pierce would gladly take playing here for a couple months and have one last chance at a championship. A rested Pierce could still have a couple of vintage playoff games in which he dropped 20+ points, just like Reggie did in his late 30's. Then next season he could go back home to LA and sign for the vets minimum with the Clipps so that he can finish his career with Doc.

Mood

Can we not make this about trade proposals?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by DEEman View Post
    Stuff like that can be found on the internet?
    That was a joke... an abysmal joke but still a joke. I thought the category name (or, at least, including "ear licking" as part of the collection) was enough. Sorry.

That being said, you can certainly find every thing I mentioned on the internet...

high-fives

post-dunk rope lines

ear lickings

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    ear lickings

I feel like I want to see this one altered to where you swap out AJ Price and replace it with the Alien 3 xeno that comes right up next to Ripley's face (leave Tyler in there instead of her, of course):

But that's probably just me.

(To be fair, where do you think I got the alias of Hicks from? It wasn't Hicks vs. Knicks!)

Mood

Anyway, still no word of Danny today? I guess there wouldn't be since they were probably traveling (or maybe that was yesterday?).

Mood

Don't hold your breath. I'm looking for a feb return. And at that I see a 5-10 mpg max for a long time. In the playoffs the will see more time.

But, Also, if he continues with injuries I see him shelved for he year and nowhere next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Anyway, still no word of Danny today? I guess there wouldn't be since they were probably traveling (or maybe that was yesterday?).

It doesn't look like it.

@Mark_J_Boyle: Blue and Yellow Menace spending time in the Cat Box, getting ready for tonight's game with the BobKitties. http://t.co/DiJj0Iqeu2

Granger isn't in Boyle's picture of practice.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...ooting-drills/

The Danny Granger Strained Calf Watch will continue into the Thanksgiving holiday with this update…

There is no update.

“He’s lifting weights, he can’t do much conditioning in terms of running,” Pacers coach Frank Vogel said on Wednesday about Granger’s status. “So it’s just light shooting and weights and treatment everyday.”

Though the Pacers announced on Monday, Oct. 28 that Granger would miss approximately three weeks while dealing with a strained calf in his left leg, that time has passed. We’re now into the fourth week and Granger is still on the inactive list. Vogel also reiterated that there is no new timeline. “We’ll just wait until (Granger’s) pain free,” Vogel said.

However, Granger continues to travel with the team and on Wednesday afternoon in Charlotte, Granger defeated several teammates in a shooting drill.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    ZZZ.

Mood

Sports Logo

I haven't keep up to this lately. Hence, I wanna ask this question. I don't want to sound silly but when will Granger play? Can someone sum up his condition since the injury? Thanks.
    No matter how good you are, there's still a lot of luck involved. - Reggie Miller

I'd assume that we don't have a practice Thursday with the holiday. We may have one on Sat. since it's our last chance at home before the road trip. The team could really use the help on the road trip but I'd guess there's very little chance we see Granger do anything until after the Miami game on the 10th. if for nothing else just due to the tight schedule which won't allow for much practice. This would have been his week to get involved again if he were going to in the near future.

Another week...... Even my patience is starting to wear.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Yeah, if he's not practicing by, say, around Friday next week, then I think they're being a bit ridiculous about this calf, but maybe that's just me being impatient because apparently moderate sprains can take up to 6 weeks, and it hasn't been that long yet. I don't know.

I can't speak for practice but he was out shooting before the game tonight.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:

Yeah, if he's not practicing by, say, around Friday next week, then I think they're being a bit ridiculous about this calf, but maybe that's just me being impatient because apparently moderate sprains can take up to 6 weeks, and it hasn't been that long yet. I don't know.
    I kind of feel the same way. Has anyone on here ever had a sprain take 6 weeks to heal, I haven't and I've had a few. I think we'll be pushing the 6 week point by the time we get to the Miami game and I just don't see very many full practices before that due to the schedule. If he's ready while we're on the road I'd still rather see Danny play then OJ, Hill or Copeland even if Danny hasn't had much time in practice.

Mood

Have you had ones that were beyond mild, though? I've never sprained my calf, but I used to sprain my ankle pretty good on a handful of occasions, though most of those still were probably just mild, and I didn't have to go play basketball professionally after I did it, either.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Another week...... Even my patience is starting to wear.
    Just do what I do.......have low expectations when it comes to situations like this. That way, you won't be disappointed when your expectations aren't met up to this point.

Even being on Team Granger.....I am putting my $$ on him returning in the first half of January...mid-January at the latest. I don't expect him to return anytime before than...so, for me....at this moment......no news isn't bad news....it's what I fully expect.

Yep....that's my motto....aim low and you'll never really be too disappointed
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-28-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A calf is a muscle and I do not believe that they are sprained.
    I am sure there is a name for the tendons that connect the calf to both the knee and the ankle.
    Those joints could be sprained I believe.
    That would be a sprained ankle, or a sprained knee.

I have had bad ankle sprains that were as season ending as any broken bone.
    But they were dramatic injuries.
    Not just "I ran too much lately and I need to rest".
    But that is the type of injury that is typical of muscles like the calf.
    Two to three weeks are sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollar View Post
    I haven't keep up to this lately. Hence, I wanna ask this question. I don't want to sound silly but when will Granger play? Can someone sum up his condition since the injury? Thanks.
    He was said to have a type two strain, which typically heals in 3 to 6 weeks. From Oct. 28 to December 9th is 6 weeks. That's 11 days away. The thing is they aren't going to let Danny resume practice until there is no pain.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 11-28-2013 at 01:19 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Leaving Granger as an unknown while having him show off his shooting during pregames might be the low risk way to maximize the value of his expiring contract for a couple of young players or another expiring plus a young player that would free up space to keep Lance.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

This whole situation is just annoying i'm convinced he's just an expiring contract at this point that will help us resign Lance. We can't really trade him cause he's dead weight and if he doesn't come back till january nobody is going to want to turn around and give us anything of worth a month away when the trade deadline comes around. What a cluster**** this situation has been. I'd be happy to be wrong anything he can contribute is just bonus at this point but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Have you had ones that were beyond mild, though? I've never sprained my calf, but I used to sprain my ankle pretty good on a handful of occasions, though most of those still were probably just mild, and I didn't have to go play basketball professionally after I did it, either.

I'd guess I never had a type 2 strain, I'ver never even heard the phrase used before this however.

I think we'll just find that DG33 has chronic health issues when it comes to his knee in particular. It's not his fault. Structurally, I'm guessing he just doesn't have the build there for the punishment of a regular NBA schedule. Even if/when he does return, I would advise against expecting much from a minutes or even games played standpoint. May well be an every-other-game kind of deal, or at least no back-to-backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    I think we'll just find that DG33 has chronic health issues when it comes to his knee in particular. It's not his fault. Structurally, I'm guessing he just doesn't have the build there for the punishment of a regular NBA schedule. Even if/when he does return, I would advise against expecting much from a minutes or even games played standpoint. May well be an every-other-game kind of deal, or at least no back-to-backs.
    and that opinion is based upon what facts?

is it his previous 7 years in the league with hardly any down time whilst carrying a team and paying heavy minutes? or is it more a what have you done for me lately opinion that has forgotten the season prior to the last?

I am seriously curious
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    I can't speak for practice but he was out shooting before the game tonight.
    According to George Hill in the Star article this morning Danny whipped everybody in the morning shootaround shooting contests....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731