Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul George emerging and putting the Bulls on notice - From a Bulls Blog

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George emerging and putting the Bulls on notice - From a Bulls Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, if you guys think everyone in the media is sleeping ont he Pacers then you really need to expand your horizon past ESPN.
    Just far too used to them turning on a dime as soon as their preferred droolbuddies have some good results. It is possible it won't happen unless the Pacers have a corresponding "back to earth" period, but they'll have to prove it to me.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George emerging and putting the Bulls on notice - From a Bulls Blog

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Just far too used to them turning on a dime as soon as their preferred droolbuddies have some good results. It is possible it won't happen unless the Pacers have a corresponding "back to earth" period, but they'll have to prove it to me.
    Check out the eye on basketball guys or hardwoodparoxysm, you will enjoy them a lot more than trying to listen to ESPN. There are plenty of good NBA writers out there right now. In fact, I think NBA at the moment is by far the best crew of journalists around.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I'm pretty sure no one will be crowning the Bulls if they beat us Saturday.
    Are we living in the same Matrix? Every source that's been cited in this thread will be crowning the Bulls if they beat us Saturday.

All of the Bulls fans who are stupid for thinking their team is better are going to be even more vocal about their team being better. "We're the ones who stopped the streak!"
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Are we living in the same Matrix? Every source that's been cited in this thread will be crowning the Bulls if they beat us Saturday.

All of the Bulls fans who are stupid for thinking their team is better are going to be even more vocal about their team being better. "We're the ones who stopped the streak!"
    Then we'll hear..."We stopped Miami's streak last year, then this year Indy!!!!"

I honestly can see that happening, IF they beat us.

As with Harden a lot of Rose's impact comes from the FACT that he has always been rewarded by the refs for throwing himself into the lane.

It was an ugly ugly era of basketball unbefitting the integrity of the game, and merely playing to the drooling mass of "superstar" fans.

It appears that the league has taken an about face on this issue with the flopping and verticality rules.

I think that is an awesome happening! It gives better balance to the game in terms of defense, encourages fundamentals like shooting, likely protects the knees of all those guys who will eventually quit such risky behavior, and just looks much more like a sporting event and less like a celebrity charity event.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    We're gonna feel pretty stupid if they beat us this weekend.
    Not me. Teams beat one another a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Not me. Teams beat one another a lot.
    Not me either, since I'm not the one saying that a single regular-season win over Chicago proves that we're a better team.

I expect us to win a 7-game series, but it's simply too soon to be making overly broad statements about either team. Thibs is a great coach. Chicago's going to be a powerhouse this year.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm making my statements off the fact that we're the defending division champions and the runner up in the Eastern Conference not because we beat down the Bulls in game 5 of the season.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods