Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Colts-Titans

Default Re: Colts-Titans

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those "stubborn" coaches gave Brown more carries than Richardson tonight.
    ....and you saw the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    No he has not. He has had his fair share of **** games and people calling for his benching. You either have short memory or you're related to him, lol.
    In the past he has, but I really think he has improved this year. Maybe bringing in T Rich lit a fire under his a**.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Yeah Brown was just as bad as Richardson is now for a good stretch of his career for the same exact reasons.
    This is just wrong. It's a legitimately cognitively dissonant statement.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He improved only after TRich got here. Mark my words, he is benefiting from TRich right now. The looks and formations favor him. Trent gets all the poorly executed power sets and Brown gets all the receiver sets where defenses sag in pass to account for Luck. It's almost like using the analogy of the run setting up the play action, except they're using Trent to set up the big chunks for DBrown. It's working. The line seems better at the non power set schemes. Couple all this with Brown actually staying healthy and running with confidence and it paints a somewhat inaccurate picture if you're not reading it correctly.

We're winning though. Our power set run blocking has to improve. Trent looks better in pass protection and receiving than Brown.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Speaking of the game I think Walden should've been ejected for headbutting Delanie Walker like that.....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

I guess if we ignore how absolutely terrible Brown was in the passing game and how Brown went through an 8 game stretch in his second season where he averaged 2.9 yards per carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Speaking of the game I think Walden should've been ejected for headbutting Delanie Walker like that.....
    He'll probably get suspended for a game.

I guess if we ignore how absolutely terrible Brown was in the passing game and how Brown went through an 8 game stretch in his second season where he averaged 2.9 yards per carry.
    What does Brown's second season have to do with this season? 2.9 yards per carry is about what T Rich has been averaging since he got here. Sorry, you guys drinking the T Rich kool aid, but a great back should average more than 2.8 yards per carry even with no blocking at all. How many games do you have to give T Rich before you admit he's a mediocre back at best?

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    What does Brown's second season have to do with this season? 2.9 yards per carry is about what T Rich has been averaging since he got here. Sorry, you guys drinking the T Rich kool aid, but a great back should average more than 2.8 yards per carry even with no blocking at all. How many games do you have to give T Rich before you admit he's a mediocre back at best?
    I think that the point was pretty obvious: that Brown at one point was playing as terribly as Richardson is playing right now.

I think that the point was pretty obvious: that Brown at one point was playing as terribly as Richardson is playing right now.
    I do agree with that. As I said before, I have never been a big Brown fan, but I do feel at THIS point that he has earned more carries than T Rich. If his production falls off then go back to using T Rich a little more. The fact that we spent a first rounder on T Rich should not affect the coaches decision on who plays more. I want whoever is getting the job done out there.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

OK guys, I gotta take credit...I caused the Colts to win tonight. During halftime I broke my pledge and poured myself a glass of Jim Beam Black Label. I gave it up about 3 weeks ago in an effort to lose weight. I decided that if the Colts were to win tonight I was going to have to go back to my gametime ritual and have the JBB and well, we all see the result.

But my bottle is nearly empty soooooo,
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Im starting to get annoyed how Kid Minneapolis defeneds t rich to death.

when will you legit say it was a wrong or right move? because you seem very good at coming up with excuses for the man.

and no dont think i am rooting for him to fail if he comes out next week and has 200 yards or something thats great and egg will be all over my face.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

2013 Colts = Cardiac Kids. Whether coming from behind yet again or getting torched by the Rams at home by 30, you're always on the verge of a heart attack.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Im starting to get annoyed how Kid Minneapolis defeneds t rich to death.

when will you legit say it was a wrong or right move? because you seem very good at coming up with excuses for the man.

and no dont think i am rooting for him to fail if he comes out next week and has 200 yards or something thats great and egg will be all over my face.
    It will be good for him if he has a "200 yd game" and for the team of course. And hopefully it will be a base for something better. But at the same time it won't mean much at all if he doesn't remain a bit consistent.

The T-Rich love and excuses here have reached a ridiculous level. As the narrative that only Brown gets spread formations and Rich doesn't. Brown almost exposed Richardson yesterday and he should continue getting the majority of the snaps. There was a couple of downs there wasn't any obvious gap but he remained patient and hit the gap the right time with power and pace. Loved it.
    Now if we get more screen passes for Richardson like the one we drew from our 5yd line, it would be better. Find ways to get the most out of him.

As for the game, we have reached a point I have grown tired of typing for the slow starts. We keep saying it, the coaches keep saying it. What do they do? Nothing. The team keeps coming unprepared. We got the game in the end but how many more times really?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

the special teams forced a turnover that changed the game. finally
    "We want Miami"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So I'm ridiculous because I support a Colt. Because I know he's having a bigger impact than people realize. And because Donald Brown is Donald Brown. It's not a love fest. I just know that a lot of you are making some unwise statements right now. I never said DBrown does not deserve touches. But there is more to this than "TRich sucks and D Brown is awesome. "
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brown is quicker that TRich so he can get through the holes quicker than TRich.
    "We want Miami"

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So I'm ridiculous because I support a Colt. Because I know he's having a bigger impact than people realize. And because Donald Brown is Donald Brown. It's not a love fest. I just know that a lot of you are making some unwise statements right now. I never said DBrown does not deserve touches. But there is more to this than "TRich sucks and D Brown is awesome. "

The defending of Richardson is kinda ridiculous. So far he has showed absolutely nothing. He has so far shown he is average in the qualities needed by a RB. Average speed, poor to average acceleration, poor vision. I'll give you he's good in catching the ball and better than Brown in blocking.

He runs behind a bad line for the best part of the snaps but you'd think he would have showed at least once a bit of his special talent he supposedly has. None so far.

And please stop branding us like we only watch Brown and Rich's ypc or we support our arguments by simply saying that the latter sucks.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

T-Rich is just slow. He takes forever to change directions and is just slower at hitting holes than Brown. By no means am I laying all of the blame on him, but he just doesn't add anything. Bradshaw added something in his short time here. Brown added something last night. Is T-Rich really just that unlucky that he can't ever have a good game?

It was nice to see T-Rich get involved in the passing game, but you know he's rarely going to break anything. Brown at least as a chance to break it.

In a perfect world, Ballard and Bradshaw would have remained healthy all season and we don't do that trade. But it is what it is. I've been a huge Grigs fan because he has obviously built a solid roster in a very short amount of time, but it's looking like he got fleeced big time on that trade.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Apparently Luck changed his usual tune during the break

"It was to a whole new level," punter Pat McAfee said. "Normally, he has a calming presence, meaning we know what we have to do to win the game. This was a different Andrew."

"He had that look in his eye," Colts defensive lineman Cory Redding said. "He basically told the team to jump on his back. He really got caught up today when he was talking to us. He challenged everybody to fight and go out there and win this game. You like to hear that from your leader."
    Brought to you by your favourite beat writer Mike Wells

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis...ts-at-halftime

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The defending of him by me is no less annoying than the incessant TRich sucks statements.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

He improved only after TRich got here. Mark my words, he is benefiting from TRich right now. The looks and formations favor him. Trent gets all the poorly executed power sets and Brown gets all the receiver sets where defenses sag in pass to account for Luck. It's almost like using the analogy of the run setting up the play action, except they're using Trent to set up the big chunks for DBrown. It's working. The line seems better at the non power set schemes. Couple all this with Brown actually staying healthy and running with confidence and it paints a somewhat inaccurate picture if you're not reading it correctly.

We're winning though. Our power set run blocking has to improve. Trent looks better in pass protection and receiving than Brown.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
    I think their roles have been changing as the season is going along though and that dismissal of Brown's production is becoming less and less true.

In fact, I think their roles were flip flopped last night. Brown was the one in on 2nd and 3rd and short (Brown was 2 for 4 on those runs, Richardson was 0 for 1). Brown got all three red zone carries. Brown was the one who had the majority of the carries in the power run set the Colts went into at the end of the game. For Brown to average 5.7 a carry with so many of his carries coming in those situations, it was his best day of the year. In fact, he looked exactly liked I hoped Richardson would. He found some tiny holes, burst through them, and then was able to at least drag the first tackler for a couple yards if not shake him off entirely. Half of Brown's runs went for 6 yards or more including two for TD's.

Richardson meanwhile was the player who the Colts were trying to run plays for to get him in space. And that seems like a good role for him. He did nothing special with those plays, but he caught the ball and did what was asked of him.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

Like I posted earlier in this thread, we have been outscored 66-9 in the last three first halves. That is just a hideous that falls on everyone's shoulders: coaches, players, etc. I would say that the Reggie Wayne absence has certainly played a major factor in the offense starting slow, though we seemed to have those problems even before he went down. Anyway, this problem needs to be fixed very soon. We can catch up against the Texans and Jaguars, and we've even shown that we can catch up against great teams, but it's still a recipe for disaster in the playoffs.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Give Da Rick Rogers a chance, coaches. Loved how they only used Brazill and Hilton in the second half if I am not mistake. DHB was nowhere to be seen and deservedly so. Only good thing about him is we signed him on a one year deal. Good riddance next offseason.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

The OLine can pull? Wow, I seriously thought they were cemented into the ground.

Thank God for some new play calling during that second half. Hopefully this is signs to come.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.