Thread: Geist, By George

Default Geist, By George

http://atgeist.com/blog/geist-by-geo...ist-reservoir/

Not sure if this has been posted or not.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Geist, By George

Paul said he really enjoyed his first summer of lake living. “[Neighbors] are very helpful. The lady next door is in catering, and she brought me desserts and lunch. It was just incredible. Kids come to the door with snacks and treats all the time.” While he’s not bothered that people know where he lives (after all, Paul posted a photo to Instagram), he hopes people will respect his privacy. “As long as they choose an appropriate time to say hello, I’m fine with it,” he explained.
    Damn. Talk about a nice guy.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://atgeist.com/blog/geist-by-geo...ist-reservoir/

Not sure if this has been posted or not.....
    The kid's got exactly the right personality for this community. A potential MVP in the making that is comfortable with people knowing where he lives and inviting people to drop food by?

I never imagined that there might be a player that could compare to Reggie's star profile in Indiana in the NBA... but this kid has a shot. Especially if he leads the team to it's first NBA title.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also goes to show once again just how tight this team is chemistry-wise:

“George [Hill] owns a boat, so I’ll call him up sometimes and say, ‘George, let’s get on the lake.’ He’ll drive his boat over to my dock, pick me up and we’ll go out for the day and do our thing.” Paul also shared that George recently saved his beloved pit bull after the dog fell into the lake. “I wasn’t there at the time. Thank God George was at my house, and he was able to save him. That dog’s my buddy.”
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Paul should apply to be the town poet...."roses are red, violets are blue, I love Geist" but poems like that take at least 12 years to come up with

Paul George was like the absolutely perfect star to land in Indy.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

damn, that's a nice house. Wish I was 6'9. And good at basketball. And had a work ethic to make me good at basketball.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

In case anybody wanted to see the actual magazine layout....

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

In case anyone doesn't like to read...

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Nice little article. Though I have wonder, about that story with his dog. Why was the dog outside to where it could fall in the lake when he wasn't even there? Glad GH3 was there for him, but seems like there is more to that story than meets the eye.

I think PG is gonna regret letting it out there that people are welcome to stop by and say hi. I know he is just being nice, but just cause your famous doesn't mean you should have to entertain such ridiculousness at your front door. Though I'm sure he probably has a gate and all.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Nice little article. Though I have wonder, about that story with his dog. Why was the dog outside to where it could fall in the lake when he wasn't even there? Glad GH3 was there for him, but seems like there is more to that story than meets the eye.

I think PG is gonna regret letting it out there that people are welcome to stop by and say hi. I know he is just being nice, but just cause your famous doesn't mean you should have to entertain such ridiculousness at your front door. Though I'm sure he probably has a gate and all.
    Its really not that inconceivable that a dog would fall into Geist. Maybe George Hill and others were down at the dock fishing and that's when it fell in?

Also, his section of the neighborhood is gated off so that will keep most people away. Sure the stalkers and other crazies could still get by, but they were likely to find out where he was living with or without the article. Although you better believe he'll have his share of ladies and jersey chasers swinging by his dock in the summer.
    Last edited by bunt; 11-13-2013 at 05:36 PM.

He's in a gated community with what I counted to be 32 total houses behind the gate, so it's not really a big deal...

https://maps.google.com/maps?safe=of...ed=0CCwQ8gEwAA

sweet
    Smothered Chicken!

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    Its really not that inconceivable that a dog would fall into Geist. Maybe George Hill and others were down at the dock fishing and that's when it fell in?

Also, his section of the neighborhood is gated off so that will keep most people away. Sure the stalkers and other crazies could still get by, but they were likely to find out where he was living with or without the article. Although you better believe he'll have his share of ladies and jersey chasers swinging by his dock in the summer.
    Wouldn't that be the life?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlton View Post
    He's in a gated community with what I counted to be 32 total houses behind the gate, so it's not really a big deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Karlton View Post

Dude don't post his address on here. Jesus, there's probably 3 or 4 insane lurkers who are now inviting themselves to his house. lol
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

I'm more surprised that the dog couldn't swim, to be honest.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Dude don't post his address on here. Jesus, there's probably 3 or 4 insane lurkers who are now inviting themselves to his house. lol
    you mean you can't just invite yourself places? how would I make any friends if I didn't go to their parties uninvited and unannounced?

default.jpg

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    damn, that's a nice house. Wish I was 6'9. And good at basketball. And had a work ethic to make me good at basketball.
    When I finally hit the lottery I have two goals. I'm would like to move there and I'm buying an entire section of seats at BFL just for PD.
    Actually a third goal would be to get a suite at BFL and have 5 or 6 different ladies in it every game. (Might need tinted windows in the suite)

That day can't come soon enough.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

[QUOTE=MagicRat;1734730]In case anybody wanted to see the actual magazine layout....

What is he holding in his left hand? A blue and white yardstick? A car wash broom? A huge toothbrush?
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I'm more surprised that the dog couldn't swim, to be honest.
    It looks like there's a wall between the property and the reservoir, so while the dog could swim, it couldn't ever get back onto land.

[QUOTE=RobRoy317;1735541]
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    In case anybody wanted to see the actual magazine layout....

What is he holding in his left hand? A blue and white yardstick? A car wash broom? A huge toothbrush?
    Fishing pole in right hand and possibly a net in his left to haul in his catch?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I was wondering where Paul was fishing on that Inside Stuff segment.