Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger 13-14 Discussion

Gotta Play Big

Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah actually there are 6 shots per game out there that I'd like to see him take away from two specific players.
    I must say I agree with this. Two bench players named Solomon Hill and Orlando Johnson.

In fact, that is the perfect use for Danny. Go ahead and give Solo and OJ some minutes but give most of that time to Granger. I don't even care if he's healthy. If he's 75% Granger from 2011-12, he's a lot better than Solo and at least a little better than OJ.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    You actually think Danny will only take 6 shots A game?! I don't see it, I'm ready for this circus to move on through.
    Welcome back
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Anyone know if it were reported the Pacers practiced some zone defense during training camp. I don't see the Pacers going to it much but as you mentioned there is no way to stop LeBron (at times). Not really advocating it but the last time LeBron was stopped it was by Dallas and that was the trump card.

Tough news regarding Granger. Its starting to feel like Bob Sanders to me. I hope Granger can play around 80% this season. He deserves the chance to play for this team as a contender.
    You should listen to the interview before deciding it's tough news. The soreness was expected and he was just held out today from practice today but is still on schedule to return next week. I would think the odds are that he practices Thursday.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You actually think Danny will only take 6 shots A game?! I don't see it, I'm ready for this circus to move on through.
    Nope, and I hope he takes more than 6 shots. He is a great scorer, you don't want great scorers taking only 6 shots.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I'm with Hicks the improvements the team has made with the bench and the individual improvements that have been made don't worry me a bit against the Heat we were a game away with things the way they were last year. If we get homecourt throughout like they're gunning for and looking at how this team has improved I really don't fear anybody in this league. Granger would just be the cherry on the icing on the cake.

Sure our offense hasn't scored over a hundred, but it's not like we really haven't had that opportunity to do so. We've had 2 or 3 games where we just rolled the opponents and cleared out bench cause we haven't needed to score over 100 I think that it's definitely something we're capable of.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I must say I agree with this. Two bench players named Solomon Hill and Orlando Johnson.

In fact, that is the perfect use for Danny. Go ahead and give Solo and OJ some minutes but give most of that time to Granger. I don't even care if he's healthy. If he's 75% Granger from 2011-12, he's a lot better than Solo and at least a little better than OJ.
    Solo and OJ are averaging a total of 23 mpg. In terms of FGA....I'm guessing that we are looking more at 7 to 9 FGA a game....basically what a 7th to 8th Man in the rotation would give you. Granger is there only as the 3rd to 5th scoring option on the floor ( which depends on who he is playing with in the rotation ). He will provide better defense than OJ/Solo, but I'm guessing that he's going to be a little slower and won't be able to defend as well. But he's out there as a scorer, provide slightly above average and there to tow the line.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I'm with Hicks the improvements the team has made with the bench and the individual improvements that have been made don't worry me a bit against the Heat we were a game away with things the way they were last year. If we get homecourt throughout like they're gunning for and looking at how this team has improved I really don't fear anybody in this league. Granger would just be the cherry on the icing on the cake.

Sure our offense hasn't scored over a hundred, but it's not like we really haven't had that opportunity to do so. We've had 2 or 3 games where we just rolled the opponents and cleared out bench cause we haven't needed to score over 100 I think that it's definitely something we're capable of.
    I think that our offense would slightly improve with Granger in the lineup. But I think that it is important to improve the scoring. Defense keeps us in the game....but an improved offense where the offense is more efficient and more effective. This could translate IMHO into less reliance on the Starting 5. I don't think that it's a good thing that PG24 and Lance both average 36+ mpg over the duration of the entire season. Exceed the # of minutes for important games...sure, but for an entire season? Not good IMHO. More offense and great defense could translate into Vogel going to the bench more often.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I think that our offense would slightly improve with Granger in the lineup. But I think that it is important to improve the scoring. Defense keeps us in the game....but an improved offense where the offense is more efficient and more effective. This could translate IMHO into less reliance on the Starting 5. I don't think that it's a good thing that PG24 and Lance both average 36+ mpg over the duration of the entire season. Exceed the # of minutes for important games...sure, but for an entire season? Not good IMHO. More offense and great defense could translate into Vogel going to the bench more often.
    I think that once the bench starts clicking and it's getting better each game that the mpg for lance and george will go down accordingly, but I do agree with you and think that granger will help with the minutes per game load that PG and Lance have as well.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

We're Charlie Brown, Danny is Lucy and the football.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

I only view setbacks to Danny's recovery negatively in the light that I would simply like to see him play. NOT in the light that it diminishes our championship hopes. I would like to see Danny get to experience some reward for sticking with it through the dark ages of this team.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

Hopefully Danny is voodoo flossing.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No. I'm just saying that there are 6 shots available, without taking any from any of the established rotational players.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    If he's 75% Granger from 2011-12, he's a lot better than Solo and at least a little better than OJ.
    Toronto's mayor makes an appearance.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

When Danny played last year, he defined black hole. He made the Jordan Crawfords and the Nick Youngs of the world look like Jason Kidd
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    When Danny played last year, he defined black hole. He made the Jordan Crawfords and the Nick Youngs of the world look like Jason Kidd
    And I heard he likes beating up puppies in his garage. Don't forget to leave that out!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Just last year?

Sports Logo

It's always fun when people pretend that Granger is Rudy Gay.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Ironically, those same people probably think well of Rudy Gay, because Rudy Gay "looks" good. He's smooth, and as athletic as any player in the NBA.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Very similar players. Danny's more efficient because he shoots better and gets to the line more, but Gays the better ball handler, better athlete, better in transition. On the exact same level of player IMO... and both can be black holes

32. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    On the exact same level of player IMO... and both can be black holes
    Yep. Danny took 19 shots, and averaged 26pts. Rudy takes 20 shots to average 20pts. Same exact level of player.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Yep. Danny took 19 shots, and averaged 26pts. Rudy takes 20 shots to average 20pts. Same exact level of player.
    I said he's a more efficient scorer. Doesn't mean he's a better player and not a black hole.

Don't argue, it is pointless.

Seriously, just don't.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    I said he's a more efficient scorer. Doesn't mean he's a better player and not a black hole.
    Then I guess Paul George is a black hole then, considering he takes 18 shots per game. Guess Granger, PG, and Rudy are all on the same level then. Better call up the NBA media and let them know Rudy Gay is also a superstar.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Don't argue, it is pointless.

Seriously, just don't.
    It's like watching a toddler try to stick the square block through the circle hole. I know they don't understand, yet I feel compelled to switch out the blocks in their hand.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Then I guess Paul George is a black hole then, considering he takes 18 shots per game. Guess Granger, PG, and Rudy are all on the same level then. Better call up the NBA media and let them know Rudy Gay is also a superstar.
    Paul George can pass the ball.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of either one of them, but to just look at scoring efficiency to determine who the better player is silly. Should expect around here though