Thread: Dwayne Bowe arrested for Weed and speeding

Default Dwayne Bowe arrested for Weed and speeding

DWAYNE BOWE
    ARRESTED
    Weed & Speed
    BREAKING NEWS1112-dwayne-bowe-mugshot-01

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe was arrested Sunday ... after cops say the NFL superstar was speeding around Missouri with marijuana in his car.

According to the Riverside PD, officers noticed Bowe doing 48 in a 35 in his 2011 Audi R8 ... and pulled him over for speeding.

During the stop, cops say the officer noticed a strong odor of pot ... and asked Bowe, along with his two passengers, to get out of the vehicle.

Cops say a K-9 unit searched the car and turned up a black bag with 2 sacks of weed totaling 14.6 grams.

One of the guys in Bowe's car told cops the pot was his -- and he was also arrested for marijuana possession. Cops also found 2 joints on the passenger.

Bowe and his passenger were hauled to a nearby police station -- where they were booked and released. They're due in court on December 18.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/12/dwayne...#ixzz2kSEFAA8I

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Dwayne Bowe arrested for Weed and speeding

Two bags totaling 14grams? Sounds like a dealer.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Yeah, that's a big bag of salad. Why a millionaire athlete would ever have that much on them just boggles my mind.

It's not that big. Depending how how strong the weed is/was, it would be worth anywhere from $50-$120.

I say a dealer, because if it's for your own use, why two bags? And 7grams, in each, is a weight that is commonly sold.
    Last edited by Since86; 11-12-2013 at 01:39 PM.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Does this make Bowe a...

ummmm.....

possession receiver?

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

lol

This explains a lot about the Chiefs offense.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not that big. Depending how how strong the weed is/was, it would be worth anywhere from $50-$120.

I say a dealer, because if it's for your own use, why two bags? And 7grams, in each, is a weight that is commonly sold.
    Not a dealer. 14 grams can be smoked in one day easily. It could easily be in two bags because it could be two different strains of high grade weed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Guy who arrested him apparently

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Looks like I need to drop him on my fantasy team

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Looks like I need to drop him on my fantasy team
    The guy has been a total bust on mine. He was able to put up good numbers with crappy QBs. I figured with Reid and Smith he would do even better, but the guy has been completely invisible in almost every game. Between him and Jackson it is a miracle I am 5-5. Thank you Peyton and Megatron.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, that's a big bag of salad. Why a millionaire athlete would ever have that much on them just boggles my mind.
    A half ounce? Seriously?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/01/15/dwa...for-marijuana/

Dwayne Bowe Claims He Was Profiled When He Got Arrested for Marijuana

This past November, Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe was pulled over in Missouri, allegedly for driving 48 in a 35. Detecting a “strong odor of marijuana”, the K-9 officer searched the vehicle and found what he was looking for.

Speaking with Kansas City’s 810 WHB yesterday, Bowe theorized that he was targeted for reasons other than speeding (via Chiefs Spin):

“I mean everybody, people close around me and my team and the organization know I had nothing to do with that. I was being profiled and it will all come to light in February. It wasn’t a distraction because my teammates know and my family knows. Like I said, I was being watched and being followed. Like I said, that’s how it goes sometimes when you got the millions behind your name.”
    Bowe was previously suspended for four games in 2009 for violating the NFL’s PED policy; any discipline for this particular incident would be separately categorized as a substance-abuse violation.

Mood

Lol you're saying you were profiled, but you still had weed in your car. So it's your fault, quit trying to blame it on other ppl. I could care less if athletes smoke bud, but driving around with it is another thing. That's just stupid. When I smoked when I was younger even I didn't bring it in my car with me except from my dealers house to straight home. People riding around smoking are just asking to get caught.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...re-pot-arrest/

Dwayne Bowe walks back comments about being profiled before pot arrest

In January, Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe said during a radio interview that he felt he was profiled by police when he was arrested in November on marijuana possession charges.

Bowe was pulled over for speeding when police said they smelled marijuana in his car and subsequently found two containers with a little more than 10 grams of pot between them. The case is making its way through the system, with an April 16 court date looming and Bowe’s attorney filing a motion to suppress evidence found during the search, and Bowe took a moment Friday to release a statement through his lawyer walking back his previous comments.

“I just wanted to clear up a few things regarding the Riverside incident,” Bowe said in the statement, via the Kansas City Star. “I don’t believe I was racially profiled by the Riverside police department. I believe I was pulled over for speeding. I have seen the police reports and videos given to my attorney in this case, and I want people to know I was treated with courtesy and respect by the police. I regret speeding in Riverside and have driven through Riverside many times since Nov. 10 without a problem.”

Bowe is coming off a year that saw him catch 57 passes for 673 yards, the lowest yards per catch of his career, and said earlier this offseason that he wants to work on his endurance after feeling tired as the season wound down. Getting more from Bowe on the field and keeping things quiet off the field would be a big benefit for the Chiefs, who would also get a boost by adding a complement to Bowe in the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...om-pot-arrest/

Dwayne Bowe pays fine, resolves case stemming from pot arrest

Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe, who was arrested in November for marijuana possession, has paid a fine and pleaded guilty to amended charges to resolve the matter.

Bowe pleaded guilty today to defective equipment and littering and paid $610 in fines.

“Like others charged with speeding and possessing marijuana for the first time, Mr. Bowe pleaded guilty to amended charges,” city prosecutor Amy Ashefford told the Kansas City Star, adding that Bowe was treated no better or worse than anyone facing similar charges.

Bowe said in January that he thought he was racially profiled, but last week he released a statement saying the police had treated him fairly.

Now the question is how the league office will treat Bowe. A marijuana offense typically results in a one-game suspension, although littering and “defective equipment” may not be enough to get Bowe in any type of trouble. Still, the fact that this case started with a marijuana arrest could result in Bowe being placed in the league’s substance-abuse program.

How does this fit in with the Irsay story?

Was Bowe also driving a Toyota Highlander?

It doesn't this got major coverage and rightfully so at the time anyways. I don't recall anyone saying that Bowe needed help over it. Not that I think smoking pot is really worse than drinking alcohol yet that's more socially acceptable despite worse side effects.

I bet when Irsay pleads down to lesser charges, there will be accusations of preferential treatment due to him being an old white guy. I'll make a sig calling myself the stupidest person on PD, or whatever publicly "embarassing" thing someone can come up with.

Racism charges never fail. (Not that I deny racism exists, it does)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

So what was defective and how did he litter?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I bet when Irsay pleads down to lesser charges, there will be accusations of preferential treatment due to him being an old white guy. I'll make a sig calling myself the stupidest person on PD, or whatever publicly "embarassing" thing someone can come up with.

Racism charges never fail. (Not that I deny racism exists, it does)

Who happens to be incredibly wealthy he'll probably get probation at most. I don't see him getting anything worse unless something major comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Lol you're saying you were profiled, but you still had weed in your car. So it's your fault, quit trying to blame it on other ppl. I could care less if athletes smoke bud, but driving around with it is another thing. That's just stupid. When I smoked when I was younger even I didn't bring it in my car with me except from my dealers house to straight home. People riding around smoking are just asking to get caught.
    and the reason you were always able to make it home to your house safely is cause you weren't profiled...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    and the reason you were always able to make it home to your house safely is cause you weren't profiled...
    He was pulled over because of speeding. Not because he's black. Plus you deserve to get arrested if your speeding even 1 mph over the limit knowing you have weed in your car. I got arrested when I was 18 because I was high as hell and driving like 6-7 mph over the limit and had weed in the car. I definitely deserved it and never got in trouble with the law ever again after that.